Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 blokes fell off Aldis in Glen

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Spocker wrote: »
    That wasn't my point - I quoted the post that asked about vetting "people from other European countries"; freedom of travel & residence is a right granted to all EU citizens: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/workers/index_en.htm

None of us anonymous people on the Internet can actually say if the folks involved had been laid off due to Covid-19 or not, right?

They definitely werent laid off because of this virus. They are in fact well known for hanging around the side of Aldi doing drink and drugs and they have been for quite some time. Should we deport them? Why not...they are wasting our tax payers money. Kick them out and anyone else like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

When I heard about them drinking cans and hanging around alleyways I pictured a pair of teenagers up to no good. To find out they were both in their 30s was shocking to me, did they ever hear the saying act your age, my God at that hour of your life to be so out it mid afternoon to be climbing up car parks is absolutely pathetic.

Pair of clowns deserve everything they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

I walked past them nearly every morning. Never saw them being disrespectful, heard any shouting or screaming, or noticed them saying anything to any passers by. The site of a crowd of grown men drinking early in the morning might be unsettling to some, but the reaction in this thread is crazy. They did something incredibly selfish and stupid and may not be living productive lives, but some of the replies here would indicate their deaths would be welcome news to some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I walked past them nearly every morning. Never saw them being disrespectful, heard any shouting or screaming, or noticed them saying anything to any passers by. The site of a crowd of grown men drinking early in the morning might be unsettling to some, but the reaction in this thread is crazy. They did something incredibly selfish and stupid and may not be living productive lives, but some of the replies here would indicate their deaths would be welcome news to some.

They put unneeded pressure on the health service through an act of stupidity and recklessness.

I dont give a toss if they were pleasant or not I work hard enough earning a wage and paying taxes...taxes which are used to fund their bloody lifestyles. Boot them out of this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

alta stare wrote: »
    I dont give a toss if they were pleasant or not I work hard enough earning a wage and paying taxes...taxes which are used to fund their bloody lifestyles. Boot them out of this country.

lets be honest the amount they take up is relatively small compared to our own indigenous waste of spaces... what should we do with them?

and I assume u are ok all other countries returning our departed ex pats who are taking their social welfare... ( i have no figures but I bet we have more out there in the wild than are here from other countries)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

Sieg Heil!

Sieg Heil!

Indeed.

robtri wrote: »
    lets be honest the amount they take up is relatively small compared to our own indigenous waste of spaces... what should we do with them?

and I assume u are ok all other countries returning our departed ex pats who are taking their social welfare... ( i have no figures but I bet we have more out there in the wild than are here from other countries)

Deport them too.

Of course i am.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I get your outraged......
    But....the HSE wastes far, far, far more money on drink related admissions to A&E every single Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night of the year from people born and bred in ireland then these guys will ever waste. (drastically lowered since the lock down i might add)

If you want to be outraged at had earned wages and taxes being wasted then this is what you should be most outraged by.

It also isn't street drinking that caues it, its people seriously unhealth outlook on drink in this country and people's obession with getting plastered to "have a good night out!".

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    But....the HSE wastes far, far, far more money on drink related admissions to A&E every single Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night of the year from people born and bred in ireland then these guys will ever waste. (drastically lowered since the lock down i might add)

If you want to be outraged at had earned wages and taxes being wasted then this is what you should be most outraged by.

It also isn't street drinking that caues it, its people seriously unhealth outlook on drink in this country and people's obession with getting plastered to "have a good night out!".

Im not outraged.

I know what drink does to people no matter where they hail from or who they are. I worked long enough in the nightclub industry. It isnt about them being foreign....it is about any drunk or druggie having our tax payers money spent on them.

Those lads who fell werent only on drink. I bet though peoples attitudes would be different if these fools were hanging around their house.

Look at the tool who is always off his face on gear down on the Quays. The cops called to him one day and had a chat then left him go about his business which at that time was him walking up and down the quay shouting and making funny noises. Looks terrible. A group of those users like hang around the big crane. Imagine them hanging around there whenever (if) the Norths Quays takes off. There is alot of people like him going around the town....there is a serious drug problem here and yes alot of them are Irish so this isnt just foreign nationals at it.

And before anyone jumps in to pontificate about it not just being an issue in Waterford i know that it isnt but this is the Waterford forum hence why it is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Cabaal wrote: »

That is highly unlikely to be true. The incredible levels of taxes on alcohol here almost certainly cover the costs of A and E admissions. That is verified in the UK and alcohol taxes here are even higher. Even if it was true, people of all nationalities drink. Bizarre to claim that only locals drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

That is highly unlikely to be true. The incredible levels of taxes on alcohol here almost certainly cover the costs of A and E admissions. That is verified in the UK and alcohol taxes here are even higher. Even if it was true, people of all nationalities drink. Bizarre to claim that only locals drink.

Of course all nationals drink but you'd be fairly naive to think irish don't have a problem with drink, why do you think we're only allowed to buy it until 10pm ^ó)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Should it therefore be Dunne Stores or Dunne’s Store

Actually, now that I think of it why is there no apostrophe on Dunnes Stores, surely it should be Dunne’s Stores?

Just to add to the mix - Dunnes' Stores - there's more than one Dunne and more than one store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The costs of alcohol go way beyond emergency admissions.

Alcoholism, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, cancer, hypertension - all hugely increased by drinking.

You're right to say that all nationalities drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

We give out about drinking. First thing done in the country when anyone visits be it presidents, royalty celebs etc is put them behind a bar pulling a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

debok wrote: »
    We give out about drinking. First thing done in the country when anyone visits be it presidents, royalty celebs etc is put them behind a bar pulling a pint.

Did they do that with the pope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Odelay wrote: »
    Probably the only one they didn't. Well done.
    He was brought to a children's home instead to indulge in another old Irish pastime

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Odelay wrote: »

Nah, instead we waste millions and stage an event in Dublin where basically feck all people show up and lots of food etc goes to waste.

Millions that would have been better spent on abuse victims

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭feet of flame

How is the bloke who fell BTW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

According to news and star article last week he’s in the High dependency unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

DLS_75 wrote: »
    According to news and star article last week he’s in the High dependency unit.

Some joke he's taking a bed there.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Some joke he's taking a bed there.

If he was Irish would you be saying that you racist nazi..................... :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If he was Irish would you be saying that you racist nazi..................... :P :D

Without a shadow of a doubt. His nationality means absolutely nothing, just his selfish idiocy.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Without a shadow of a doubt. His nationality means absolutely nothing, just his selfish idiocy.

Agreed. There is a kinda of reverse racism or Irish self loathing? that crops all the time that contends that non Irish are better behaved than Irish. It is really a kind of exoticism and just claptrap. As if people have any other countries are above it. Being selfish or criminal knows no colour.

Sorry i couldnt resist...:D

It is the usual accusation on this place if such a thing is mentioned about our foreign friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Sorry i couldnt resist...:D

It is the usual accusation on this place if such a thing is mentioned about our foreign friends.

Send them all back!!! Make Ireland great again:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement