Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bosch dishwasher problems

• 09-04-2020 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just posting here on the off chance we have someone familiar with Bosch appliances.

I have a Bosch Logixx dishwasher that was working perfectly up until the other day. When emptying after a wash, I noticed the water hadn't drained from it. I pulled the filters and cleaned them out but they weren't that bad to be honest.

I checked the pump for blockages and cant find anything in there obstructing it. When I try to turn it on, the Check water and Rinse aid lights are flashing but the unit wont do anything else. There is no error codes on the display on the top of the door but the display on the outside of the door doesn't show anything.

Currently the machine does nothing, wont empty or take in water.

What I have tried so far:

Checked the water supply. Water getting to the Aquastop valve.

Unhooked it from the water supply and checked the little red filter to check for blockages.

Removed the side of the dishwasher and disconnected the waste pipe to check for blockages, all clear.

Checked the discharge pump for anything blocking it and nothing there.

Checked the bottom of the unit for water tripping the aquastop sensor, again cant see anything. Cant figure out how to get to this sensor so used a borescope to check.

Tried to reset the error by holding down the Power/ start button.

Is there a way of checking the Aquastop valve, I presume its a 220v valve?
    Is there a service menu that can be accessed on the unit that might override the errors to help diagnose the problem?

I predict it will need a visit of a service agent and if so I don't really mind as it was an expensive unit and one of the best ones I've owned so far.. Would love to fix it myself especially as I wont get anyone to look at it until after the virus lockdown.

BTW, I'm very capable of working on the machine but no experience with this aquastop system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Pull it out on the floor and tilt it forward until the door nearly touches the floor, then stand it upright again and check to see if it has rectified itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Pull it out on the floor and tilt it forward until the door nearly touches the floor, then stand it upright again and check to see if it has rectified itself.

Cheers. Will try that in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Tried tilting it and got a small bit of water from it which is making me rethink the water in the sump theory even though I can’t see any on the borescope.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brillig

Hi, I too have a Bosch Logixx Dishwasher which had given me no probs and is incredibly silent - which is why I selected it. The model is SMS22L69GB.

I have a prob with Water supply E14 comes up on the panel and all I can get is a few min running and dishes are sprayed with cold water. This is probably the Prerinse. This happens no matter what programme I select.

I too have checked the Filter on inlet water at the supply side under sink (red filter). All clear.

I would like to take off side panel / top panel to inspect in more detail.
    But, stupidly, I can not see how to remove panels. There is one T15 screw on the bottom section of the front edge of the side panels. I also can clip the panel free on the bottom corner on the back facing section of the same panel. (other models i see online Youtube of Bosch machine have 2 of the T15 screw on the front edge but not mine). Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Brillig wrote: »
    Hi, I too have a Bosch Logixx Dishwasher which had given me no probs and is incredibly silent - which is why I selected it. The model is SMS22L69GB.

I have a prob with Water supply E14 comes up on the panel and all I can get is a few min running and dishes are sprayed with cold water. This is probably the Prerinse. This happens no matter what programme I select.

I too have checked the Filter on inlet water at the supply side under sink (red filter). All clear.

I would like to take off side panel / top panel to inspect in more detail.
    But, stupidly, I can not see how to remove panels. There is one T15 screw on the bottom section of the front edge of the side panels. I also can clip the panel free on the bottom corner on the back facing section of the same panel. (other models i see online Youtube of Bosch machine have 2 of the T15 screw on the front edge but not mine). Any ideas ?

Like the other person you don’t need to remove the side panels, when this happens it is because the dishwasher has leaked and a sensor has detected the leak preventing it from filling again and maybe leaking onto the floor. There is water from the leak trapped under the sensor which needs removing by tilting the machine forward as much as possible and try starting again. If it continues to bring up the leak error it has a bigger problem that I don’t think a DIY er will sort, ps if you need to see the insides of it start by removing the worktop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Frankie19

Yep this happens to our Bosch every now and then. Take it out and tilt it to the side and a little water usually comes out. Sensors must be very sensitive in them.

Also just to add if its still in warranty don't remove any panels e.t.c as it will more than likely void it .

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Also have some problem with a bosch dishwasher. It beeps after a number of minutes into the cycle. Cure is just open the door slightly and re close and it works away until it's near finished and beeps again,so open the door again and re close and it will finish the cycle job complete.

A symbol of a red tap is illuminated when it beeps. Google says it's not getting enough water and to check all filters. I've done this check and all appears fine.it's integrated if this makes any difference to the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brillig

Thanks Red Ace. Big question.....how do I get top off. I have looked all around. No screws visible on any edge or surface, no slots for screwdriver to press back plastic lug allowing movement (as I saw on one Youtube).
    Presumably I will kick myself if I find out.

Advertisement