Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walrus - Prepare to be Triggered - The Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Trigger wrote: »
    In 9th place and 15 points its
    Irish Aris
    Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat

Lyrically it’s a very sad song, but is a lovely listen. I do like this one, a lot. Another that wouldn’t usually be my thing but I could see myself throwing this on and bopping away.

Spooky. Never heard this song before but it came up on my playlist this morning out of nowhere.

AND HERE IT IS AGAIN NOW. Lovely soft little tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In 8th place and 16 points its
    Gru
    Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen

The most amazing thing is that I havent listened to this since having the implant, sure I have heard it when I wasn’t deaf but I wouldn’t have had much appreciation for it. Its an absolute fantastic song to be experiencing for the “first time” I actually got a bit emotional listening to this one, as I know the song so well and the first time hearing it like this has been an experience in itself.

In 7th place and 17 points its
    FixXer
    The Beautiful People – Marilyn Manson

I never thought id be saying this but, I like it, I mean really like it , Its such an amazing lyrical song, everything just falls into place. I do think that his voice can be a bit grating after a little while though but it doesn’t overly ruin the song for me, it just goes. Great choice

In 6th place and 18 points its
    Phatkev
    All along the Watchtower – The Dave Matthews Band

I’ve heard a few versions of this before and was a bit wary when I seen it on the list. It doesn’t disappoint though does it, watched on the Youtube video and they put on some show. The intrumental is immense. Great choice

In 5th place and 19 points its
    Statutory Ape
    with Black Night - Deep Purple

Love it! The guitar solo is immense, a sort of bluesy feel to a part of it. I could just listen to this over and over, I don’t even care what the lyrics are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

You've cranked it up to tusk super reveal speed!!!!

In 4th place and 20 points its
    Lassykk
    with Black – Pearl Jam.

The only song submitted that is already on my main playlist, one of the first Pearl Jam songs I listened to along with Just Breathe when going through my rehab, so a very good choice. This is probably the song that made me go “Yep, Pearl Jam are the ones for me!” Eddie’s voice I believe is hit and miss between listeners. I absolutely adore his voice, and could listen all day. I can really emphasise with the lyrics and the guitar solo at the end is brill.

So we are left with our top 3

Stu Redman, sKeith and Tusk.

Who is it going to be?

In 3rd place and 21 points its
    Deleted User
    The Chain – Fleetwood Mac

I have only listened to two Fleetwood mac songs before this “Everywhere” and “Landslide” both are on my playlist so I have high hopes. Oh that’s a nice start, they really do have great voices, really liking this, another for the playlist, It’s a very relaxing song, id listen to this all day.

In 2nd Place and 22 points its
    sKeith
    with The Way it is – Bruce Hornsby

I love this song, such a flow to it and the singers voice is fabulous, I usually wouldn’t be a fan of this type of music, but yeah, its definitely one that I could listen over and over, in fact it has gone straight onto my main playlist.

This was the first song submitted, a very very good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 3rd place and 21 points its
    Deleted User
    The Chain – Fleetwood Mac

I have only listened to two Fleetwood mac songs before this “Everywhere” and “Landslide” both are on my playlist so I have high hopes. Oh that’s a nice start, they really do have great voices, really liking this, another for the playlist, It’s a very relaxing song, id listen to this all day.

My absolute favourite song... Why didn't I go for this?

Well played Stu! I approve of your choice.

Some great songs in general in this round.

Which leaves us with.

In 1st place and 23 points its
    Tusk
    The Sound of Silence – Disturbed

The first time I tried to listen to this there was a connection error to my bluetooth and I was literally getting silence for about 20 seconds before I realised it wasn’t part of the song. :pac: I love it though, its my favourite of this round, straight onto the main playlist, the singers voice is great and the lyrics are beautiful. Top choice! I’m afraid to search for Disturbed on spotify in case I ruin my thoughts on them :pac:

Well done tusk! into an early lead :D

Table after the first round, i have no idea how to do a table so this will have to do.

Tusk 23
    sKeith 22
    Stu Redman 21
    Lassykk 20
    Statutory Ape 19
    Phatkev 18
    FixXxer 17
    Gru 16
    Irish Aris 15
    Sawduck 14
    Homer J. Fong 13
    Baggly 12
    Rikand 11
    Green& Red 10
    LeVar 9
    Osh 8
    TMBS 7
    Necro 6
    Barney92 5
    ShaneU 4
    EN 3
    Hello 2D 2
    BeakerJoe 1

Hopefully it won't take too long to get the next round in order. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

some great songs so far.

