Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

What's the chances of getting SP DLC?
    Paint Your Wagon DLC would be have been super. Coatin' wood with oil based paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just started on PC and after very little messing around with the graphic settings have it running lovely. My PC is only middle of the road at this stage but seems to be ableto handle this. Have not had any issues so far but really only just into the first area. First impressions are that this going to be brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Been very tempted to try this again. Saw a video on YouTube recently with a guy playing a bad guy/serial killer and it looked like a different game (actually fun). No worrying about bumping into people, robbing everyone he came across and instead of helping people out in the wilds, he'd just kill them and take their money.

Between that and the online roles likes moonshiner, looks like it could be worth another go if i can get it cheap.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Been very tempted to try this again. Saw a video on YouTube recently with a guy playing a bad guy/serial killer and it looked like a different game (actually fun). No worrying about bumping into people, robbing everyone he came across and instead of helping people out in the wilds, he'd just kill them and take their money.

Between that and the online roles likes moonshiner, looks like it could be worth another go if i can get it cheap.

Keep a lookout on the PS Store. Ultimate Edition is €34.99 at the moment.

I'm hoping to play it again soon as I miss going out on the wagons so I do.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Keep a lookout on the PS Store. Ultimate Edition is €34.99 at the moment.

I'm hoping to play it again soon as I miss going out on the wagons so I do.

I wouldn't normally dream of buying the ultimate edition as that original price is crazy but i have a 30 voucher i could use to get psn credit so it's very tempting. Also been reading up on the Roles and they sound like a lot of fun. Actually single player stuff to do in an online world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why did you give up on it in the first place zero? Gameplay Too slow ?

Why did you give up on it in the first place zero? Gameplay Too slow ?

Cleared it and sold it for almost the price i paid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've put quite a it of time into online. I think I'm around lvl 60. I love it for what it is, which is a cowboy simulator.
    There is no real point to the game play other than to lvl up to get different types of holsters, spurs, horses, clothes etc.
    There are no missions that you are locked out of for being too low lvl.

I find it very relaxing to spend a few hours in it doing cowboyie stuff. Hunting chasing down bounties making moonshine and treasure hunting.

Its not for everyone and id be wary to recommend it to anyone and equally wary to part with more cash for it.

However if you do I have a persistent posse set up which you're welcome to join.

Yeehaw!!

Awesome thanks man, i have some deciding to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just to point out, if anyone is interested in online. The mico transaction currency is gold and it's very easy to earn with the daily challenges and you get some more with certain games/mission completions.

Gold is used to buy the season pass, over which you get all the gold back. I got to lvl 100 for free easily enough in a little over a week of casual playing, and bought the pass after hitting 100 then instantly got the gold back. The pass is mostly cosmetic stuff, and a lot of discounts for in game stuff.

Gold is also used for the new profession roles, with the starting gold and different offers you can get 2 out of the 4 straight away. Also weekly offers so maybe you could get 3 of them straight away. The roles also add new daily challenges and half of which are very easy to do ( dance for 2 minutes), there's also streak bonues so that ups them to 2.5x the norm. I've not spent any money and just from the dailies I've got enough for next season and the one after that.

Just to add the game isn't remotely like GTA online as all the new stuff is easily accessible you don't need to grind $ for ages with the gold earned doing mostly everything. The way the map/radar/defensive mode work there isn't much reason/oppertunity for other plays to grief each other, with the exception of the dedicated mission types that promote it. The worst that happens usually is neither you nor they noticed the other as you don't see people on the radar unless they're very close and so you both head firsted into each other on horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

I wouldn't normally dream of buying the ultimate edition as that original price is crazy but i have a 30 voucher i could use to get psn credit so it's very tempting. Also been reading up on the Roles and they sound like a lot of fun. Actually single player stuff to do in an online world.

I bought the ultimate edition during steam sale, mainly because it was only a few quid more than the standard. I assumed that ultimate edition involved more dlc content. Nope, it is actually pay to win, it means you get more money, the best horse and stronger guns from the beginning. Which is completely unnecessary tbh. I am too far into the game to want to restart it now, but if i had read the details more carefully I would have started in standard rather than ultimate version. And i am not very far into it really, I am in St. Denis atm. do kind of like my horse and would be sorry to give it up.

Having fun though, it is a nice game. The hunting and fishing are actually quite relaxing and the game looks great.

