Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chessbase

• 27-02-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Like most chess players I have been using Chessbase for years. I currently use Chessbase 12. I know how to do basic things like saving and analyzing games but would like to learn how to use the many features that I don't at the moment.
    I have been reading Pump Up Your Rating recently and it talks about setting up opening files but I can't figure out how to do this efficiently. I am sure that there are many others like me who only have a superficial knowledge of Chessbase and who would like to learn more. Is anyone interested in giving me private lessons or perhaps holding group sessions? I would happily pay to learn how to use the many features and I am pretty sure that others would too. It would be a nice little earner for anyone who knows their way around Chessbase and is willing to share their knowledge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Danville

I have a Chessbase 12 manual in pdf format.
    Send me your email address and I will Forward it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭checknraise

Would there be much demand if I was to run a webinar on chessbase/how to prepare for your games?

I would run the session free of charge but would ask if people found the webinar beneficial they would donate to the ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

Would there be much demand if I was to run a webinar on chessbase/how to prepare for your games?

I would run the session free of charge but would ask if people found the webinar beneficial they would donate to the ICU.
    I'd watch it !

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

What is best version of Chessbase to download/purchase for mainly creating databases of games played and analysing games and also to buy opening guides etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭checknraise

It depends on budget but nearly any version of ChessBase will work for what you want to do. ChessBase 15 is the latest and I am not sure there is not much difference from previous versions.

I will set something up for next week to go through Chessbase and what free options are available for people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

It looks like all amateur players will be preparing non-stop in 2020 - watch out the Pro's in 2021!!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭RooksPawn

Joedryan wrote: »
    It looks like all amateur players will be preparing non-stop in 2020 - watch out the Pro's in 2021!!

It's actually hard to get motivated to study chess under the present circumstances and certainly no point in trying to learn openings when you will have forgotten them before you can play a real game again.

I hope things aren't too awful in your locality in Spain, Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

RooksPawn wrote: »
    It's actually hard to get motivated to study chess under the present circumstances and certainly no point in trying to learn openings when you will have forgotten them before you can play a real game again.

I hope things aren't too awful in your locality in Spain, Joe?

Catalunya curve is more or less the same as the UK curve, over 1000 dead, not as bad as the rest of Spain (there are absolutely horrific scenes coming out of Madrid) but still awful.

Advertisement