Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CBD.

Options
  • 25-04-2018 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

It seems that there is a major crackdown on the horizon for CBD products. YouTube are in the process of banning cbd reviews, channels etc, PayPal are refusing to process transactions containing cbd products.
    Anyone have any more info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Seems a bit of a witch hunt on smaller to mid level channels tbh. The likes of Indoor smokers, who has a dozen CBD/THC and straight up weed "reviews" on his channel has not been touched. Even outside the vape channels, the likes of Joe Rogan, who also has many CBD discussions on his channel - untouched. Either someone dobbed the guys in, or they are strangely only targeting lower end vape channels.

CBD is perfectly legal, only when it is mixed with THC - the stuff that actually gets you high, is it crossing the line. CBD oil on it's own offers no high, it has no psychoactive effect, it is more a relaxant. It gives only the positive ingredients and has been known to work as an anti-inflammatory, pain killer and calms anxiety. To put it more simple terms, CBD = Hemp oil, used for medicinal purposes, THC = 'weed' oil, used for it's psychoactive properties, it offers a 'high' - CBD does not.

Seems as if YT are confused and consider them the same? But why are they letting the bigger channels slide?

Vaping with Vic is one of the bigger channels hit, he received a one month Live ban, so he cannot do any live shows for the time being, and has to remove the videos that were flagged - A CBD device review from over a year back. Indoor smokers, with over 500K subs, has dozens of such reviews, he did one only last week! and nothing ... no warning, no ban, untouched. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Seems a bit of a witch hunt on smaller to mid level channels tbh. The likes of Indoor smokers, who has a dozen CBD/THC and straight up weed "reviews" on his channel has not been touched. Even outside the vape channels, the likes of Joe Rogan, who also has many CBD discussions on his channel - untouched. Either someone dobbed the guys in, or they are strangely only targeting lower end vape channels.

CBD is perfectly legal, only when it is mixed with THC - the stuff that actually gets you high, is it crossing the line. CBD oil on it's own offers no high, it has no psychoactive effect, it is more a relaxant. It gives only the positive ingredients and has been known to work as an anti-inflammatory, pain killer and calms anxiety. To put it more simple terms, CBD = Hemp oil, used for medicinal purposes, THC = 'weed' oil, used for it's psychoactive properties, it offers a 'high' - CBD does not.

Seems as if YT are confused and consider them the same? But why are they letting the bigger channels slide?

Vaping with Vic is one of the bigger channels hit, he received a one month Live ban, so he cannot do any live shows for the time being, and has to remove the videos that were flagged - A CBD device review from over a year back. Indoor smokers, with over 500K subs, has dozens of such reviews, he did one only last week! and nothing ... no warning, no ban, untouched. Strange.

The issue is CBD isn't legal in all countries. There's a number of western countries where it's still illegal. So YouTube don't want to be seen as hosting videos that promote the use of illegal drugs as it violates their terms of service in those countries (Russia, Australia, New Zealand, technically illegal in Spain and France are among some of them). It's silly because CBD couldn't be further from a drug, but it does make sense in a way. Even though the person making the video has legally obtained it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The issue is CBD isn't legal in all countries. There's a number of western countries where it's still illegal. So YouTube don't want to be seen as hosting videos that promote the use of illegal drugs as it violates their terms of service in those countries (Russia, Australia, New Zealand, technically illegal in Spain and France are among some of them). It's silly because CBD couldn't be further from a drug, but it does make sense in a way. Even though the person making the video has legally obtained it.

Even at that, what they should have done was issued a warning to creators to take down any videos that included content they disapproved of within a given time frame. Instead they simply pulled channels from the off.

Since my last post Indoor smokers has had his second channel, which featured all of his CBD/weed content, was pulled, his main channel remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

This whole issue with YouTube pulling the plug on reviews, Facebook banning sale ads with vape products is all becoming a bit of a pita tbh and coincidence would have it that it really only became apparent since the data issues that Facebook had. I've yet to receive a response from Facebook,sent a week ago,as to why they are suddenly not allowing vape related sales be posted on vape sale pages.
    The world is doomed..doomed I tell ye...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jacksparrow92

I think this is happening because the pharma companies are losing money to natural healing methods such as CBD and hemp extracts, and they went after CBD companies online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I think this is happening because the pharma companies are losing money to natural healing methods such as CBD and hemp extracts, and they went after CBD companies online.

Same as the ciggie companies went after vaping a few years ago, stock up is all I can say

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Andderzz

I think they will never feel a lack of customers, cause people do love the feelings of relief and relaxation. Talking of which, recently when a friend of mine suggested me to HOP OVER TO THIS WEBSITE, a resource where they collected all the information about CBD oil and how it works, as well as where to order good stuff, I've done it. I've tried a little bit of CBD, and it gave more relaxation than regular weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Can anyone recommend a cbd oil to vape?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AlBlack

All of you seem to be referring to extracted CBD.... Does anyone know s there a naturally occuring "IN Plant" version that you could eat, cook or juice?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

AlBlack wrote: »
    All of you seem to be referring to extracted CBD.... Does anyone know s there a naturally occuring "IN Plant" version that you could eat, cook or juice?

Try Justbob.shop they sell whole flowers/nugs I use them in a Storz and Bickel Mighty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

speaking to a vape shop owner, he told me the health board had been coming to shops and telling them to stop selling it, it looks like its going to be sold in Chemists instead.
    Sounds like some lobbying going on somewhere.
    Can anyone recommend a cbd oil to vape?

NaturalCBD.ie
    ive made expensive mistakes on crap cbd, but this one has a good feeling, kind of like the sleepy monged out you get form real herbs.
    its good for night time just to slow down an active brain.
    i will also add, vaping 'oil' would be toxic, proper companies use special extraction techniques to leave the cdb in water soluble form, and thereby can be vaped safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 abc2304

I've just ordered some Ignite CBD (Dan Bilzerian's brand) from cbdonline.ie. I've never tried any CBD products before, has anybody tried this brand? I figured it should be top quality coming from someone like him?!

Advertisement