Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How will you party/celebrate when this crisis is all over?

• 23-03-2020 10:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

A trip abroad? An expensive meal? A pampering in a plush hotel? A pub crawl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yes..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I will get to sit close to my elderly mum again , that will be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Straight to the pub defiantly. And a couple of nights down the country somewhere on a pub crawl. I've only drank once the past month :(

Maybe a brazzer as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i think we should have one big ticker tape parade in every major town...but instead of using ticker tape we can use all the disused loo roll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Good thing is when it is over a lot of people will have money saved from not going to the pub. I can see some serious sessions breaking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

BBQ.
    Get the mates over.
    Few boxes of Corona:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Take my kids to see their grandmother (I hope)....more of a treat for her than them really, it's been so tough for her not to see them and it's all just starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Head to the Gravediggers in Glasnvein and drink Guinness until I'm full up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

dobman88 wrote: »
    Head to the Gravediggers in Glasnvein and drink Guinness until I'm full up.

jesus a proper pint seems like heaven now..this canned stuff just dosent do the job at all its like drinking pisswater

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

grogans the minute it re opens, mount myself to a stool at the bar and live off Guinness and toasties until I'm no longer allowed to be there, repeat the next day at the blue light, and my local day 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I'd like to go on a trip to Italy and hopefully try to contribute to their economic renewal after this

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You are only torturing yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭fits

wakka12 wrote: »
    I'd like to go on a trip to Italy and hopefully try to contribute to their economic renewal after this

Same. I have friends in Milano, Piedmont, and Bologna and I’m going to visit them and kiss and hug them and eat all the food and drink all the wine and spritzs.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Back to Spain for me as soon as I can. I won't be going on the beer to "celebrate". Celebrate what? I don't drink anyhow, maybe once or twice a year, so don't miss the booze. I suppose being able to get out and be social again will be the key thing, but I won't be "celebrating" anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I am going to give my beautiful Mammy the biggest hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I can't wait to breathe down people's necks again queuing at the till or get on the bus with a giant chicken fillet role and shlobber all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Granadino wrote: »
    Back to Spain for me as soon as I can. I won't be going on the beer to "celebrate". Celebrate what? I don't drink anyhow, maybe once or twice a year, so don't miss the booze. I suppose being able to get out and be social again will be the key thing, but I won't be "celebrating" anything.
    Do you ever celebrate?

I think celebrating the survival ? Return to normal life, return to social interactions, and so much more is worth celebrating

• Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

BoatMad wrote: »
    I will get to sit close to my elderly mum again , that will be nice

Fingers crossed.

wakka12 wrote: »

You might think a bit closer to home in that regard, our own economy is going to be utterly destroyed also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

Cocaine, fcuking mountains of it.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Probably wont have a job.
    Probably lose my house.

So I probably wont be partying. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,769 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I can't wait to breathe down people's necks again queuing at the till or get on the bus with a giant chicken fillet role and shlobber all over the place.

I can’t wait too, to get in a bus, stick a chicken fillet roll in someone’s pocket, breathe on them and slobber at passers by... politely,of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Dont think many will have any money or reason to celebrate anything whenever this killer disease has run out of road. This will leave a trail of destruction behind it. Many will lose loved ones. Jobs may be gone for good. I'm self employed and have no work and cant see it coming back. Its not like a war when a definitive outcome leads to an outbreak of joy when its over. This invisible enemy may be lurking around for years. How can you celebrate when you dont know if its defeated or gone. Apologies for not getting in the spirit of the OP and everyone means well but i cant see any reason to be celebrating anything for a long time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Ten nights in Vegas !

Finally see my parents and then have a pint of cold beamish.

Finally see my parents and then have a pint of cold beamish.

You hate yourself that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Going to continue self isolating, it really has its perks

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You hate yourself that much?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Bag of chips from Beshoffs and a Big Mac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Dont think many will have any money or reason to celebrate anything whenever this killer disease has run out of road. This will leave a trail of destruction behind it. Many will lose loved ones. Jobs may be gone for good. I'm self employed and have no work and cant see it coming back. Its not like a war when a definitive outcome leads to an outbreak of joy when its over. This invisible enemy may be lurking around for years. How can you celebrate when you dont know if its defeated or gone. Apologies for not getting in the spirit of the OP and everyone means well but i cant see any reason to be celebrating anything for a long time to come.

Your work will come back don't worry.

If you were in demand before this you will be more than ever after this.

Advertisement