Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Milestone watch recommendation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Zagato wrote: »
    Paw3001 just put one up TZ-UK for £1870 it's an 8500 41.5mm with grey baton dial bracelet has some scuffs. If interested you could join and PM him?

Ah. Slow to the party.

Def needs a polish. Think 1650 is closer to value on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Have decided that I'm getting the AT. Ready to pull the trigger and have a few options on Chrono that I'm willing to go for.

I'm in the position where I am a fan of all of the different variations on the bracelets. The leather, steel and rubber.

Up front it's a little cheaper with the rubber straps, but if I wanted to source an omega bracelet for it, any decent retailer have them? I can't seem to see them on omega site, what's the damage in getting the steel bracelet after the fact?

Have decided that I'm getting the AT. Ready to pull the trigger and have a few options on Chrono that I'm willing to go for.

I'm in the position where I am a fan of all of the different variations on the bracelets. The leather, steel and rubber.

Up front it's a little cheaper with the rubber straps, but if I wanted to source an omega bracelet for it, any decent retailer have them? I can't seem to see them on omega site, what's the damage in getting the steel bracelet after the fact?

Which version of AT? Latest?

(Throw up some links so I can encourage you to buy one I like in the hope you flip it to me next year)

They come up occasionally second hand 350-400 euro second hand. 600-800 new I am guessing.

If buying new from AD then get bracelet now. Cheaper add rubber etc later.

I keep changing my mind but at the moment it is 220.10.41.21.03.002 and in either rubber or steel bracelet.

Sample on Chrono for reference here

I was against the date being at 6 on the dial but its grown on me and the others in my collection both have it at 3. I also really like the extra detail on the second hand being blue.

This watch will be unflippable. :D its marking a big milestone for me personally and professionally and I think it'll take a lot to get rid of it. Probably why I've been like a tortoise getting to the exact one I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Date window at 6 is probably a nicer design tbh.

• Advertisement

Make sure you try before you buy. Any of the ADs will have one in stock. Worth seeing if they will give a decent discount. If it is truely a keeper your name on the paper might be worth it (wouldn’t bother me but some it would.).

They are a lovely watch. The integrated rubber is sublime! The 41mm wear big IMO as the bezel is small bit is better proportioned than the smaller one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭redlead

I keep changing my mind but at the moment it is 220.10.41.21.03.002 and in either rubber or steel bracelet.

Sample on Chrono for reference here

I was against the date being at 6 on the dial but its grown on me and the others in my collection both have it at 3. I also really like the extra detail on the second hand being blue.

This watch will be unflippable. :D its marking a big milestone for me personally and professionally and I think it'll take a lot to get rid of it. Probably why I've been like a tortoise getting to the exact one I want!

That's a beauty. It kind of has a railmaster vibe to it which was always my favourite seamaster.

Check out this too if you like your seamasters. Fair enough it costs more and not in your budget but is a serious watch for the money. I wasn't aware of it at all until watchfinder did a video on it.

https://youtu.be/JetCBA8N4T0

Trigger pulled. :cool:

Approximately 6 weeks to source and deliver!

Well.. Unfortunately still no Aqua Terra.

Wondering what people make of the situation, because of the lag in time, chrono are saying I can get a full refund if I wish. But its been paid for over 2 months now, the money is gone.. And I want the watch. But I'm wondering, should I expect to see the prices drop?

Been keeping an eye and nothing to be saved at the moment on the model I purchased.

Anybody with some insight think there's savings to be made if I pulled back and waited?

Seller seems to be sourcing from Spain, and there still doesn't seem to be a date by when they claim they will have their hands on the watch.

Thankfully the money is safe, but I want my watch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Well.. Unfortunately still no Aqua Terra.

Wondering what people make of the situation, because of the lag in time, chrono are saying I can get a full refund if I wish. But its been paid for over 2 months now, the money is gone.. And I want the watch. But I'm wondering, should I expect to see the prices drop?

Been keeping an eye and nothing to be saved at the moment on the model I purchased.

