Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 blokes fell off Aldis in Glen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can't see alcohol alone doing that, impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Who are they? Are they Waterford natives or where are they from?
    Like there were always winos around, the likes of How do, mary 7up and shammy, but sure they were mostly good humoured harmless lads that you could have a bit of banter and craic with. This latest breed of addicts are just useless scum.
    It's just a shame that the other one didn't fall off too and cave his head in on the road. 2 less toilets draining the welfare system.

Foreign nationals according to reports

If so how did they get into this country to just drink on the streets and whatever else they might be up too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's interesting to see how some view possible addiction and other psychological issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mouldybiscuits

Can't see alcohol alone doing that, impossible.

Is this a joke? Of course alcohol is capable of making people do stupid and dangerous things like this. In fact in most cases of stuff like this alcohol is the culprit. People have an assumption that because alcohol is legal it must be safer than illegal drugs but thats not true at all. Alcohol is one of the most lethal and most addictive drugs out there and the lowered inhibitions lead to a lot of incidents all around the country every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is this a joke? Of course alcohol is capable of making people do stupid and dangerous things like this. In fact in most cases of stuff like this alcohol is the culprit. People have an assumption that because alcohol is legal it must be safer than illegal drugs but thats not true at all. Alcohol is one of the most lethal and most addictive drugs out there.

Look at the movement and skill in the climb from both gentlemen, not possible with alcohol influencing the decision to climb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Any chance of a link to it?

EDIT: Here is the video of the two apes climbing the building but it stops short of the deceased plummeting to the ground.

play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Having said that, I'd say there will be big trouble over this for Aldi and moreso, the desigers of the building basis that it they were negligent in designing a building that had a mesh clad facade that made it readily possible for such dare devils to climb up along it like a climbing frame in a playground. it will be put to them that they did not ensure the choice of facade of building was safe because it was such that it allowed someone to climb up along it to a great height and that they didn't apply the principles of prevention by spotting the hazard and specifying something else, especially on the lower floors.

Do Treacys hotel own this building or Aldi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Look at the movement and skill in the climb from both gentlemen, not possible with alcohol influencing the decision to climb.

They drank a 2l bottle of vodka each,you'd be surprised what that can do to a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Christ. Those Russians have some threshold for alcohol. I couldn’t walk to the toilet after four shots, this fella scales a building with 2 litres. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

They drank a 2l bottle of vodka each,you'd be surprised what that can do to a person.

They had big bottles of vodka and plenty of cans. A public party of sorts...well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

awh jesus please don't pull the ''poor guy, imagine it was one of your family member''

scumbags drinking at 12 in the day and fighting and going out of their way to dare eachother to climb up aldi as fast as they can , should have gotten hurt alot worse than what they did.

idiots.

As if the emergency services aren't working hard enough without these fools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there any vetting system for people from other European countries coming here ??

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is there any vetting system for people from other European countries coming here ??

Really?

awh jesus please don't pull the ''poor guy, imagine it was one of your family member''

scumbags drinking at 12 in the day and fighting and going out of their way to dare eachother to climb up aldi as fast as they can , should have gotten hurt alot worse than what they did.

idiots.

As if the emergency services aren't working hard enough without these fools.

Best post on this issue by far. 100% agree with all of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

PTH2009 wrote: »

Yes.they need to have a high enough iq to buy a ticket.

Yes.they need to have a high enough iq to buy a ticket.

so the not so iq shouldnt be allowed travel here? are the reasons for this event related to iq and intelligence?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    so the not so iq shouldnt be allowed travel here? are the reasons for this event related to iq and intelligence?

To be fair i think it was a sarcastic comment. Well its how i read it anyway.

As for the event being related to IQ and intelligence....it pretty much is related given you would want to be some thick fool and have no cop on to do what they did.

alta stare wrote: »
    To be fair i think it was a sarcastic comment. Well its how i read it anyway.

As for the event being related to IQ and intelligence....it pretty much is related given you would want to be some thick fool and have no cop on to do what they did.

or psychologically unstable

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    or psychologically unstable

Absolutely. Obviously the drink and drugs didnt help and there lies the other question..... What makes these people become drug users and alcoholics? A conversation like that could be started a million times over for so many people which is of course unfortunate.

People who work hard, pay taxes and try live a normal life get frustrated at people like those we are talking about because they are a drain on society a drain on our finance's and our health system. It is exactly the same frustrations aimed at the travellers as evident in the traveller thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Why do people stick an S on the end of ALDI???

Ye don't say SHEEPS

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Why do people stick an S on the end of ALDI???

Ye don't say SHEEPS

Surely you mean “why do Peeps stick an s.....”

• Advertisement

Ye don't say SHEEPS

I say sheepeses

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Tescos.

Fcuk we re getting bored, it's nearly time to start climbing walls

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Should it therefore be Dunne Stores or Dunne’s Store

Actually, now that I think of it why is there no apostrophe on Dunnes Stores, surely it should be Dunne’s Stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

Tescos.

Spars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Spocker wrote: »
    Really?

Contrary to popular belief. It is possible to deport EU citizens from EU countries.https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/jobseekers/index_en.htm#already-worked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Any update on the guy that fell?

Contrary to popular belief. It is possible to deport EU citizens from EU countries.https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/jobseekers/index_en.htm#already-worked

That wasn't my point - I quoted the post that asked about vetting "people from other European countries"; freedom of travel & residence is a right granted to all EU citizens: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/workers/index_en.htm
    The EU wrote:
    You have the right to live in any EU country where you work as an employee, a self-employed person or as a posted worker.

None of us anonymous people on the Internet can actually say if the folks involved had been laid off due to Covid-19 or not, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Spocker wrote: »
    That wasn't my point - I quoted the post that asked about vetting "people from other European countries"; freedom of travel & residence is a right granted to all EU citizens: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/workers/index_en.htm

None of us anonymous people on the Internet can actually say if the folks involved had been laid off due to Covid-19 or not, right?

I have no idea who these men in the Glen were and I am not commenting on the situation involved. I am just trying to quash a myth about how the EU works. One of the ways a EU citizen an be deported is if they do not find work. I dont know of cases of deportation over jobless but it does happen in the EU and we do use it for EU criminals here. It is possible these lads are employed here. No idea. I dont even know that they werent Irish.

• Advertisement

I have no idea who these men in the Glen were and I am not commenting on the situation involved. I am just trying to quash a myth about how the EU works. One of the ways a EU citizen an be deported is if they do not find work. I dont know of cases of deportation over jobless but it does happen in the EU and we do use it for EU criminals here. It is possible these lads are employed here. No idea. I dont even know that they werent Irish.

Fair enough

Advertisement