Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Describe yourself as you are right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Down, lonely, don’t know why

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Pissed off, frustrated and hurt. Come to the realisation my sister is an alcoholic. She’s been drunk nearly every day for the past two weeks since she came home on holiday and she leaves tomorrow. I hate to say it but I can’t wait for her to leave. I’ve tried to be understanding and supportive but I’m finding it so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Doing so much over thinking I think I might have just sabotaged a relationship or my gut is right.

I want a fresh start. Can't wait for this new year is over n done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Glad Christmas Day is over, looking forward to going back to a routine.

Feeling lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Feeling like being a crazy dog lady is becoming a very real option

• Advertisement

I can't stop thinking about the ongoing horror in Australia. It's so unimaginable, devastating, unnatural.. .. . Hell on earth for the people and the poor creatures.

And nothing can really be done.

So so sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Miss Elizabeth

I can't stop thinking about the ongoing horror in Australia. It's so unimaginable, devastating, unnatural.. .. . Hell on earth for the people and the poor creatures.

And nothing can really be done.

So so sad.

I know , I was just listening to the radio there and they said half a billion animals!! Its heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭2 fast

Full of chcolate
    Lazy
    Uncomfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Miss Elizabeth

Sleepy, full tummy, cosy. No Sunday night blues. Looking forward to the week.

Proud. Helped organise and took part in a challenging charity event at the weekend and helped raised a good amount of money. I’ve been getting sent loads of photos from the event and I’m so chuffed I was a part of it.

• Advertisement

So incredibly stressed out worrying about my sister. Feel like crying and just want to cocoon myself away from everything for a while. I was so happy about finally getting my own sh1t together last year and being the happiest I’ve been in years and now I feel like I’ve taken a massive step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Sad. Bad day at work where I thought I'd be fired - instead was quizzed to within an inch of my life and left feeling like a failure. Then saw something online about a recent ex who I have still mad feelings for and it made my heart sore and me question everything about my decision to end it.
    Pretty ouchy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

More than somewhat dilapidated after a week of nocturnal gales and almost no sleep. Listening thankfully to the silence and hoping it lasts... Pleasantly replete...happy with a cat curled up with me, snoring!

Life is good in spite of many things. .It really is good

And another gale raging but I had some good sleep which has helped greatly. Maybe we forget how basics lke sleep and good food can heal emotions.

Stressed out to the point of making myself sick, upset and distracted.

Over the past two months I’ve realised my sister is a very serious alcoholic. She lives pretty far away. She was home for a few weeks at Christmas and it became obvious just how much of a problem it is. We had a pretty big row where she said some hurtful things to me. But I’ve become fairly strong and could brush those off.

Since she went back, I’ve had nearly daily messages from her best friend about how worried he is about her, how she’s more than likely going to lose her job because she’s turning up to work drunk or not turning up at all. He told me she’s going the same way as my mother. My mother took her own life over 10 years ago.

I fee so drained. I broke down in front of my boss last week and had no choice but to tell him what’s going on. My work is suffering. I hate people at work knowing my personal business.

I need to apply for time off work to travel to where she lives with my father to try and help her. My dad isn’t able to go by himself. I’m seriously stressed about whether I’ll get the time off, and how I’m going to manage my bills, rent, and other financial responsibilities if I’m not getting paid. I’m just lucky I don’t have a husband, kids or a mortgage to worry about. This trip is going to cost a small fortune and I just don’t have the money. But it’s family, and I need to find a way to make it work.

I was going to therapy for most of last year, and I finished up with my amazing therapist around October/November as she felt I was ready but now I feel like I need to go back.

I hate that I’m thinking about myself so much in this situation but I can’t help it. I want to help her as much as I can, and I would never try and guilt trip her. I just wish she could see how her actions are affecting other people.

Need to rant....

Just seen on FB a person I am in the same team as, tag others on our team... And some of their own friends .... Suggesting they "attend a concert ". I'm not BFFs with any of them.... But it just makes me want to quit the team and say fcuk it.... I haven't felt part of the group, I find connecting difficult with some people, esp a group that have known each other years.

It's just made me feel **** seeing that.... I see these, people a few times a week, be in their company and feel not part of it.

Fcukin fb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NobleBlack

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Down, lonely, don’t know why
    Do you care for a chat then....I can keep you busy as I have free periods after my work.

what's making you down?re you over thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Chilled to the bones.. tired.. longing for bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

totally broken..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

ah no, hope you're ok Lavinia :(

as for me, sleep is my nemisis - exhausted all the time... I fight it during the day and evening, yet can't sleep when it's time for bed.

i am devastated with these news on corona all situation and number of people dying hour on hour bases..
    even some tears this morning i just let them go..

thanking god for being able to work from home and concentrate on something to keeps my thoughts occupied, otherwise id prob go nuts :(............

• Advertisement

Sad, stressed and tired.

Just off the phone to my dad. I can’t go home to see him, and he doesn’t have a smart phone or a computer so I can’t even do a video chat with him. I don’t know when I’ll see him again with this whole situation. I know it’s necessary but that doesn’t make it less crappy. I also miss our dog, the big eejit.

All my friends seem to be at home with their families, and I’m stuck in my rented accommodation. Two of my housemates are here and they’re lovely but we’re trying to avoid each other as much as possible.

I’m working on the frontline and I’m exhausted. I’m scared. I also know I’m lucky to have a job and be able to go to work and I’m grateful. But I’m sick of people not listening to the advice being given and go through phases of wondering why I’m putting myself at risk for them. The only people I can see in person apart from my housemates are my colleagues. I miss my friends.

I know I could be a lot worse off. I’m healthy, no-one I know has gotten sick or died. But still. Fu(k Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I feel as though I am beginning to struggle....

Before all this convid 19 crack started I was at the beginning of a good routine, keeping myself busy and exercising more. Basically I was using my time more efficiently so that I wouldn't go back down the hole of over thinking.

I've kept the exercising up and eating good.... But this time on my hands has me feeling like I'm going back to square 1.

I'm so down, can't laugh, motivation slowly going out the door....

This is a tough experience. Iv always felt quite lonely as I have no partner and friends I don't hear much from...... But this isolation is scary.

I'm scared. I'm tired of it. I want this virus to fcuk right off.

Relieved. The rumoured new measures being signed into law tonight will hopefully mean that people will actually do what they’re told.

No-one wants to be here but ultimately it’s for the greater good. Maybe now people will take the advice given by the government seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MrsDavis

I’m scared of the unknown.

Crippled with anxiety

Exhausted as everyday is Groundhog Day with 2 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Exhausted
    Lonely
    Heart-Broken - my grandad has been in hospital the past 2 weeks and its killing me not being able to visit. Finally got to speak to him today and he's told me he is dying. I have an awful feeling he just might be right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Exhausted
    Lonely
    Heart-Broken - my grandad has been in hospital the past 2 weeks and its killing me not being able to visit. Finally got to speak to him today and he's told me he is dying. I have an awful feeling he just might be right..

That’s so awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Exhausted
    Lonely

Hi ya,

I hope your grandad pulls through, sending you both hugs and prayers.

some kind of feeling slightly lost in this limbo of existence

thank you covid 19..

lol

Feeling butterflies and hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Desperately lonely

Desperately lonely & scared ��

Advertisement