Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clone Wars returns

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well. If there's one set of people to be surrounded by when Order 66 kicks off.. it'd be:
    - Mandalorians on your side who'll protect you from the Clones
    - Mandalorians and a Sith Lord who are Not on your side who are already fighting the Clones and have no love for Palpatine

Saying that though, maybe it's Jedi specific and these clones seem to know she's not a Jedi member anymore.

Slydice wrote: »
    Well. If there's one set of people to be surrounded by when Order 66 kicks off.. it'd be:
    - Mandalorians on your side who'll protect you from the Clones
    - Mandalorians and a Sith Lord who are Not on your side who are already fighting the Clones and have no love for Palpatine

Saying that though, maybe it's Jedi specific and these clones seem to know she's not a Jedi member anymore.

If you've watched rebels they provide a little bit of extra info on this. Don't know how do do spoilers so won't post

I have watched Rebels and I am guessing I've gotten hazy on it. When I heard
    Fulcrum
    being used in this episode, I definitely remembered Rebels!

Guessing I'll be reminded in the next episode though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Another cool episode.

Getting closer and closer to Order 66 with Obi Wan being dispatched to fight Grievous

And looking at the credits
    Ray Park performed the Maul fight scenes

After these episodes, I must reread the Son of Dathomir comic and episodes of Rebels related to this arc. Won't say who the episodes follow in case someone here hasn't watched and doesn't know who survives until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Relikk

I was thinking all through that fight that they really nailed Ray Park's fighting style for Maul. It was also more measured and the pacing was much slower and more realistic compared to the fights that we are used to seeing in the Clone Wars series, as they're usually lightning fast. Great idea to motion capture the scene. The last two episodes have been perfect. Really couldn't ask for anything more as a Star Wars fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Weird the way Maul
    avoided saying palpatine, things would have gone differently if he had rather than saying former master/sidious all the time.

Be odd if he didn't know

Love that quick scene
    where maul got kick through the window and his lightsabre cuts both sides.

I was thinking at the end
    I hope someone fixes that beam. It could be dangerous.
    :)

10: Intense story at the start and action at the end!

Only 2 Episodes Left!!

Oh this is gonna be something!

Wierd the way Maul does anything in all his stories to be fair.

Cool video of the motion capture process for the Maul and Ahsoka duel.

I know it was due to the model being reused, but found it funny when all the Mandalorians were standing in the tunnels listening to Maul, they all had a bun in each hand.

• Advertisement

Another great episode.
    Order 66. Rex seemingly trying to fight against it but ultimately failing. Callback to 5s' malfunctioning chip.

1 episode to go. As much as I don't like saying that, I'm looking forward to see how they wrap the 4-parter and the series up

11: That was so good!
    Unleash Maul .. as a distraction! and what a distraction!
    :eek:

The soundtrack! Felt very Bladerunner! I liked it!

Yeah was surprised at the decapitations then the arm. Didn't get to see the one missing the arm after

Speaking of Maul, I always liked this Maul clip, also voiced by Sam Witwer. :D

12: Just Freakin Wow! How was that a whole episode?! Felt like 30 seconds!

The Artwork and Soundwork in these last few episodes have just been great. The soundtrack as well! Real mix of Kevin Kiner and Blade Runner feel I thought. Really liked how they mixed in Kiners music from Rebels!
    • Really cool how they showed the different path of the Light and the Dark escaping on the Clones Ship!
    • That scene with Maul destroying the hyperdrives!!!
      :eek:
    • The animation scenes showing clones ship coming to pieces and going down into the moon!!
    • The mood and feels when Rex knew he'd be fighting his brothers.
    • Ahsoka letting Maul go cos she knew she needed to save Rex.
    • Ahsoka holding the line while Rex got that fighter(looked similar to an A-Wing?) ship ready. She took some knocks there!
    • Then the two endings with Ahsoka and the ligthsabre which I guess was her letting go of the past... and Anakins.. well Vader now.. the artwork of his scenes and him finding the Sabre! That was the owl from Rebels right?!

The Mandalorian can't come soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Beautifully done episode. There's a level of depth and emotion in the show that's generally lacking from any of the movies. Anakin and Ashoka's arc are so well handled.

I really hope Filoni can steer the future of the property

Amazing. Great season overall, but these last four episodes in particular have been nothing short of perfection. Loved every single second of them.

Great finale. I like that even though she knew the clones were gong to die anyway, she didn't want to be the one to kill them, even though it made things harder for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Fantastic.

Gorgeous.

I recently tried to watch the Rise of Skywalker and just binned it after about an hour because it was muck.

The amount of respect to the lore, the pathos, the set pieces, the physical comedy, the representation of the power of the force... it was alien to that film, but it was here in abundance, and it's probably the best piece of Star Wars media made since Empire. Simply brilliant.

It makes me hopeful that Star Wars as a franchise can be turned around, after two dud trilogies of films in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Agree, 100%.

The more recent non-movies, such as The Mandalorian, Clone Wars, and even the signing of Taika Waititi to direct one of the newer movies gives me hope. In particular, the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars actually make Revenge of the Sith a better movie, in my eyes (I did like it beforehand anyway)

After the disappointment that that last two movies were, and Solo, it's looking a bit more positive for the franchise. Having just finished Rebels as well, I'm hoping that the Mandalorian Season 2 can bring the conclusion of the Rebels arc back into the light for a proper conclusion.

• Advertisement

Hmm, I for one think that we've had enough Clone Wars as I'm finding it hard to flick the hype switch on for something like this, especially for some side characters whose episodes in the final series were just "fine".

Advertisement