Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Druids Golf Clothing

Options
  • 09-04-2020 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the deals on Druids Golf?

https://www.druidsgolf.com/apps/bundles/bundle/26808

They seem like great deals. Anyone buy their stuff before? Is it good quality and what are the size's like?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on some of it but don't know can I be arsed with the returns if sizes are off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

etxp wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the deals on Druids Golf?

https://www.druidsgolf.com/apps/bundles/bundle/26808

They seem like great deals. Anyone buy their stuff before? Is it good quality and what are the size's like?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on some of it but don't know can I be arsed with the returns if sizes are off.

I would personally never buy from them again, it was horrible quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Big dog daly

Ollieboy wrote: »
    I would personally never buy from them again, it was horrible quality.

I have stuff from them and find it to be top class quality, especially there jackets and 3/4 zip tops

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Yeah I have some polo shirts from them and find them quite good. No complaints here and with some of the deals they're doing are good value.

I found the sizes to be accurate also. i.e. I'm usually a large and still was in their stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Our club switched to Druids from Proquip for their branded gear a couple of years ago (because; as the Pro put it "Proquip are in the UK" :)). I have a fair selection of the gear (tops and polos mostly) and can't fault it. No complaints from any of the other members either and I see quite a lot of it on the inter-club circuit being used by other clubs as well. I have Proquip gear losing stitching, but no issues with the Druids stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

For the price range for comparable clothing in that range I find it is very decent. The polo shirts and tops are nice and I have had no issues. Don't have any of the trousers but from what I have I couldn't fault them at the prices.

Obviously not fair to compare to more expensive clothing imo. But I would buy again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Our club switched to Druids from Proquip for their branded gear a couple of years ago (because; as the Pro put it "Proquip are in the UK" :))

Next time he's sitting down you can tell him that Druids are a UK company as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

PARlance wrote: »
    Next time he's sitting down you can tell him that Druids are a UK company as well.
    I see they're based in Edinburgh, but there's Druids Golf Ireland which seems to be what they're pushing as their base now. Their site metadata says 100% Irish. Perhaps they've moved because of Brexit?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I see they're based in Edinburgh, but there's Druids Golf Ireland which seems to be what they're pushing as their base now. Their site metadata says 100% Irish. Perhaps they've moved because of Brexit?

Think it's the other way around, their Irish Companies are registered for years but they just incorporated the UK business in November of last year so probably expanding into that market.

A bit odd to be still plugging the 100% Irish thing yet having the HQ as Edinburgh on the site.

Their stuff looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

I received a order today . A few polos ,3/4 zip,bodywarmer.great quality ,good fitting,and yes they where shipped from Scotland . No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mk7775

What's their slimmer fit polos like?

I like a fitted polo but I find a lot of the golf stuff is overly long and baggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Sorry to resurrect this. I’ve just received the ambassador pack and it seems very good (apart from the red quarter zip being more pink than red).

Has anyone any experience of their rain gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Soundshkin

Sorry to resurrect this. I’ve just received the ambassador pack and it seems very good (apart from the red quarter zip being more pink than red).

Ya I got their rain gear last year, well priced and fits easy and light on. Couldn't get over how good it was for the price to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Can anyone confirm if their shoes are waterproof

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

Can anyone confirm if their shoes are waterproof

No. Was wearing a pair yesterday and got soaked

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

+1 on the rain gear, purchased during first lockdown for €89 I think and it's tremendous value for money considering the cost of some of the more established brands. I've purchased a lot of their stuff over the last 18 months and for me I couldn't really fault it.

Advertisement