Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Panzer Dragoon Remake And Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Remake Announced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Panzer Dragoon 2 Two

Odd name

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Great news, these games have such a unique atmosphere, feels like a really alien world, will be great to revisit them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Panzer Dragoon 2 Two

Odd name

Two Worlds II

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Two Worlds II

Half Life 2 Episode 2

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Panzer Dragoon 2 Two

Odd name

It was just called Panzer Dragoon Zwei over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Half Life 2 Episode 2

Benjamin Tutu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Her saga and orta soundtracks are two of the best soundtracks ever composed. Absolute masterworks.

Hope there's plans for a saga remake. More people need to play that incredible game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn, for a second there when I saw Dragoon, I was hoping for a legend of Dragoon remake in 8k and the announcement of Legend of dragoon 2 in 14k but its just panzer Dragoon, meh .....:rolleyes:

:pac:

Steam is blocked on my work VPN - I hear it's out now, is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's out only in the US and I think only on switch.

Staggered international release dates in a digital world are the dumbest **** ever.

https://twitter.com/PanzerDragoonRE/status/1243183524406005761

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1243185299129274370

Yeah that's a bit annoying, especially since digital releases RIGHT NOW is the correct choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Panzer Dragoon is on the Irish eshop for €24.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Very tempted. I like these kind of games but only ever played a small bit of Orta at a friends house. Might wait for a review to come out first though.

Glad this is a full remake than remaster. The original is only an ok rail shooter. Zwei and Orta on the other hand are probabyl the two best rail shooters ever made. Looking forward to zwei and hope that this remaster of the first game brings it up to a level with zwei.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

Overrated!

Seems they haven't strayed much from the original which is unfortunate as I've said it needs a bit of modernisation.

At least zwei is so good it doesn't need much gameplay updates so if you are curious I'd wait for the sequel.

T. Hanks^ wrote: »
    Overrated!

Inconceivable

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-01-panzer-dragoon-remake-review-flawed-revisit-to-an-off-kilter-masterpiece

"Panzer Dragoon: Remake review - flawed revisit to an off-kilter masterpiece"

Retro is gonna trigggeerrrr

Not really. Seems people misremembering the original game which wasn't that great. It was a tech demo for the Saturn at launch with an interesting setting that got expanded on in the sequels. It was fun but no masterpiece.

Zwei on the other hand is a masterpiece and really hoping they do that game Justice and really hope it leads to a saga release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

T. Hanks^ wrote: »
    Overrated!

I agree, the only dragoon game worth playing is this

81zHIBnnUVL._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It’s no Lylat Wars that’s for sure.

It’s no Lylat Wars that’s for sure.

Definitely not. But zwei and Orta are arguably better than starfox 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Definitely not. But zwei and Orta are arguably better than starfox 64.

Lies

Panzer Dragoon Saga would have been good

Lies

Arguably I said. I think starfox 64, zwei and Orta are the Pinnacle of rail shooters. I wouldn't be able to say which is better but I can say theres no other better rail shooters other than maybe the two sin and punishment games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Panzer Dragoon Saga would have been good

It would but with the source code lost and the saturn still difficult to emulate correctly we may never see it.
    Really the source code is needed to make a good modern port.

Really looking forward to this. The first Remake was a great remake but the base game just isn't great.

Zwei on the other hand is incredible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement