Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best sports bras for running

Options
  • 28-04-2020 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been toying with the idea of doing some basic cardio and last week downloaded the Couch 2 5k app and have done week one.

One thing thats been immediately obvious to me is that my existing sports bras are not good enough. I've never been a runner or massive cardio fan, but have been going to the gym and doing weight training for the past few years. Never noticed any bra issues, but running is obviously presenting its own challenges!

Can someone please recommend a good sports bra for a larger chest (think 34E/F cup)

Obviously I'd normally go shopping and try some on, looking at maximum hold, but they can be expensive so if I'm to order online, I want to give myself the best chance of getting it right first time instead of ordering and returning loads.

Suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Lots of suggestions on this thread :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Shock Absorber Active Multisport or Ultimate Run Bra, Panache sports bra, Bravissimo Orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chooey

The shock absorber bras are fab- I have the same size chest and never an issue with them. the ones that criss cross at the back literally do not budge a mm when running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Shock absorber all the way! Really worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Thanks all! Not sure why that thread didnt come up when I searched, but could only find really old threads or ones from people who have even bigger boobs than me!

I'd never heard of them prior to this but the Shock Absorbers seem to be what I want. Thanks for the tip on the ones that cross at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

I'd also recommend Juno, Moving Comfort.

Hi all, thanks again for the suggestions, but I'm actually struggling to find any in my size, in all but the extreme sizes really.

I did a google search and have looked on a good few sites and mostly what I'm finding is lots of availability in really small or really big sizes, but precious little in the middle. Almost everything with a 34in is sold out across multiple sites.

I appreciate that these are popular sizes, but surely the manufacturer knows that and produces accordingly - might there be supply chain issues at play or are most common sizes always hard to come by? I tried their own website, wiggle, sports direct, brown thomas and elverys.

I'm just looking for one that goes across the back in plain black. I found one in white but I'd rather not as white bras (especially for this purpose) would get grubby quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

SozBbz wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks again for the suggestions, but I'm actually struggling to find any in my size, in all but the extreme sizes really.

I did a google search and have looked on a good few sites and mostly what I'm finding is lots of availability in really small or really big sizes, but precious little in the middle. Almost everything with a 34in is sold out across multiple sites.

I appreciate that these are popular sizes, but surely the manufacturer knows that and produces accordingly - might there be supply chain issues at play or are most common sizes always hard to come by? I tried their own website, wiggle, sports direct, brown thomas and elverys.

I'm just looking for one that goes across the back in plain black. I found one in white but I'd rather not as white bras (especially for this purpose) would get grubby quickly.

Amazon have them in various colours in your size but not in black, as far as I can see. I have a pink one and it has washed really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Amazon have them in various colours in your size but not in black, as far as I can see. I have a pink one and it has washed really well.
    I have a strange orange/yellow colour and it has washed very well too... I got it cheap (about €15) on asos.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement

Brilliant thanks, Amazon seem to have the best selection I've seen. I guess black isnt that important, just not white!

Advertisement