Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked Jogger?? Six Cross Roads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Wow this thread has got hijacked and is now gone so far off course its gonna need to self quarantine whenever it gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

... i dunno whats going on... was the naked running a protest against public sector pay ?

Get a room folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭purifol0

Sorry where exactly is the actual average pay in that listed? All I see is a pay scale with no allowances or overtime from a unions website.

Looks like you've been caught bull****ting Aunty Tim.

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    ... i dunno whats going on... was the naked running a protest against public sector pay ?

Get a room folks.

apparently,

The cheek....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

purifol0 wrote: »
    As a tax payer and citizen I want better value for my tax money. Is that too much to ask? Any time I have needed the Gards they have proved absolutely useless. Whether it was handing out incorrect forms, signing them in the wrong places, giving incorreect info at the desk or even when my gaff was robbed and they sent a letter 6 months later saying they lost the fingerprints so the case was closed. Or when they sent me a summons to attend court 4 whole days before I was supposed to be in court - because the gard at the station never bothered to record my proof of motor insurace after I had been stopped with a new policy and no disc (but had the email).
    Or how about when they say theyll be there in 10 minutes and then dont turn up at all. Or when they threatened an illegal strike in 2016 and ended up getting a 50million euro raise. Or that time they all committed fraud with penalty points and nothing was done.

Citizens deserve value for money and accountability. Not cop outs like "shure just join em if its so good."

you have been very unfortunate to have had so many dealings with the gardai in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

The fat Garda has hacked the naked jogger thread, only in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭purifol0

debok wrote: »
    you have been very unfortunate to have had so many dealings with the gardai in your life.

Could be worse, I could have been a whistleblower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭wandererz

The naked runner was so confused by the Six Cross Roads that he totally flipped like.

Tore his clothes off his body & decided to find "nayychur".

Unforrtune-ately he was nabbed by the gardeee.

wandererz wrote: »
    The naked runner was so confused by the Six Cross Roads that he totally flipped like.

Tore his clothes off his body & decided to find "nayychur".

Unforrtune-ately he was nabbed by the gardeee.

How many of them did it take to eventually catch him? and did they have to wait until he got tired? :p

Could be worse, I could have been a whistleblower

True

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Right, so the question is just did the gardai circulate the videos? I think?

Or that we should publicly humiliate the mentally unwell.

That's not even a question, you have made a declarative statement.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

As a tax payer and citizen I want better value for my tax money. Is that too much to ask? Any time I have needed the Gards they have proved absolutely useless. Whether it was handing out incorrect forms, signing them in the wrong places, giving incorreect info at the desk or even when my gaff was robbed and they sent a letter 6 months later saying they lost the fingerprints so the case was closed. Or when they sent me a summons to attend court 4 whole days before I was supposed to be in court - because the gard at the station never bothered to record my proof of motor insurace after I had been stopped with a new policy and no disc (but had the email).
    Or how about when they say theyll be there in 10 minutes and then dont turn up at all. Or when they threatened an illegal strike in 2016 and ended up getting a 50million euro raise. Or that time they all committed fraud with penalty points and nothing was done.

Citizens deserve value for money and accountability. Not cop outs like "shure just join em if its so good."

What's a gard??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Every other employer has cut wages in the last month

Eh, citation needed there, gonna be good proving every single private sector employer in the country has cut wages.
    I'll wait... :rolleyes:

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Feel kinda bad for the guy. For a country that prides itself on being open about mental health people are surely very quick to post videos of him on social media and laugh.

Agree on one side, but by your logic, lets shut down boards.ie hell lets shut down the internet and the media

Dougal enters room reading a newspaper

Dougal shouts loudly to Ted

Ted Clint Eastwood has been accused of a murder he didn't commit, oh wait that's tonight's movie.

just thought id throw that in there now folks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,180 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Dougal enters room reading a newspaper

Dougal shouts loudly to Ted

Ted Clint Eastwood has been accused of a murder he didn't commit, oh wait that's tonight's movie.

just thought id throw that in there now folks

oh ok ….

Did you get your clothes back afterwards ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

No problem whatsover:

hHVsN78.png

Now it's your turn to provide your source!

So the average public servant earns between 30-60k per year and you take issue with this? Thats piss poor pay.
    Meanwhile private sector employees earn far more than that.

Get a life.

greenspurs wrote: »
    oh ok ….

Did you get your clothes back afterwards ??

Ted.

And doesn't Mary have a lovely bottom,

Other Priest interjects

Ted you can't say that.

Ted

Of course they all have lovely bottoms

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Overpaid? Have you seen their starting salaries? You could easily get more in a nice relaxing dev job as a computer programmer and you wouldn't get hassled by the public, have to work antisocial shifts and generally end up with the sh!ttiest jobs dealing with the pond life every community contains.

And I don't get the thing about overweight? Do people still think Gardaí can chase after a burglar and knock the living crap out of them? That may go on behind closed doors, but the days of being able to rough hand scumbags are gone, lest they get sued by some solicitor who will claim their client was traumatised and left unable to work for years after a rough handling. What do you really think the Guards can DO to someone if they caught them fleeing a scene etc? Little to nothing, the procedures and protocols are airtight and don't allow you to use even a smidgeon of force.

I think people need to arm themselves with some facts regarding the day to day of our Gardaí.

Retired at 50.

Doing feck all, apart from a few good guards.

Criminally overpaid, pun intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Retired at 50.

Doing feck all, apart from a few good guards.

Criminally overpaid, pun intended.

Do you have enough tar for your brush?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

This thread should be taken down, that chap was ill.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This thread should be taken down, that chap was ill.

And you know that for a fact, do you, why out of curiosity was he arrested then and charges are to follow apparently also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

How did this thread on a naked man running descend on a pedantic, hair spitting debate over public sector pay
    ?

How did this thread on a naked man running descend on a pedantic, hair spitting debate over public sector pay
    ?

Because a poster had a lot of run ins with the gardai.
    Ya know that way, when your innocently living your life and the gardai just keep hassling you for no reason what's so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Did anyone consider it could have been a bad acid trip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Did anyone consider it could have been a bad acid trip

Been a couple of videos going around of something similar, guy in Cork out for a walk naked and another in Dublin stark naked standing on his chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Aquos76 wrote: »
    And you know that for a fact, do you, why out of curiosity was he arrested then and charges are to follow apparently also.

I do and it's not as it would seem It really is none of your business.
    He was detained under the Mental Health Act and not arrested.
    This tread should be taken down

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I do and it's not as it would seem It really is none of your business.
    He was detained under the Mental Health Act and not arrested.
    This tread should be taken down

Personally I couldn’t care less about it, I merely asked if you knew that it was definitely mental health.