Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 inch extension

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Call me a tad behind the times...But what purpose exactly does one of these extensions fulfill???.It just adds more length to your shotgun barrel in a cylinder bore,or are they actual chokes?.Seems to me,that unless you had a shotgun barrel that was too short under the law,this was a way of sorting it?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

I had a loan of one a few years ago, about 3 or 4 inches and was told it was triple extra full choke - I was able to knock a rabbit at c40 yds with Olympic Trap no. 7.

Gave me at least 10yds extra range IMHO. Very, very tight pattern judging from overspill pellets on impact, pretty much the size of the rabbit at 40yds, so would guess that longer range possible but that was my only experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Well for (1) it will put you 3" closer to the target and (2) it will change the point of balance moving it more forward which will probably be a bad thing as most Semi autos are already too front heavy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18 I right I

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Call me a tad behind the times...But what purpose exactly does one of these extensions fulfill???

I like not having to have a key around to tighten or remove chokes. That alone makes it worthwhile.

Also, some of the extended are ported. Not sure if it does anything, but definitely a +1 in the "trick" factor.

Advertisement