Can you have multiple roles active at the same time like can i hunt animals as a trader and then go catch a bounty followed by treasure hunting? Can you swap roles on the fly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've had this on PC for a few months, tried it again yesterday and immediately ran into the issue that has stopped me previously - the control system. Similar to GTA the dip****s have to have 3-4 keys for single functions with slightly different contexts - getting on or off a horse, 1 key, taking or grabbing something a different key, interacting with NPCs...It's all the same basic thing, interact, single-key context sensitive like every other remotely sane dev who understands more than just console controllers gets. Turned it off again halfway through trying to map something useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can you have multiple roles active at the same time like can i hunt animals as a trader and then go catch a bounty followed by treasure hunting? Can you swap roles on the fly?

Treasure hunting can be done at all times even in story missions or while doing other roles. If you wanted to focus on it there's daily interactive maps to see where what is where. You can sell individual pieces but they're worth a whole lot more as a full collection and each day you can see what's where on these maps. It's a really fast way to lvl up too.

Moonshining is set up missions, then waiting, and then selling goods. You also shoot a lot of revenue agents all over the place even when not doing it there's checkpoints around.

Hunting can be done while doing any of the others but the only issue is it's the carcass you want more than skins so you've to get them back to your camp. If you get the hunting wagon you can call that load it up and dismiss it and the carcasses are save in it. All those times you get ambushed by a pack of wolves is free money then. Shoot them all, call and load wagon, and dismiss until you're near camp again.

Bounty hunting is more quick missions or huge quests, so it's a bit separate but you can do the other while doing it you just won't be capturing any bounties randomly while doing a story mission for example. Doing bounties is a good way to break up waiting times for the others, while you're waiting for moonshine to finish or skins to be prepared, or in between prep mission for both.

There's weekly discounts on roles, and I think PS4/plus get's one free.

There's not much to Treasure hunting, but if you've got it you randomly pick up stuff off enemies and randomly find stuff so just having it early helps.

I'd get trader (hunting) before I'd get bounty hunter, and moonshiner is the most recent and also most expensive so that'd probably be last to get. Roles also get you the best horses, equipment, and clothing.

Still absolutely loving RDR Online. Been on every day to do the dailies and Role missions, went from rank 8 to 33 just having an absolute great time with it. Did not see myself playing this so much and raging I hadn't been playing it sooner. The Outlaw Passes I missed seemed a great addition. Rumour the next one/big update is coming the next few weeks so looking forward to that.

Anyway, saw this video explaining the Missing Gavin bit from the main story. I l always thought the guy was actually Gavin but something happened him and he forgot. I was close but the vid below is a lot sadder. No 100% confirmation but enough evidence to believe it, especially the letter you can loot from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Gotta love Rockstar for details like this. I didn't know anything about this, but it still pretty intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ive just recently started playing video games again due the virus.

I completed GTA 5 a few weeks & now finished all chapters of this.

RED Dead 2 is better than GTA imo.. Incredbile game. I juts play the story modes so Im unsure about online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

The story in GTA isn't great as far as I can remember, but it's never really about the story with GTA games, it's all the random stuff you can do

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Returned to gaming recently due to the lock down having not had a console since the older generation. Played RDR back in the day and loved it so this was always going to be one of the first games I went for. Now, it’s the first game I’ve played on a PS4 in general but I must say it is an incredible game so far and I’m only about 5 hours in. The attention to detail is something else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Im trying to get into this but finding it difficult, there doesnt seem to be much direction at the start. Im not a novice at these opening world games having played through Witcher 3 and ACO among others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I only got out a couple of months ago and really making progress now... the one or two times a week I’m allowed 🀣🀣

Stick with it, the story, the gameplay, it’s all amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Same story have it since it released on PC but found the opening part boring, started again recently with it and on chapter 3 now.

There is not a lot to do and a long way to do it :(

I dont mind games that dont explain things but there is a few obvious ones in this, on chapter 3 I found out you can use Q (PC) to snap into cover, yah know something like that would have been an important popup at the start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Just got a PS4 pro so went back to this. My god it's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Finished it a week or two ago - excellent game and beautiful to look at. I know I left loads of side quests behind but getting total 100% in games never interests me - more so the experience of the story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Out on Game Pass today!
    Console only :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Out on Game Pass today!
    Console only :)
    Can't wait to see what it will look like on the One X :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see what it will look like on the One X :)

It's beautiful looking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I found the game clunky and painfully slow and tedious.

Loved the first game and is one of my favourites, but quit RDR2 halfway through.

Hoping it gets a patch for next gen so I can pick it up again.

2020 looking game and 2010 in terms of controls and mechanics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enfilade wrote: »
    2020 looking game and 2010 in terms of controls and mechanics.

Thats by design tho, thats how they want the game played. Disagree with the 2010 controls.... controls work just painfully slowly.

Advertisement