Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tyre garages open?

• 15-04-2020 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Badly need tyres for my car as they are overdue.. I need the car for work. I understand that the garages are closed but are there any doing call outs or taking in drop offs?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I got a puncture fixed in Advance Pitstop on the Cork Rd. there last week. You just have to give the manager a call before you go in as there's only a few staff on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Dessies tyres are open in Cork but only the Blackpool one. They open between 10 and 2 each day, got them done about a week and half ago. They won't do wheel alignment yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

I think most places are doing work by appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

best drive (used to be advance pit stop I think) opposite the rsc at kilbarry are open for emergencies ... give them a call and I would think they will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

You would think car and tyre garages would be open given they provide an essential service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Tom Geraghty tyres on Grattan Quay was open on Tuesday, ring first I'd say.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Billy Ryan in Ferrybank is also open from 10am to 12.30pm daily I think, again you should ring in advance to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I would imagine Larry guinan is open out on motor mile there. When I was in before the lockdown he said that unless they were forced to close they'd stay open. Tyres etc are essential so I think they should be alright

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The tyre garage on the inner ring road was open today when I was passing around 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Bards

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Billy Ryan in Ferrybank is also open from 10am to 12.30pm daily I think, again you should ring in advance to be sure.

Ryan's do call-out too... I had to get a puncture fixed... 30 euro was very good and arived within half an hour

• Advertisement
Advertisement