Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Betfair exchange odds decreased, want to cash out.

Options
  • 14-04-2020 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi,

I put €100 on Hillary Clinton to be the Democratic Nominee 3 months ago at 40/1. The price is now at 22/1.

Can I get that 18/1 difference now? How do I go about it?

Badly needed with the way things are.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Hi,
    I put €100 on Hillary Clinton to be the Democratic Nominee 3 months ago at 40/1. The price is now at 22/1.
    Can I get that 18/1 difference now? How do I go about it?
    Badly needed with the way things are.
    Thanks in advance

Surely (if cash-out isn't an option) the alternative is to lay HC.

So if she looses you get 100notes back on this. If she wins your liability(exposure) is 2,200. However, considering also that if she wins, you get 4,000 (+1800) - from the early punt.

She hasn't a chance or any hope of success, unless all other candidates and Trump himself all catch a very bad dose of the WuFlu. Essentially you're risking 100notes for an (way)outside chance of 1800gains (pre-commission), 1,710n (if 5%).

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

OK, but if I lay HC now will I have to wait until the decision in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

OK, but if I lay HC now will I have to wait until the decision in July?

Lay your 100 back on her and your liability will go to zero on the market meaning 100 back in your account

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Clippett wrote: »
    Lay your 100 back on her and your liability will go to zero on the market meaning 100 back in your account

OK, sorry to be an idiot but whats happens the €1800 in odds difference, where does that go?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

OK, sorry to be an idiot but whats happens the €1800 in odds difference, where does that go?

It goes nowhere. It sits as a potential win on Hilary Clinton. You will have 1800 green on Hilary and zero liability on everyone else. You will obviously only win the 1800 if she is named the candidate on 17th August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Came across this thread when looking for some odds on Hilary in 2024.

Just want to clarify one thing for the OP... the value of the bet is not 1,800 when the odds go from 40/1 to 22/1.... the "value" is 178.26. You basically went from having a 1/40 chance of getting 4,100 to having a 1/23 chance of getting 4,100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

3DataModem wrote: »
    Came across this thread when looking for some odds on Hilary in 2024.
    A market for chances of being embalmed by then would be ideal.

Wildcards for '24 could be Zuckerberg, or if laws were ammended, after the coming liberal forced civil war there, for Musk (Springbok) to have a go at it.

Advertisement