Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pressure pot advice for a newbie? (non electric type)

• 17-03-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I got a pressure pot and it's currently on its first run today.

I feel like it's not cooking the stuff at all if I follow the instructions, but perhaps it's just because I'm not used to pressure cookers.

The manual says that the "steam valve should let as little steam as possible escape" and the food should be on a gentle simmer only.

My chili con carne is currently very slowly bubbling like a lava crater. I found a heat level where zero steam comes out but it's still simmering slowly. I don't know how anything is supposed to cook at this temperature.

Here's what the pot looks like. Doesn't have any knobs or dials: https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/MTA2N1gxNjAw/z/KwUAAOSwqwhdiwzV/$_57.JPG

So ... is this how everybody uses their pressure cooker? Extremely slow simmering? I feel like it will take another year to cook this chili.

The manual doesn't mention anything about psi levels so I don't know the rating.

Comments

Advertisement