Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Heist / La casa de papel/Korea/Berlin [Netflix]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Glad I came across this thread as I watched the first two episodes last night and didnt realise you could change from dubbed to subtitles until reading here that others have done it. I liked the episodes a lot but was thinking of giving up due to how awful the dubbing is but will continue now with subtitles.

I dont know what the aversion is to subtitles anyway, is it an American thing? I had never heard of it before until that South Korean movie won an Oscar and seemingly lots of Americans wouldnt watch it because its subtitled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I hit the 'skip 10 second button' to skip through all the long meaningful conversations about feelings. I thought it was ok, overall, but I'm disappointed there wasn't a resolution. It doesn't need more seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

They're tearing the a**e out of it now. Would have been better if there had been 10 episodes and it was brought to a conclusion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Easy watching. Season 4 is a bit too messy for my liking. Should have been 2 more 3 more episodes to finish it. You can nearly feel what's going to happen in season 5.

With any tv show that gets successful the motive be-all-and-end-all most often becomes to keep it going for as long-as-possible as the hard thing to do is build up audience numbers in the first place

especially a Spanish production which is a lot cheaper to make than an American one who will have actors that can demand more and more $$$ so the drag-the-arse-out-of-it effect is going to be even more pronounced here

I was the OP on this thread but stopped watching it as it got poor in a hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    You can nearly feel what's going to happen in season 5.

interesting new gang member I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

glasso wrote: »
    With any tv show that gets successful the motive be-all-and-end-all most often becomes to keep it going for as long-as-possible as the hard thing to do is build up audience numbers in the first place

especially a Spanish production which is a lot cheaper to make than an American one who will have actors that can demand more and more $$$ so the drag-the-arse-out-of-it effect is going to be even more pronounced here

I was the OP on this thread but stopped watching it as it got poor in a hurry.

Season two was poor, but season 3 got it back and I thought season 4 was strong, but I think they could have had 2 more episodes and ended it.

Season 5 is probably a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Tokyo is so bloody annoying. Would love to see her killed off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Tokyo is so bloody annoying. Would love to see her killed off

I know but God she's hot :o

A lot of them are annoying at this point I have to say. I agree with those who say another couple of episodes to close it out would have been preferable to a fifth series. I enjoyed the latest series in a somewhat mindless, what happens next type of way but it is getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I started this week and I've just finished ep3 s2. It's enjoyable and started to become really engaging at ep 9/10 s1.
    The character development progresses as the show progresses but still I find myself annoyed, for example, as the Professor's seeming intelligence is let down time and again by the feckless robbers he has chosen. Tokyo is a fine example of this- an obvious poisonous attitude stemming ( or so she's says) from a childhood classroom incident. Plus the fact that she was ready in the very first episode to meet her mother after a failed bank robbery, and not expecting a police presence, showing she was lacking and incapable.
    The show's themes aren't too thought provoking ( up to this stage anyway). The clearest being the male female battle of wills. The women are the most resilient characters, a reflection of the hard won changing views/rights in post- Franco Spain.
    Of course there are moments throughout that would not necessarily match reality but really what TV show these days does?
    It's a good romp though and worth the ride with plenty of climaxes in the right places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I hit the 'skip 10 second button' to skip through all the long meaningful conversations about feelings. I thought it was ok, overall, but I'm disappointed there wasn't a resolution. It doesn't need more seasons.

I did the same -skip.
    Finished s4 earlier and even though I enjoyed it I still found it all a little too Disneyesq. I suppose, as in the show itself, it's easier to cheer on anti-heros rather than villains.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Finished season4 tonight after watching the lasr 4 eps back to back. Only realised that they werent getting out of the bank and there would be a cliffhanger about 15mins into the last episode. Its fine watchable tv, but i agree with others, nother episode or 2 and finish it off rather than another season.
    My fast forward is whenever arturito is on. I wish someone would just shoot him in thw head and be done with him - so annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Denvers a cuck
    Rio has the emotional maturity of an 8 year old
    Tokyo abandoned him on the paradise Island to slut around and party
    The Professor finds new gang members out of nowhere and loyal ones too ...wtf.. like sleeper cells.
    If he can get a military grade helicopter to land then he could extract the whole gang with a stealth bomber in Season 5
    Arturito is pathetic yet he's being denied the right to see his toddler son by both Denver and Stockholm.
    The shows full of anti heroes and crazy ideas which could work - if you had billions already to set up the helicopters and sleeper cells etc well before the heist - in which case Gandia type military contractors might have been more suitable.
    Berlin's lines before he snuffed it were hilarious.

Don't take it too seriously. Watch it like you're reading a comic book. I love the show by the way. If I want reality ill go find a documentary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dont take it too seriuosly- good advice, its easy to find fault with things, sometimes just watch and enjoy. Not many shows stay at a high level through several seasons. Even the best ones have faults, it's an easy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Watching this at the moment, but there seems to be subs missing so I've had to watch the English dubbed version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just finished season 4, it's easy watching and with any heist show there is a lot of suspension of belief but I thought some of the shooting was just horrible, raining bullets down on the security guard in the open and not one hits him :D but overall it's still good, a lot better than some other shows with massive budgets

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Trying to watch this tonight on netflix but for some reason I'm unable to play any episodes? It's only giving me the option of adding to my list? Never saw this happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

turn off and on again it's working for me here

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 5th and final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Finished season two and swore I wasn't watching one more episode of this ****e.

Prrdictably, on to season three now. Utter rubbish but watchable.

• Advertisement

the thing about it is that it knows it's ridiculous, and embraces that

nothing about it takes itself too seriously

you can tell the actors had a brilliant time making it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭De Bhál

the thing about it is that it knows it's ridiculous, and embraces that

nothing about it takes itself too seriously

you can tell the actors had a brilliant time making it

Yeah, it's a bit of fun and easy on the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Kirby Puckett

I started watching this during the current lockdown and these are my thoughts. Spoilers encroach into Breaking Bad too.
    I enjoyed season 1. It felt a bit like a stretched out Ocean's Eleven, but the cat and mouse game between the professor and the police was entertaining. However, things went off the rails in the second season. I know you have to suspend your disbelief with shows like this, but the scene with Tokyo coming back on the motorcycle and evading all of the country's top snipers was on another level of absurdity. I also feel they handled the professor/Raquel revelation poorly. Can you imagine if Hank from Breaking Bad had joined Walter after finding out he was Heisenberg? I know they emphasised Raquel's domestic problems plus the accusations of being in on it all along, but come on. She uprooted and made her family fugitives for a guy who, regardless of what the polygraph says, played her like a fiddle. It sort of ruined the character. That actress is great, though.
    In terms of the storyline, things got worse in the third season. It was almost like the writers were giving up on new concepts and just decided to go back to what they knew best - an attack. Did we really need Arturito to return? The disbelief needed a new level of suspension when Gandia somehow landed a noose around Helsinki's neck and managed to lift a 300 pound man off the ground with a piece of rope. I'll still watch the final season as I doubt we'll be out of lockdown by then.

Part 5 will be split in 2 parts September 1st and December 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

De Bhál wrote: »
    Finished season two and swore I wasn't watching one more episode of this ****e.

Predictably, on to season three now. Utter rubbish but watchable.
    Stopped after 4 episodes, I think, of season 1 when I realised there were 40 odd episodes to go!

I didn't know there was a 5th season!

The final season volume 1 drops the 3rd of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I hate seasons of shows splitting in two

• Advertisement

Ok I didn’t expect that ending to part 1 of the final season.

5 episodes down now another 3 months till the final 5 episodes.

Advertisement