Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BA and their cancellations

• 18-04-2020 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Email received from BA:

We’re sorry that more than one of your flights have been cancelled. You can choose new flights or cancel this booking.

There's a choice of two buttons to press: Cancel Booking or Change Booking

Below the buttons it says:

There’s no extra cost for any changes and please contact us or call your original travel agent to get a refund.

No Contact options of any kind are offered.

Clicking on the Cancel Booking leads to a new page with a form to complete for a voucher. No other option offered.

I logged in to BA website and tried from within. There is no option for a refund there either other than to contact them but, again, no contacts offered.

I eventually found a phone number on the site which has reduced hours but it's always engaged. Trying now for two weeks.

Anyone else have better luck?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Click on this link, use the instructions and it will load a refund page as opposed to a voucher page.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/03/19/how-to-trigger-an-online-avios-flight-refund-using-google-chrome/

Worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

PCros wrote: »
    Click on this link, use the instructions and it will load a refund page as opposed to a voucher page.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...google-chrome/

Worked for me

Your link is broken but I'm fairly sure they closed that loophole anyway.

VG31 wrote: »
    Your link is broken but I'm fairly sure they closed that loophole anyway.

Thanks for the spot - updated the link now.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

Thanks for the link but it looks like BA plugged the loophole alright.

Presumably, the whole IAG group including Aer Lingus has adopted this policy of no refunds without having to make a phonecall?

Yeah I think all airlines are putting up a front for this.

I also had to apply for a seat refund and had to fill out a different form so that was 10 days ago so we'll see what happens there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement