Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jumping a boat

Options
  • 01-04-2020 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hows things my boats batterys are dead. its 2 12v batterys linked up to give 24v to the starter I have a spare battery at home would I be able to jump it with it or would i need a 24v booster pack?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Depends on how dead they are if they are down to 12v and you add your other 12v it should start but if they are flat and you add your 12v thats all you will be getting, if you can't jump start it just bring the batteries home and charge them or connect them to a solar charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

fergal.b wrote: »
    Depends on how dead they are if they are down to 12v and you add your other 12v it should start but if they are flat and you add your 12v thats all you will be getting, if you can't jump start it just bring the batteries home and charge them or connect them to a solar charger.

Cheers there not totally flat so I'm hoping another 12v will be enough to give it a kick.where do you hook up cables to when there joined together with a bridge? Cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

jump-battery_zpsyxjams0b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

fergal.b wrote: »
    jump-battery_zpsyxjams0b.jpg

Cheers fergal I'll chance it later.

Advertisement