I'm glad you liked Smalltown Boy. Initially I was thinking of submitting it in the "lyrical beast" category, but the one I ended up choosing, though not a lyrical beast per se, really gives me a lot of emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ah that great walrus feeling of rejection when someone hates one of your favourite songs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 7th place and 17 points its
    FixXer
    The Beautiful People – Marilyn Manson

I never thought id be saying this but, I like it, I mean really like it

I think this is quote a common thing with Manson - the band's image, and his persona, give people a certain impression. People think they're just in it for shock, when they are (OK, were) an absolutely brilliant band, I love them. He always seems really sound in interviews too, actually very balanced and articulate. Delighted you liked that (even though it wasn't mine!)

I think this is quote a common thing with Manson - the band's image, and his persona, give people a certain impression. People think they're just in it for shock, when they are (OK, were) an absolutely brilliant band, I love them. He always seems really sound in interviews too, actually very balanced and articulate. Delighted you liked that (even though it wasn't mine!)

Quoted for truth. Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals & Holy Wood have some outstanding tracks on them.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised.. there was a good few on it that I enjoyed that I wouldnt even think of looking at initially,thinking that I probably would find them difficult. Its opened my eyes and my mind.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised.. there was a good few on it that I enjoyed that I wouldnt even think of looking at initially,thinking that I probably would find them difficult. Its opened my eyes and my mind.

Probably worth another 10 points...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

fixXxer wrote: »
    Quoted for truth. Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals & Holy Wood have some outstanding tracks on them.

I will add The Golden Age of Grotesque to this list!!

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »
    Probably worth another 10 points...

Here is
    some imaginary
    10 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Top 5, I'll take it. The song was the first rock song I ever heard and made me into the head banger I am today, it has such a chunky riff, love it and its still a regular on my playlist.

Top 5, I'll take it. The song was the first rock song I ever heard and made me into the head banger I am today, it has such a chunky riff, love it and its still a regular on my playlist.

Yeah, musically it is very very good, as I said in the post I didnt even care about the lyrics, I was into it straight from the start, they are good also though and when I got them out and put them alongside to listen, its brilliant.

Been a while since I've watched Bowling for Columbine but I remember him being one of the few people featured in it who didn't come across as an absolute fúcking nutjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Onto the Top 10!

In 10 place and 14 points its
    Sawduck
    Desperado – The Eagles

I like the Eagles, generally like most of their music, and this is probably my Favourite of theirs, “And your losing it all your highs and lows, aint it funny how the feeling goes, away.. Desssperaddoo” yeah its fantastic, a good choice to hear for the first time. Fantastic singers

If you've never heard the lesser known doolin dalton-Desperado reprise, please check it out.. One of their very best!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I've been a huge fan of disturbed since I was a teen and their believe album became popular. They've another beautifully soft song called darkness worth a listen.

I still remember the first time I heard sound of silence. I damn near cried. It gave me shivers and goosebumps and Spidey senses all at once.

Glad you liked it! Although how could you not :)

I'm just blown away with sKeith's choice...he's never let me see that side of him :(

Delighted to see both Bruce Hornsby and Don Henley make it into this round, any fans might want to check out their collaboration on a song called 'End of the Innocence'. I can't link it here because the studio version isn't on Youtube (Henley is worse than Prince and Lars Ulrich for that) but it's on Spotify. In fact, the full album 'End of the Innocence' is arguably Henley's best.

Great hosting from Trigger, love his Pearl Jam link in the OP too. However...'Like a Stone' down near the bottom of the rankings? I wasn't prepared for that triggering.

I'm just blown away with sKeith's choice...he's never let me see that side of him :(

Delighted to see both Bruce Hornsby and Don Henley make it into this round, any fans might want to check out their collaboration on a song called 'End of the Innocence'. I can't link it here because the studio version isn't on Youtube (Henley is worse than Prince and Lars Ulrich for that) but it's on Spotify. In fact, the full album 'End of the Innocence' is arguably Henley's best.

Great hosting from Trigger, love his Pearl Jam link in the OP too. However...'Like a Stone' down near the bottom of the rankings? I wasn't prepared for that triggering.

Meh. It got 6 points, that's hardly last :D as I said, I had difficulty listening to it, tbh in a couple of months time that could be up the top for me, it's just where I am at the mo.

Meh. It got 6 points, that's hardly last :D as I said, I had difficulty listening to it, tbh in a couple of months time that could be up the top for me, it's just where I am at the mo.

Meh to your meh :D

2meh2meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Baba Yetu in the bottom 5 :(. My current feelings about this reveal.

KvN7HCCETdSovJKUwdBv52-bp_i3OLsDH2pgpBjgoSlovLUoNmeOxw6Lt0sTDX1KdwfzT4sglxCxC8EXPYJkCPz4f46AzvvSYSaK0OXQdv8KuWnJ7mMVh8xbymzyCzL8FAdOu7QrWKmUc2fu7skUDoevtO92208LhDKgnCb8

I jest though, it was a somewhat out there choice.

Advertisement