Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hairdressers

Options
  • 27-03-2020 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hey guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Banaba wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Anyone know of any hairdressers working from home and travelling to homes during this lockdown?

There's a pandemic. People are dying. I'm sure you can manage with doing your own hair for a while :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Maybe tis the time for hats or diy hairdoos!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Hairdressers, barbers and beauticians are not allowed to operate in any premises until April 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April Fool's day. Hard to believe that you'd welcome a high risk person into your home like that. There's a reason the government shut down hair salons and barber shops

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Banaba wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Anyone know of any hairdressers working from home and travelling to homes during this lockdown?

Wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Wow

I agree. But actually my neighbour is at it. Small kids and all. Beggars belief. I wonder who she thinks will mind her sick children when she is in hospital. Can’t see many taking in covid-19 infected children to their homes and families. Its not as though she can spend rhe e40 or e50 anywhere soon. Disbelief really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Family in the bizz, have been tormented by calls and threats for the past few weeks, since their jobs closed up.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Bredabe wrote: »
    Family in the bizz, have been tormented by calls and threats for the past few weeks, since their jobs closed up.

Same with a friend. It's crazy. But again like with another thread, there's often more than meets the eye. For many (particularly older) the hairdresser is much more than someone who cuts hair. Add therapist, marriage guidance councillor, massage therapist :pac:

I'm only half joking, and hairdressers will know what that is about!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

inisboffin wrote: »
    Same with a friend. It's crazy. But again like with another thread, there's often more than meets the eye. For many (particularly older) the hairdresser is much more than someone who cuts hair. Add therapist, marriage guidance councillor, massage therapist :pac:

They'd be far better off going to qualified therapist, marriage guidance concillor etc. The average age at which a hairdresser left school is reportedly 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

They'd be far better off going to qualified therapist, marriage guidance concillor etc. The average age at which a hairdresser left school is reportedly 14.

They would perhaps, in an ideal world with ideal situations, but people make do, just as they will have to now. Of course people don't see this as an essential service, but anyone who has a friend in the industry will tell you there is more than meets the eye. Both pals I know have a degree and work in family biz or went to it later btw but that seems low average too, however often the case with trades. Massage therapists don't need a degree :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread locked down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement