Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurants doing delivery or collection

• 20-03-2020 11:48am

Dont know if this needs its own thread, but I was hoping people might be able to help.

With Mother's Day this weekend, and also, wanting to support as many local businesses as possible, I was wondering if people could list restaurants that they know, which are offering delivery/collection, while closed to sit down customers.

I'd love to order my parents dinner from some local restaurant this weekend as part of Mother's Day.

I did see a tweet, where the 12 in Barna said that they are doing "drive thru"
    I believe what they are offering, is the ability to ring up, and put in an order, and then drive to the hotel to collect.

Does anyone know if there is a list of other places, or can they add to the list here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A list here would probably change rapidly as restaurants close down for the virus.

You can probably check on just-eat and similar sites as these are updated directly from the restaurants themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭buzz11

I've come across the following;
    • Galway Bay Seafood offering delivery service
    • Capones offering delivery service
    • Collerans Butchers offering delivery -- ad in yesterdays Advertiser

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I've come across the following;
    •Galway Bay Seafood offering delivery service
    •Capones offering delivery service
    •Collerans Butchers offering delivery
    • Boomjum

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Are there any off licences that are doing deliveries?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

ted2767 wrote: »

What's for dinner? were advertising on facebook that they deliver offy and essentials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,659 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tesco.

Dunnes Stores have always delivered orders - but you have to purchase in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Story with Papa Rich?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Are some people unaware of Just eat and deliveroo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Story with Papa Rich?

They shut from the 14th

https://www.facebook.com/paparichsalthill/posts/2973575546034796

Interesting about McD's closing and not doing just drive-thru/takeaway. I suppose most kitchens are pretty confined spaces and McD has deep enough pockets maybe they're paying staff to stay home?

Not sure how I feel about ordering a takeaway. It may be less of a risk than going to the grocery store but being I'm going to the grocery store once a week already it's more of a risk than a frozen pizza.

What do you guys think? I'm sure after a month I'll be dying for something different. I'm no hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm still getting Clean Cut meals regularly. They've emailed to reassure that they are taking all precautions in meal preparation.
    Overall they're nice meals, a bit pricey (€80 for 10 meals including delivery) but it's one less thing to worry about for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Giovannis?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

The 12 in Barna

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Isobar

Woodberrys, if you want wine.

Just wanted to make a correction. Someone asked what's up with Papa Rich and I said closed, but now I think only the Salthill one closed probably as they didn't do takeaway.

Just looked at JustEat and the usual 3 Papa Rich options are still there.

Also of interest Boojum have moved on JustEat. Deliveroo looks abandoned these days.

Are some people unaware of Just eat and deliveroo?

There are a number of restaurants, that are offering collection and delivery, that normally wouldn't do delivery, such as the 12 in Barna.

I started this thread, hoping to help these types of restaurants, who are trying to do some business during these times.
    Not all of these places are listed on justeat

Just wanted to make a correction. Someone asked what's up with Papa Rich and I said closed, but now I think only the Salthill one closed probably as they didn't do takeaway.

Just looked at JustEat and the usual 3 Papa Rich options are still there.

Also of interest Boojum have moved on JustEat. Deliveroo looks abandoned these days.

With regards to Papa Rich, I got delivery from them last week.
    I wanted to order from their Briarhill restaurant, but their Facebook page had an announcement, saying that they were closed, but that deliveries would be honoured by their Headford Road (?) store.
    I rang the number listed on the announcement, and they confirmed, that I could order off of Just Eat (or over the phone) for Briarhill, but it would delivered from the other store.

This was last week, so not sure if this is still the situation. Hopefully it is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

bazwraf wrote: »
    There are a number of restaurants, that are offering collection and delivery, that normally wouldn't do delivery, such as the 12 in Barna.

I started this thread, hoping to help these types of restaurants, who are trying to do some business during these times.
    Not all of these places are listed on justeat
    I was replying to the post above mine regarding Papa Rich, a quick look on JustEat would have solved their very basic query.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Out for a cycle yesterday, Vinnies is open & so is Giovannis, not sure if Vinnies is doing home delivery but Giovannis is.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

moonstruck wrote: »
    The 12 in Barna

I just rang Pizza Dozzina in 12, and was told they aren't doing deliveries? Only collections.

I've seen on FB that M pizza (the italians in Joyce's) are doing delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Jalan Jalan are reopening today for take away and delivery.

ChewyLouie, I moved your post in here from the general covid thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Basilico in Oranmore is starting a drive through takeaway service from Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

According to their facebook page, Jack Jordan's in Doughiska is open for delivery/takeout now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Handsome Burger are doing deliveries... but you have to cook it yourself.

They give you all the bits, doesn't feel the same though without their chips.

https://handsomeburger.com/product/handsome-at-home-box/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Spiced in Bearna is going strong.

Really delicious stuff. I'm going to have to widen the doors of the house if I keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

A handsome price too, 5 euro for an uncooked burger is a bit much!
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Handsome Burger are doing deliveries... but you have to cook it yourself.

They give you all the bits, doesn't feel the same though without their chips.

https://handsomeburger.com/product/handsome-at-home-box/

A handsome price too, 5 euro for an uncooked burger is a bit much!

It includes the buns and toppings too in fairness.

I wouldn't be unusual to pay 3 euro per burger for quality burgers from a butcher so considering its a speciality product and includes all the bits its not a bad price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Jalan Jalan open again now for delivery.

Giovannis open and doing delivery, and I saw people in the shop waiting (distancing) when passing the other day. Vinnies open too. Both on Dominic St.

• Advertisement

inisboffin, I moved your post into this thread better suited for it.

Advertisement