Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Pecks123 wrote: »
    Help!!

Anybody able to help, received my IST on the 10th and have gone back earlier this evening and to now I have been unable to find the email, have gone through everything junk, other, focused and rubbish to no avail.

Did you check the deleted folder? Did you click on the link in the email before, as you would be able to check your history for it? If not I would send them an email to see if they can resend it to you, you won't hear back till Monday though and IST expires at midday Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Pecks123 wrote: »
    Help!!

Anybody able to help, received my IST on the 10th and have gone back earlier this evening and to now I have been unable to find the email, have gone through everything junk, other, focused and rubbish to no avail.

Hi Pecks,

Are you tryimg to find the email on a mobile device or email client?

If so have you tried to access your emails via your email providers "webmail" service?

What email provider are you using as most keep a back up for at least 7 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pecks123

Yip I have gone through everything going to give them an email today if they could resend it, hopefully they'll receive first thing Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 l1nya7x5pic3hb

That happened to me earlier today so I emailed them and they've just re sent me my original link. Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

thats my IST done and dusted 2 red bulls later, good luck guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

I found the situational judgment harder than previous years there was possibly two correct answers in regards to the most effective answer. Did anyone else find this the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 l1nya7x5pic3hb

Gda88 wrote: »
    I found the situational judgment harder than previous years there was possibly two correct answers in regards to the most effective answer. Did anyone else find this the case?

I definitely felt there wasn't a clear distinction between the answers for "most effective" I thought there were at least two possibilities for most questions on the SJT :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Gda88 wrote: »

Yea I found that as well very hard to know what exactly was the right one, going by the lastest lock down it looks like the assessment centre won't be happening any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Treddy

penutzimes wrote: »
    Yea I found that as well very hard to know what exactly was the right one, going by the lastest lock down it looks like the assessment centre won't be happening any time soon

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought it was tough. Well if that's the case and it is actually tough and we're not just daft then the average should be lower, and the way the scoring works is they go off how you compare to everyone else who took it, so hopefully should be all good!

But then we have the Covid 19 lockdown. On one hand I'm hoping that police need to carry on recruiting, especially now, and on the other hand I'm also worried it will delay this selection significantly. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

First time poster... I wanted to share I also found the STJ tough and I'm really unsure how I will score overall. For info I have passed the IST in a previous campaign and also had help from 'no tomato' this time round and although I felt confident with scoring in preparation with practice papers the STJ was much tougher than I anticipated. To be honest the STJ threw me a little as there seemed to be 2 possible correct answers on many questions or maybe to phrase it better no clear stand out answer to ascertain quickly for most and least effective under the time constraint. I also found it difficult from practising on paper to answering on computer screen under pressure. Fingers crossed and good luck to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Hopefully fingers crossed! I believe the pass mark in the last campaign was 77% so scoring 34/44 was getting you in to the next stage. I managed to miss the pass mark by one and that was with no help from tomato or seeing previous questions which I was disappointed in but I literally have no idea how I got on in the SJT this time, as you say there was no clear cut right answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

I found the sjt a bit more difficult this year than last time round. I passed last years IST by one mark. Currently sitting on the merit list for that campaign. Though not sure what will happen with this whole virus thing. Had my medical cancelled yesterday morning as I was driving to it. Hoping I'm not waiting too long for a new date.

My last question on the verbal reasoning I know for a fact I got wrong and it's doing my head in. I hit the wrong button in a panic lol. The last time I done that (2017 campaign) I failed the IST by 1 mark and can still remember the question that done me out. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time again. Good luck to everyone!

If I can offer one piece of advice. The results aren't due until mid April? Try and occupy your mind with other things. It will drive you insane sitting about and dwelling on the IST and how you think you've done. If you don't get the required marks. Keep applying until you get through!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭NeeNaw21

I doubt Deloitte will run ACs within their original planned dates but the money has already been spent per se so i wouldn't worry about recruitment being binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BAL2020

Hey guys, just stumbled across this website by chance. Completed the IST a few weeks ago, it was tough to tell how it went, definitely found the SJT tough. Now just for the anxious wait. Anyone think recruitment will be delayed due to Coronavirus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TDawg1990

Good afternoon, does anyone know how long the process takes? E.g. will there be an intake before Christmas. Waiting on IST results.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Peeler97

TDawg1990 wrote: »
    Good afternoon, does anyone know how long the process takes? E.g. will there be an intake before Christmas. Waiting on IST results.

There are a number of different factors that will dictate how long the process takes. The main one being how well you do in the assessment centre. I got a decent score at the AC and had no set backs in the process and it took me 13 months from first applying to finally get my offer. With this virus going about I can see a delay in the new campaign. So I’d guess the chances of a December intake for your campaign would be slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TDawg1990

Peeler97 wrote: »
    There are a number of different factors that will dictate how long the process takes. The main one being how well you do in the assessment centre. I got a decent score at the AC and had no set backs in the process and it took me 13 months from first applying to finally get my offer. With this virus going about I can see a delay in the new campaign. So I’d guess the chances of a December intake for your campaign would be slim.

Thank you. Have you started in GV? Have you any tips? PM me if you want. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Just got my IST results. Just hit the mark this time thankfully lol. Pass mark is 32. Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

I passed as well. I had convinced myself I had failed so I may get back to training and diet. All the best to everyone receiving results this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 StrangerIn

Got the result too. First timer. Passed :) Anyone knows if ESOL Listening, Reading, Writing English expert C1 level acceptable, or should I also have the "spoken" exam done as well! Hard to get any specific info from Deloitte. Good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Pass here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BAL2020

Got my pass here too. Was set for a fail so well chuffed with my result. Good luck to everyone getting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Also passed. Was convinced I failed but delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

After trying 6 times at the IST I have finally passed. Woohoooo

Belfast86 wrote: »

Congratulations you will be delighted with that

I passed also now just the unknown waiting time for the assessment centre

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Belfast86 wrote: »

Well done. Say you are delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PCME

Passed by a mile after failing by 1 mark last year ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Haz1612

Hope everyone’s doing well, passed my ist this is my first time applying so quite shocked haha, hope everyone gets good news regarding their own results :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Well done everyone!

Advertisement