Anybody with some insight think there's savings to be made if I pulled back and waited?

Seller seems to be sourcing from Spain, and there still doesn't seem to be a date by when they claim they will have their hands on the watch.

Thankfully the money is safe, but I want my watch!!

Dude thats terrible, You should get your money back asap from Chrono. I dont think prices will drop much in the short term, but one thing is that AD's will defo give you 20-30% on it without having to bargain too hard. Whats the budget?

• Advertisement

My only issue is that I csnt find it cheaper at the moment, and with my money protected I'm a little more relaxed maybe.

I went to Dawson Jewellers when I was looking in order to get a feel for the watch..a significant difference in price for what they were selling for vs what I got it for. 33%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭redlead

.a significant difference in price for what they were selling for vs what I got it for. 33%

except you didn't get it.

I think at this stage, its been proven that the dealer isn't able to source the watch. I'd look for a refund and look elsewhere if I were you. This is the sort of scenario where the trusted checkout works out great. It could have been dicey otherwise.

Exactly, they sold you a watch they didnt have, for a price they cannot achieve. A watch in the hand is worth two in the shopping basket. These deals only happen in an active market. With todays stalled market all bets are off and the flippers are in big trouble, all thats left is actual watches with actual values.

Thanks all, I've done what I knew I would but nice to get it validated. My first significant purchase, I have a few more modest watches, and my first on chrono. Never occurred to me that could happen, but glad I did have the funds protected.

Ive contacted few other sellers and one says they actually have that model, but price is up 100. I think its gone on so long I'll just pay it as I really want the watch.

At this stage of rather give it to an Irish company but the difference is too much.. I'm not that charitable!

Will report back if I ever get my hands on it

well I hope its goes smoothly, you have been more than patient.

Finally got a tracking number from the new seller. :cool:

The excitement!

Lovely watch you have chosen. I chose an AT 2500 (black dial on stainless steel) for my first "significant" watch and love it. They are really nice all rounders.

The newer models are perhaps a little more sporty (I would class the 2500 as 60% dressy 40% sporty and the current model as 40% dressy 60% sporty) but still so versatile.

I'm glad yours is on its way to you.

Finally!!

Absolutely delighted with the watch. Instantly fell in love with it. The rubber clasp feels fantastic and a lot more comfortable than I had anticipated.

Thanks to all for the advice over the last few weeks, I think this could turn in to a full on addiction now. 3 in the collection and this my first automatic one.

I might have a few issues getting budgetary approval for the next one!

512561.jpg

Edit: ignore the date.. Too eager to get a snap!

That’s lovely! The fitted strap is the job?

Brand new from grey?

Thats gota be new, condition is amazing. Lovely watch, well wear.

• Advertisement

There is a couple of stickers on! New so!

I call dibs for the sale of it!

893bet wrote: »
    There is a couple of stickers on! New so!

I call dibs for the sale of it!

I think this might be pulled off me in the funeral home!

893bet wrote: »
    The fitted strap is the job?

Just looking at that, it that a special endlink or part of the case in between the strap ends? Looks slick.

I think this might be pulled off me in the funeral home!

I will keep any eye out on RIP.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

that's a beauty Lombardo123, I've always loved the Aqua Terra. It looks stunning in your pic, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Congrats and well wear, delighted it worked out for you in the end. That particular model AT is a stunner imo, a beautiful watch with a great movement. It's a real "wear it anywhere" piece, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,773 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's lovely. Well wear!

I see you got ahead of yourself there though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Well wear, @Lombardo123,
    that's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Very nice, congrats.
    What is the model number of that watch?
    I have been thinking of getting that watch but unsure of the sizes and colour to go for.

• Advertisement

This is 220.12.41.21.03.002

I don't have a big wrist, and this is the 41 version, you can see how it looks in the picture. On the strap i'm near the last hole on it! There is a 38 available but I didn't like how much it squashes the date window towards the bottom of the dial.

Advertisement