Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 - 1000 mile challenge - year 11

• 31-12-2019 1:19pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Off we go again and into a new decade with year 11 of the 1000 mile challenge, the 2019 thread can be found here.

The new 2020 version of the Google Docs spreadsheet can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UydfrWhtEruQsMc9Du4Oi0yA_PIeTjdk9PmVtnJ1hsc/edit?usp=sharing

Same as previous years we are using Google Docs again, just click on the link above and enter your boardsie name in column A and then how far your total miles are for the year in column C, or if you count in kilometres enter that in column D. If you want you can also enter you age/ gender category in column B. Your ranking amongst the boardsies is shown on the Positions sheet.

Do not edit any other columns, except for the completion date when you have done your 1000miles. I have manually added the people who had edit access to the locked tab again for this year, and if there is anyone else who wants access to that then you'll need to PM me your Google email address so that I can enable access. I was also a bit lazy with my deletion of entries in the old spreadsheet so if you were in 2019 then you'll already find your name in the 2020 sheet, some of you may want to update your age category though.

Obviously there will be somewhere that I have messed up the calculations due to the year/ leap years or some such. Let me know if you spot those errors though and I'll get them fixed.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think I just broke it. Grrr.

Bear with me if you are editing at the moment...

Edit: Back in action now. Fat fingers on the phone with too many edit rights and I deleted everything. Thanks to Google for beig able to restore old versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I’ve put my mileage in but I’m not on the positions page am I doing something wrong?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I’ve put my mileage in but I’m not on the positions page am I doing something wrong?

You weren't doing anything wrong, you were just appearing in line 202 of one of the background magic sheets where it does "stuff" and then the next page was only counting up to 200. Should be fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

It won't let me in....

skyblue46 wrote: »
    It won't let me in....

Everyone should be able to edit the "Enter total here" sheet as that isn't restricted access. If you want to enter your details on the "locked" sheet then pm me your email address and I'll add you to the access list tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Weekly average is not computing properly ('Enter total here' tab) - seems to be still calculating from 1/1/2018

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ed......

Hi robin,
    I haven't appeared in the positions table after entering in the enter total here page. I've probably not done something.
    Thanks
    Ed

I think that both those last two issues are now fixed...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ed......

robinph wrote: »
    I think that both those last two issues are now fixed...

Thanks and thanks for looking after this for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Crossed the 1,000 miles on a cool down after a satisfactory session in the early morning sun :) About 80% of those miles were dark, wet and windy. The other 20% bright and sunny.

Didn't hit 1,000m for 2014-1017
    Got it last week of December 2018
    Got it on May 31st last year but just 800 for the rest of the year :rolleyes:

Hopefully another 1,000 miles before the year is out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Is it just for me that the positions sheets seems wrong, not showing names?

sdevine89 wrote: »
    Is it just for me that the positions sheets seems wrong, not showing names?

Not just you. Something does seem to have gone screwy there.

Will have to wait until I'm infront of the pc for me to figure it out though...

...and it should now be working again. Seems that one of the intermediate sheets that does the merging and calculations needed to have an extra couple of lines added to the bottom of it, but it's never entirely obvious what causes the errors.

Let me know if you spot anything else not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Hit the 1000 a few days back. As usual, I didn't fill out the spreadsheet. Hoping for another 2000 for the year but I may struggle for motivation with the lack of races.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

1k miles today, on track for 3k again for the 8th consecutive year, despite a few curve balls being flung at me.
    12 days to go for 1k streak.

PS: Estimated total for the year is being calculated off 367 days, so is over estimating.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

PS: Estimated total for the year is being calculated off 367 days, so is over estimating.

Damn leap years, I'll try and fix that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

Passed the 1000 mile mark last week, around two weeks earlier than last year cause of a holiday (remember them!) which meant two weeks of zero distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The 1,000th mile clocked up yesterday on the Clontarf seafront. A few weeks ahead of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

1,000 miles reached this morning, 7 weeks earlier than 2019. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Passed this landmark in the last few days, did it on 20 August last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

1000 miles reached yesterday. Several months later than ever before but that's ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Done, a whole 9 days earlier than last year. Steady progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

1,000 mile mark hit in this morning's run, just over 3 weeks earlier than last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭ariana`

Hit 1,000 on Saturday's run. Exactly 1 month earlier than the last 2 years :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thursday brought me to 1,000.78 miles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

2,000 miles completed this week. Most of the last 300 were indoor rowing miles as I'm injured. Rowing miles are more or less 1:1 running replacement miles but work more muscles. Would like to hit a combined total of 3,000 miles this year, with 2,000 of it running. It would surpass any year of running volume since I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Passed 1000 miles for the year during a 12K run this evening.
    4 weeks earlier than last year but a week later than 2018. No marathon training this year so not ran further than 22/23K on a long run. Hoping to beat my 2018 target of 1514 miles and the google sheet tells me I’m on course to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Hit 2,000 miles this evening. Missed most of this month through injury so am happy to get back out and on track for 5,000km for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Hit 1000 miles last Thursday, lock down has had one positive effect for me which is that I am way ahead of schedule for this! Normally well into October before I hit 1000 miles, lost about 5 weeks this year to illness so very happy with this now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Hit 2000 miles on a nice easy recovery run yesterday morning. Over a month ahead of last year.

Hoping to hit 3000 miles for the first time if I stay injury free for the rest of the year :cool:

Advertisement