Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy/import ??

• 10-04-2020 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Looking at buying a .22 and a 300 win mag anyone reccomend a good shop to buy from or even a website?? Dont mind buying a good second hand .22 for the right money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RugerNuger

Looking at buying a .22 and a 300 win mag any one have good reccomendations on a shop or website to buy from ? Dont mind buying a good used .22 if the money is right

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swift220

You could give Paul Halloran a call he is based in Drangan Co. Tipperary. His number is 052 9152112

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭madmac187

RugerNuger wrote: »
    Looking at buying a .22 and a 300 win mag any one have good reccomendations on a shop or website to buy from ? Dont mind buying a good used .22 if the money is right

John Lambert Camolin Wexford 086 261 6907 only man I would deal with.

swift220 wrote: »
    You could give Paul Halloran a call he is based in Drangan Co. Tipperary. His number is 052 9152112

They a gun store ?? Cheers

madmac187 wrote: »
    John Lambert Camolin Wexford 086 261 6907 only man I would deal with.

Awesome has he a big selection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

They a gun store ?? Cheers

Yeah, gunshop.

Great guy, very knowledgeable and straight talking.

Good selection of new and second hand, but may not have a Winmag

He runs a grocery shop as well, so he may be open at the moment.

Give him a ring, he wont put you wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭clivej

swift220 wrote: »
    Vizzy wrote: »
    Yeah, gunshop.

Paul is very nice guy and good to deal with. I have bought a couple of firearms from him and even got him to import a custom 10/22 for me.
    Great selection of new and second hand firearms in stock as well as ammo.
    You could pick up a nice CZ .22lr there as well as other makes. :):)

clivej wrote: »
    Paul is very nice guy and good to deal with. I have bought a couple of firearms from him and even got him to import a custom 10/22 for me.
    Great selection of new and second hand firearms in stock as well as ammo.
    You could pick up a nice CZ .22lr there as well as other makes. :):)

I'll give him a buzz monday or tuesday

Forgot to ask how many rounds can u buy at a time here ?? Cause in new theres no limit and I was buying my .223 rounds in cases of 500 😅 be handy to stock up on some .22

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Vizzy wrote: »
    Yeah, gunshop.

He should be open as he has a post office as well. An absolute gentleman to deal with.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Forgot to ask how many rounds can u buy at a time here ?? Cause in new theres no limit and I was buying my .223 rounds in cases of 500 😅 be handy to stock up on some .22

Depends on what's on your licence.

RS98 wrote: »
    Depends on what's on your licence.

Who determines that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Farmer/Farming (one shotgun for vermin/pest control) - Up to 200 rounds.
    • Deer Stalker rifle - Up to 500 rounds.
    • Shotgun for clay pigeon, pheasant/pigeon/woodcock - Up to 750 rounds.
    • Target Shooter (member of authorised club) - Up to 1,000 rounds.

Taken from the Commissioners guidelines

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Farmer/Farming (one shotgun for vermin/pest control) - Up to 200 rounds.
    • Deer Stalker rifle - Up to 500 rounds.
    • Shotgun for clay pigeon, pheasant/pigeon/woodcock - Up to 750 rounds.
    • Target Shooter (member of authorised club) - Up to 1,000 rounds.

Taken from the Commissioners guidelines

Is that at a time or over the course of a year ?? Cause I was shooting around 20 thousand rounds a year not all the same caliber obviously

That's to have in your possession at any one time, so if you are a member of a range you could request 1000 .22 rounds on your application, the Super may grant you that amount or lower it. So if you get granted 1000 rounds you can buy up to 1000 at first, say you shoot 500 you can them buy 500 more , this would work the same for any firearm you own, you can have in your possession what it granted by the Gardaí for that firearm.

That's to have in your possession at any one time, so if you are a member of a range you could request 1000 .22 rounds on your application, the Super may grant you that amount or lower it. So if you get granted 1000 rounds you can buy up to 1000 at any one time. say you shoot 500 you can them buy 500 more , this would work the same for any firearm you own, you can have in your possession what it granted by the Gardaí for that firearm.

Ah I see that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

That's to have in your possession at any one time, so if you are a member of a range you could request 1000 .22 rounds on your application, the Super may grant you that amount or lower it. So if you get granted 1000 rounds you can buy up to 1000 at first, say you shoot 500 you can them buy 500 more , this would work the same for any firearm you own, you can have in your possession what it granted by the Gardaí for that firearm.

Also keep in mind that every gun and it’s ammunition limit are an individual licence. For argument sake if you had two 12g shotguns licensed, one with a limit of 1000 rounds and one with a limit of 750 rounds you can have a total of 1750 12g shotgun cartridges in your possession at any given time.

Advertisement