Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurants open for takeaway in Waterford during Coronavirus

• 25-04-2020 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Lads, can we post up what restaurants are open for takeaway in Waterford during the lockdown?

We’ve been ordering from Peppers (Indian/Pakistani), but I’d love to know if any good Chinese or Thai places are doing takeaway, or if restaurants that usually don’t do takeaway are offering it now. Everett’s are doing bread apparently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The riverside cottage (formerly Beckett's) is open for takeaways

Loko too and are on just eat. Pricey be worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Loko
    Roman's
    Sabai
    Bell Pepper
    Kyoto
    Eastenders
    Peppers
    Brooklyn
    Don Antonio
    Emiliano's

All those restaurants are doing collections,and some deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Royal chipper
    Jumbos
    Brennans
    Humdingers
    The Folly
    Lombard Street

south wrote: »
    Royal chipper
    Jumbos
    Brennans
    Humdingers
    The Folly
    Lombard Street

The Marian and Johnny Walkers are the only chippers i've seen closed all the rest are open

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

fricatus wrote: »
    Lads, can we post up what restaurants are open for takeaway in Waterford during the lockdown?

We’ve been ordering from Peppers (Indian/Pakistani), but I’d love to know if any good Chinese or Thai places are doing takeaway, or if restaurants that usually don’t do takeaway are offering it now. Everett’s are doing bread apparently.
    What's pepper's like been meaning to try it for a while,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 maggiewhite

The Marian and Johnny Walkers are the only chippers i've seen closed all the rest are open

The Cleaboy chipper has an intercom on the wall outside. They call your name when your order is ready.

What's pepper's like been meaning to try it for a while,

Very good.

The craftsman

The Cleaboy chipper has an intercom on the wall outside. They call your name when your order is ready.

And you can ring in your order to collect it

The craftsman

The Viking hotel started dinners today for collection too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Out in Dunmore East

O'Shea's are open Friday and Saturday, phone in your order and collect (they've never done delivery), open 4:30 to 8:30, they have a little hatch set up at the window. Their little chipper van is also open in Kilmeaden, same hours.

Azzurro are open for takeaway, Wednesday - Sunday, 4 to 9:30, (delivery also available to the local area only).

The Lemon Tree have a little hatch open and are open every day for takeaway. They have lots of options, lunches, dinners and desserts. Delivery also available to the local area only.

Cleaboy have an excellent system in place, very efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Royal chipper
    Jumbos
    Brennans
    Humdingers
    The Folly
    Lombard Street

The folly chipper won't deliver to me, same with Lombard Street. I used their justeat and it wouldn't work. I wonder do they take some areas out of consideration due how busy things get or is there some other reason?

Ramen on the Cork Road opening back up on Thursday at 1pm for collections

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭anplaya27

[PHP][/PHP]
    Cleaboy have an excellent system in place, very efficient.

Wouldnt work for me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Shiki also open, really enjoyed it tonight, but I crave Johnny Walkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Lots of takeaways are so busy that they're turning off the JustEat machines and only dealing directly over the phone or on their own ordering system. They don't have to pay commissions to JustEat this way.

McLearys Cafe opening tomorrow for collections,they will be opened everyday from 12-8pm

Espresso opening this Friday to Monday from 4-8pm for collections

Hilbillies back open :D:D:D

• Advertisement

You can get a pint of Guinness or Heineken with your dinner from the Craftsman now,takeaway only!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I'd be wary of any pub selling draught beer since keg deliveries stopped in the middle of March

Adyx wrote: »
    I'd be wary of any pub selling draught beer since keg deliveries stopped in the middle of March

That's only a few weeks ago the pints wouldn't be that bad would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Heineken might be in date for another while but I'd be very doubtful of Guinness. I should point out: it's a best before date on beer not a use by. Unless the keg is way out of date, you probably wouldn't even notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

No they wouldnt at all. I bet there are many pubs serving beer from kegs which would be 3 to 4 months beyond their use by date. No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Momo joining the takeaway part from Thursdays to Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Boooourns wrote: »
    Momo joining the takeaway part from Thursdays to Sundays.

Burzza starting too

Tullys doing flasks of beer for collection

https://tullysbar.ie/

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tullys doing flasks of beer for collection

https://tullysbar.ie/

They had to stop this according to their social media pages,only lasted a day whatever happened!

• Advertisement

They had to stop this according to their social media pages,only lasted a day whatever happened!

Yeah saw that, I wonder was the close enforced ?

They have growlers out in superquinn but not sure what's the story with them and where do you get the beer for them ?

Advertisement