Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Garda college will close next week and will be handed over to the HSE for use as an emergency sanitarium.

Current student Gardaí will be deployed to stations nationwide to assist with an emergency civil policing plan. The April / May intake of new student Gardaí will not take place and is suspended until further notice.

I have this from a close relative in Garda headquarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

You were saying....:-D
    banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Its the national policing service. A virus will NOT stop trainees.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

Hopefully they will still push ahead with vetting and Medicals etc for us .
    So we will be good to go when the call comes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Hopefully they will still push ahead with vetting and Medicals etc for us .
    So we will be good to go when the call comes

that wont happen, they are not going to risk a carrier of the virus coming in for a medical im afraid

Hopefully vetting can continue
    I’m waiting on form B to arrive

• Advertisement

Hopefully vetting can continue
    I’m waiting on form B to arrive
    same situation as yourself so, i was expecting it today, 2 weeks since interview results now , gonna be a long process for us, im afriad

Have to remain optimistic
    I don’t think they will stop everything
    Just the medical and physical for the time been

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Forget about offers till the end of the month. This virus spread will delay our vetting for sure. Just being realistic.

i think this will be good news for us waiting as it might halt a planned 2020 campaign, and fast forward people waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

All the Garda members in the Garda college have been redeployed away from the college until September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    i think this will be good news for us waiting as it might halt a planned 2020 campaign, and fast forward people waiting

Was thinking the same, though I'm still waiting on the interview with the local Sergeant and Super as well as vetting! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

All the Garda members in the Garda college have been redeployed away from the college until September

Jesus, that long?

SquireD wrote: »
    Was thinking the same, though I'm still waiting on the interview with the local Sergeant and Super as well as vetting! :rolleyes:

Yea I’m in the same boat , realistically form b won’t be out till mid April the way things are going , and I predict the April and June intakes will now take place in September/Oct , which will leave us free to take up mid December early 2021 ,
    Im telling myself it’s a blessing, save a few pound and get even fitter ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dubmay2018

Jaymc1 I was thinking the exact same way. I'm from the 2018 campaign with vetting 'active' and 'ongoing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

Yea I’m in the same boat , realistically form b won’t be out till mid April the way things are going , and I predict the April and June intakes will now take place in September/Oct , which will leave us free to take up mid December early 2021 ,

Im from 2018 too. Im going overseas with df and i wont be back till mid November so im kinda hoping i dont get called till i get back

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

Im from 2018 too. Im going overseas with df and i wont be back till mid November so im kinda hoping i dont get called till i get back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

I'm looking at it all with a silver lining (takes a bit of effort, don't get me wrong there) - the whole place is up in a heap over this virus and whatever we need to do to get a handle on it, then so be it, that's the most important thing right now.

I'm going to take it as an opportunity to save up a few bob (moving back in with the parents instead of renting my own house) and I abhor where I work at the moment - the manager found out that I had went ahead with my application to the Gardaí and hadn't asked her 'permission' first, so it's been hell in there since. I've found a new job closer to home, so it'll tide me over until we can all sit back and laugh about that time we overreacted about coronavirus (hopefully!).

Stay safe out there guys ... wash the paws ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

I'm looking at it all with a silver lining (takes a bit of effort, don't get me wrong there) - the whole place is up in a heap over this virus and whatever we need to do to get a handle on it, then so be it, that's the most important thing right now.

I'm going to take it as an opportunity to save up a few bob (moving back in with the parents instead of renting my own house) and I abhor where I work at the moment - the manager found out that I had went ahead with my application to the Gardaí and hadn't asked her 'permission' first, so it's been hell in there since. I've found a new job closer to home, so it'll tide me over until we can all sit back and laugh about that time we overreacted about coronavirus (hopefully!).

Mature way of looking at it, fair play! :)

i read that thinking you spell checked adore and abhor came up :pac: not very fair your manager thinking she owned you, we'l get to templemore eventually :D

• Advertisement

i dono about anyone else but i would hate to be them and not have the proper training :confused: id rather do it the proper way, although its nice to see they said templemore is only temporarily closed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Numbers now at 14,758 - the goal is 15000. Any one else worried that they just freeze the campaign now long term. If new members are out until at least September. May look like January onwards they bring people back into the college.

Any opinions?

cluedo123 wrote: »
    Numbers now at 14,758 - the goal is 15000. Any one else worried that they just freeze the campaign now long term. If new members are out until at least September. May look like January onwards they bring people back into the college.

Any opinions?

What I took from that was some of the 14758 was including retired and detectives and templemore staff , hopefully I’m wrong but ya , the future looks bleak enough

What I took from that was some of the 14758 was including retired and detectives and templemore staff , hopefully I’m wrong but ya , the future looks bleak enough

More with all personnel.

More with all personnel.

I know I seen it on fb , I can’t see why they would be planning a 2020 campaign initially if they had all us still lined up and the members at 14700 planned by end of year ,
    I doubt these Garda that got attested today will be returning to templemore ? As silly as that sounds , they have been attested after all

I know I seen it on fb , I can’t see why they would be planning a 2020 campaign initially if they had all us still lined up and the members at 14700 planned by end of year ,
    I doubt these Garda that got attested today will be returning to templemore ? As silly as that sounds , they have been attested after all

I think they will have to go back to complete academic assessments at some point.

I think they will have to go back to complete academic assessments at some point.

But isn’t that like taking exams after you have got your qualification and your cert, logically yes they would have to go back , but it may be on the job learning this time, it’s a mess to be honest , may I ask what Oom you were ?

My OOM after interview is 504. Everything done in February 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Will us who have passed everything. Just waiting on offer get into templemore this year?

• Advertisement

Luck at the bright side lads, the Garda College has no students any more. Everyone has been promoted to gardai. They have to call more people, right?

Advertisement