Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Code 404

Options
  • 01-04-2020 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sky 1 has handed out a six episode series order to Code 404, a police comedy, starring Daniel Mays and Stephen Graham which is set in the Special Investigation Unit of London’s Metropolitan Police Service

Source TV Wise

Sky has announced new sci-fi A.I. cop comedy ‘Code 404‘ starring Stephen Graham and Daniel Mays will premiere 29 April 2020 on Sky 1 & NOW TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Stephen Graham- in a sci-fi comedy? Of course I'm in. Especially with the premise:

507888.png

(forgotten until I saw it while searching for this: code 404 is the error code for "Page Not Found, or Server Not Found")

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, but a Sky production. Blergh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Now to find out if i can view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Sky aren’t that bad, better than RTÉ anyway
    I liked the comedy brassic they made a while back and this should be good with Stephen graham and Daniel mays, I think they will be a good double act

That's harsh. There is a big difference between the size of RTE and Sky. I agree Sky aren't that bad but there is big difference between them and Sky.That's like comparing the Irish Air Force with the RAF.
    RTE do plenty that is good. Sure they make some rubbish too but so have Sky.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, but a Sky production. Blergh.

Chernobyl was a Sky production.

Also, Stephen Graham is a phenomenal actor having had roles in Snatch, Band of Brothers and Line of Duty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Chernobyl was a Sky production.

Also, Stephen Graham is a phenomenal actor having had roles in Snatch, Band of Brothers and Line of Duty.

Meh. Their hit rate ain't great, that's just me. Anyway, that trailer backed it up for me, was straining a bit too hard for me.

Boardwalk empire was a great performance from him
    If you thought he was good in that, check him out in The Virtues. Thread for it here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109976074

Daniel Mays hamming it up like Nicolas Cage in the first episode, given the actors involved disappointed as felt the pilot fell flat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

worth watching ?

• Advertisement

Daniel Mays was a bit OTT at the start, and it seemed reeealy cheesy- like Police Squad humour, but once I realized that was what they were going for it was a blast. Very clever piss-take of American buddy cop shows, and Americanizations. I thought I'd only watch one to get a flavour, but ended up watching three of them. Not sure how much mileage they can get out of it, but for the moment, finding it hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I just watched the first episode and did not think I was going to like it but its actually quiet good and funny.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

watched all 6 episodes,i enjoyed this,plenty of laughs and just the thing to cheer us up in the present climate.

Finished watching this. Really enjoyed it; many laugh out loud moments. Typically, this style of humour and setups fall flat for me, but I think it worked quite well here, especially with this cast. It's like an American-style show, with a knowing tongue-in-cheek British slant to it, which surprisingly pulls it off. Much more hit than miss, I found it a great tonic.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daniel Mays hamming it up like Nicolas Cage in the first episode, given the actors involved disappointed as felt the pilot fell flat

The character is hammy, not the actor. He's mean't to come across like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Boardwalk empire was a great performance from him

I’d watch him in anything but this doesn’t have great reviews. He’s unbelievable in the This is England franchise and The Virtues
    If you thought he was good in that, check him out in The Virtues. Thread for it here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109976074

Just seeing your post onThe Virtues now. Beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

L'prof wrote: »
    I’d watch him in anything but this doesn’t have great reviews. He’s unbelievable in the This is England franchise and The Virtues

Boardwalk Empire doesn't have great reviews?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Boardwalk Empire doesn't have great reviews?? :confused:

Maybe I was unclear. Code 404. Boardwalk is fantastic. Taboo also well worth a watch with the added bonus of Hardy

2nd season of Code 404 is on Sky Comedy on Wednesday September 1st

• Advertisement

Advertisement