Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Covid-19 Haircut Megathread

• 26-03-2020 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

What's everybody's plans for haircuts during the alert?

I've just ordered a battery trimmer, never used one before

No idea what to doe when it's arrives

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Jayzee. wrote: »
    What's everybody's plans for haircuts during the alert?

I've just ordered a battery trimmer, never used one before

No idea what to doe when it's arrives

Plug it in and charge it.
    Then cut your hair off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I was offered a free haircut a few weeks ago and said no ;_;

Am now considering paying my flatmate to give it a go. Starting to understand why post apocalyptic scifi hair is the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im offering a special Covid 19 barber service. 2 metres social distancing guaranteed.

stihl-long-handle-chainsaw-500x500.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If you don't mind your hair short it's not that hard.. just plan out how to 'fade' it, take your time and get someone else to do the back if you can.. that's the place you can really **** it up, trying to get a straight line at the very end of your hair

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

I plan on having longer hair during covid...
    Not exactly many social gatherings to be worrying about having the latest style..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Not exactly many social gatherings to be worrying about having the latest style..

Perfect time for trying out a beard or tash

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

CB19Kevo wrote: »

Yep I was wanting to grow my hair out one last time while it's still all there but keeping it short just made it so much easier to look respectable for work. This is the best window we'll ever get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I bought a hair scissors set..... we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,403 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Not if you'll need to wear a face mask.

I'm tempted to let the Mrs have a go at my hair but it's not a promising prospect.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Christ! May have to go all Telly Savalas:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tried that and didn't shave for 10 days. It was pure grey. I shaved this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think this thread should include pics of DIY cuts gone wrong ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Some tips

Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Ordered a trimmer - should be 'interesting' lol

I think I'm just going to go for a fairly simple shaved head for the next while lol

I'm at a stage that even if I don't cut it I'll probably have less by the end of this than I have now:(

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Fcuk it...go full Kojak.

We've all wanted to do it but never did because we'd have to go to work and face the slags. You may not have another opportunity to look like a Shaolin monk. Get the buzzer and shear it off to a mark 1 then have the missus lather up your head and take the old Gillette Mach 3 to it. So you're as bald as an egg just in time for Easter. By the time you have to go back to work it'll have grown back to a nice crew cut.

Xertz wrote: »
    Ordered a trimmer - should be 'interesting' lol

I think I'm just going to go for a fairly simple shaved head for the next while lol

What one did you order? There's so many to choose from. I'm okay for couple of weeks but would like to be prepared!

Beasty wrote: »
    Some tips

Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on...

Bookmarked ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

What one did you order? There's so many to choose from. I'm okay for couple of weeks but would like to be prepared!

A Whal cordless one. Was surprisingly not that expensive.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My wife's aged aunt mentioned that she's getting her hair done tomorrow in a place in Limerick. And weren't they great to be opening to help the elderly.

They are still closed, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Ya pretty sure it's July 20 something for Barbers/Hairdressers.

The mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

they are still meant to be closed yes but there is plenty of black market stuff going on as always happens at times of national strife and prohibition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Lots of places open for regulars or house calls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Girl on our road has started doing the nails again! She was certainly busy over the last few days!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Jesus tap dancing Christ. The world won't end with a roar or an explosion. It'll end with blue tinted hair and gel nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

MarkR wrote: »
    My wife's aged aunt mentioned that she's getting her hair done tomorrow in a place in Limerick. And weren't they great to be opening to help the elderly.

They are still closed, right?

Featured_31-Recruiter-Memes-Thatll-Make-You-Laugh-1200x474.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

In general people dont seem to give a f*ck about restrictions. Without even leaving my house I seen 4 different neighbours have visitors come and go recently. One neighbour lifted a fence panel and had her next door neighbour into the garden for drinks and a natter. Thought no one would notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Hope these hairdressers are prepared to face the legal consequences should cases of this be traced back to their premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

This sounds like a very naughty thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What level of precaution are they taking? Face masks for all for example? I mean that's likely what they'll be doing when their restrictions are lifted.

Advertisement