Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Belfast86 wrote: »
    Reading on here quite a few hit 35. I didn’t post my score earlier but I also got 35.

Good luck in the next selection

I got 38 this time around! Delighted as I found it tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

sharon1986 wrote: »
    I got 38 this time around! Delighted as I found it tough!

Well done Sharon.

I have struggled over the years with the IST and went for some private training with a company called No Tomatoes that helped me.

Good luck at the AC centre

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

New here, good luck to everyone applying this time round. Recently passed my IST with a score of 36 which I was a bit disappointed with as I rushed the 2nd assessment and got 6 wrong with plenty of time to spare. Any how, looking forward but a bit nervous with regards assessment centre as never done it before. Looks like we may be facing some delays now with covid 19, hopefully get some direction come 24th with assessment centre dates. Good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    New here, good luck to everyone applying this time round. Recently passed my IST with a score of 36 which I was a bit disappointed with as I rushed the 2nd assessment and got 6 wrong with plenty of time to spare. Any how, looking forward but a bit nervous with regards assessment centre as never done it before. Looks like we may be facing some delays now with covid 19, hopefully get some direction come 24th with assessment centre dates. Good luck everyone.

IST score doesn't really matter, pass is a pass. A higher IST score just means that you will have an earlier AC, you'll still have to wait the same amount of time as everyone else for results.

No probs, was under the impression my score would be added to AC score for merit list should I pass next stage lol looks like we may be in for a bit of a wait regardless due to covid 19, lockdown extended another 3 weeks. I'm guessing no dates will be issued for assessment centre until lockdown lifted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

I'm using the time to prepare for the AC as well as running for the fitness. Good luck for the next stage everyone!

Hi sharon, I'm doing the same with regards a/c. Just familiarising myself with 6 core competencies and what to expect in role plays etc, going to prepare examples for situational interview also. I'm not stressing to much about it, quite a high % get through, so just going to try and be myself and not come across like a robot as it is probably not what they are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

That's all we can do prepare for the ac and pca it would be great if we could have a date to work towards but just have to take what comes

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Kind of a bit confused with regards to the AC but is there a situational interview that forms part of the AC?

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    Kind of a bit confused with regards to the AC but is there a situational interview that forms part of the AC?

There is no interview at the AC, just roleplays, written exercises and short IST retest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

NornIron74 wrote: »
    There is no interview at the AC, just roleplays, written exercises and short IST retest.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

I have just moved house within the last two weeks, so I just email with my UID number and give my new address?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭NeeNaw21

No probs, was under the impression my score would be added to AC score for merit list should I pass next stage lol looks like we may be in for a bit of a wait regardless due to covid 19, lockdown extended another 3 weeks. I'm guessing no dates will be issued for assessment centre until lockdown lifted

No only AC score counts. IST score used for tie breaking only. IST is just to thin the herd

Happy days, hopefully after next friday it wont be too long before assessment centre dates are given out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

I was under the impression that there was an interview element. I rechecked the recruitment guidance and it makes no mention of an interview but I believe most other police services have the interview element.

How do you know there are no interviews?

Thanks in advance.

Andimaul wrote: »
    I was under the impression that there was an interview element. I rechecked the recruitment guidance and it makes no mention of an interview but I believe most other police services have the interview element.

How do you know there are no interviews?

Thanks in advance.

I think there are interviews for the GB forces but definitely none here, I passed the AC in the 1810 campaign and there wasn't one (thankfully)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Many thanks for the information mate.

I think there are interviews for the GB forces but definitely none here, I passed the AC in the 1810 campaign and there wasn't one (thankfully)

Did you pull out of the process in 18/10 recruitment drive if you dont mind me asking? Thanks

Did you pull out of the process in 18/10 recruitment drive if you dont mind me asking? Thanks

No I'm still in it, just waiting on the call

No I'm still in it, just waiting on the call

Hopefully you arent waiting to long. Have you done all the psni managed stages and just waiting on a start date?

• Advertisement

Hopefully you arent waiting to long. Have you done all the psni managed stages and just waiting on a start date?

Yes everything passed a month ago

It shouldn't be long now then, covid 19 probably causing the delay. I'm sure your head is done in waiting for your good news letter and start date lol

It shouldn't be long now then, covid 19 probably causing the delay. I'm sure your head is done in waiting for your good news letter and start date lol

Yeah been a long 18 months just want to get started

I know the feeling, I was on waiting list for fire service (full time) for 2 years and didn't even get called up. I was on list with about 180 people but due to them taking in such small numbers, I didn't get it. Was sitting in 10th position before list lapsed, was really disappointed at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

I know the feeling, I was on waiting list for fire service (full time) for 2 years and didn't even get called up. I was on list with about 180 people but due to them taking in such small numbers, I didn't get it. Was sitting in 10th position before list lapsed, was really disappointed at the time.

That's crappy!

But you know what they say whats for you won't pass you.

Anyone here heard back regarding further educational evidence? I know they said Friday and they usually take right up to the deadline but I’m just curious

I wouldn't worry too much, probably be tomorrow or friday. The ist was a day earlier than quoted. Suppose you only have to worry if the docs you uploaded weren't official lol luckily I had mine from fire service. More interested to see how assessment centres are going to progress during lockdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

How's everyone preparing for the PCA?

I wouldn't worry too much, probably be tomorrow or friday. The ist was a day earlier than quoted. Suppose you only have to worry if the docs you uploaded weren't official lol luckily I had mine from fire service. More interested to see how assessment centres are going to progress during lockdown

See my documents arrived late due to COVID but I believe they will follow up as long as you say the IST and passed which I did thankfully.

• Advertisement

Yes, you should receive an email with an opportunity to forward them so sit tight 😉

Advertisement