Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is cex Ireland closing temporarily?

• 23-03-2020 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi there I just read cex uk is closing from today for two weeks due to the Corona virus,does anyone know if cex Ireland is closing also?thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I would think so , but you could always ring them in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The cost of closing could cost them a few million, but they would value the cost of it at eight bajillion.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My daughter works for them and she hasn't heard about any closure here.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

I really do not understand how cex makes money. Their used merch is very over priced generally. Too much that I wouldn’t pay the small few extra to get something new.

They still give good prices on games trades so they are good by me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They make their money by getting people in with higher credit trade in value, which makes them have to spend it there.

But I believe they have closed but are continuing online for buy/sell/trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone know if you can use Irish CEX vouchers in Euro on the CEX UK website? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can use Irish CEX vouchers in Euro on the CEX UK website? Thanks.

Used to be possible, not sure nowadays

Advertisement