Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AFL Evolution 2

• 14-04-2020 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just bought this on the PS4 store and was wondering if anyone bought it and what they think of it?
    Graphics are poor but I am enjoying the gameplay as it’s similar to a Gaelic game.
    Online is a disaster for me so far, can’t play a game without connection issues. Have 200mb broadband but will always have a weak connection when matched with someone.

Be great to hear different opinions on it and what you think of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

I'd imagine there isn't much chance of playable online, since 99% of the player base would be in AUS so the latency is going to be huge no matter how good your internet connection is unfortunately.

How are the single player modes, is there much depth to it?

How is the actual gameplay? Are the controls responsive? Is there much variety to how different matches tend to play out?

I haven't played an AFL game since AFL'98 back when EA had the license, but might pick it up if there is a bit of variety too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Parawind wrote: »
    I'd imagine there isn't much chance of playable online, since 99% of the player base would be in AUS so the latency is going to be huge no matter how good your internet connection is unfortunately.

How are the single player modes, is there much depth to it?

How is the actual gameplay? Are the controls responsive? Is there much variety to how different matches tend to play out?

I haven't played an AFL game since AFL'98 back when EA had the license, but might pick it up if there is a bit of variety too it.

Gameplay is fast, enjoying it so far. I wouldn’t of played any of the older games so I have nothing really to compare it to. I’ve been playing on easy mode to get started on it and have only played 4 of 5 single matches, haven’t started a season. It’s a lot of fun when you win the mark ball clean, there’s a circle and the person closest to it usually wins the ball or you can punch it away to stop the other wining it. Kicking marks at goal is simple enough and can choose the type of kick you want to do, drop punt, torpedo etc. I found controls are responsive, tackling is straight forward by pressing triangle. I bought it for 70 euro but in my opinion it’s about a 35 euro game max. If the online worked it would be interesting to see how others are like at it. Do you think if I was playing against someone in Europe the connection would be better?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

By the simple fact the signal doesn't have to travel across most of the surface of the world then yes it would be a lot better with a European player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Watched some clips and opinions online but really hard to tell if its worth the price of admission. Definitely will look to pick it up once price drops a bit though.

Parawind wrote: »
    Watched some clips and opinions online but really hard to tell if its worth the price of admission. Definitely will look to pick it up once price drops a bit though.

Same as.

In some clips it looks to move alright and then in another light it looks all over the place with handballs going all over the place.

I watched a clip on YT of a guy playing career mode and for the last few mins of a game, both players were kicking it out on the full until the siren went... was funny but also shows the AI is a bit poor.

Probably best online which as said above is a non runner with the location of the core.

• Advertisement
Advertisement