Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Thanks Dr. Bill!

Planning to quit in the next few months anyway, so will see what happens.

Best of luck with the plans to quit, hope it all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So if anyone can help on this one, that would be great, but i think i already know the answer.

I have a few bottles of 72MG nic sitting around, along with PG and VG, but they're a few years old, 4 or 5 at least. They have been sitting in the utility room on a shelf where the dryer is, so temperature changes are a regular thing for the bottles.

Are they any use for anyone, or is it better to err on the side of caution and dump them?

So if anyone can help on this one, that would be great, but i think i already know the answer.

I have a few bottles of 72MG nic sitting around, along with PG and VG, but they're a few years old, 4 or 5 at least. They have been sitting in the utility room on a shelf where the dryer is, so temperature changes are a regular thing for the bottles.

Are they any use for anyone, or is it better to err on the side of caution and dump them?

Shelf life for nic etc is about 2 years if stored out of direct sunlight or changing temperatures.
    If I was you I'd bin them as they are probably gone off at this stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Shelf life for nic etc is about 2 years if stored out of direct sunlight or changing temperatures.

How long if stored in a freezer Doc?
    That's where I have my stash since the ban - haven't noticed any drop in strength yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Assumed as much, but wanted to check just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Assumed as much, but wanted to check just in case.

Bought a litre pre tpd. Still using it even though it was never stored in a freezer. Hasn't killed me yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Garyt82 wrote: »
    Bought a litre pre tpd. Still using it even though it was never stored in a freezer. Hasn't killed me yet ;)

Yeah but has it weakened do you reckon?
    Maybe it's the ultimate way to kick a nic addition - let it fade out till you're eventually vaping 0% !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have not upgraded my kit for ages and might chance upgradring. Using an Pico with a Nautlius 2 tank. Any suggestions of an upgrade that would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

When I got health insurance the guy picked the price half way between non smoker and smoker because I said I vaped.

When I got health insurance the guy picked the price half way between non smoker and smoker because I said I vaped.

Consider yourself lucky as most companies regard vaping as 'nicotine delivery substitute' and won't alter their prices from smoking. Maybe the view on vaping is changing amongst them hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

Anyone know a good place to buy flavourless Nicotine Shot/Nicotine Salt Shots for DIY liquid making? In Germany the nicotine shots retail for about 50c per 10ml bottle but in Ireland they are €1.50 a bottle. Granted, since the German ones don't deliver to Ireland if I have to I'll pay the €1.50 and it'll still be cheaper than pre-made juice but I am hoping to find somewhere that sells for a better price.

Anyone know a good place to buy flavourless Nicotine Shot/Nicotine Salt Shots for DIY liquid making? In Germany the nicotine shots retail for about 50c per 10ml bottle but in Ireland they are €1.50 a bottle. Granted, since the German ones don't deliver to Ireland if I have to I'll pay the €1.50 and it'll still be cheaper than pre-made juice but I am hoping to find somewhere that sells for a better price.

Have you considered buying 7.2%nic? I get mine here.
    https://nicotinehub.co.uk/all-products?olsPage=products%2F100ml-72-nicotine

Yes that's fine. Thank you!

Yes that's fine. Thank you!

What nic content in juice do you use?

What nic content in juice do you use?

6mg. Using the Steam Engine calculator I worked out the ratios needed to get 0.6% from 7.2%. A 30ml bottle of flavour concentrate needs 12.5ml of the Nic after adding the base to get 250ml of a 50/50 mix. So I'll have plenty of nic for further batches. It works out to 91c per 10ml "bottle" equivalent, so compared to "proper" juice it's far, far cheaper, even compared to Dealz juice at €1.50 a pop it's more economical.

Edit: It's £15 for shipping, or €12 for parcel wizard, making it over €2 a bottle equivalent. Oh well it was worth investigating at least.

6mg. Using the Steam Engine calculator I worked out the ratios needed to get 0.6% from 7.2%. A 30ml bottle of flavour concentrate needs 12.5ml of the Nic after adding the base to get 250ml of a 50/50 mix. So I'll have plenty of nic for further batches. It works out to 91c per 10ml "bottle" equivalent, so compared to "proper" juice it's far, far cheaper, even compared to Dealz juice at €1.50 a pop it's more economical.

Edit: It's £15 for shipping, or €12 for parcel wizard, making it over €2 a bottle equivalent. Oh well it was worth investigating at least.

Using Parcel Motel shipping is £3-48 plus €3.95 upon collection here.

Using the ratios you mentioned I've worked the cost out for a 250ml bottle of juice @ 6mg 50/50 and 12%concentrate (30ml).
    20ml 7.2% nic = €2.13 including delivery.
    83.3 ml 1.8% nic shots = €12.45 a €1--50 per shot.
    That amount of nic shots is also going to greatly dilute the flavour of your finished juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I buy the pre-mixed 1lt 3mg 70/30 vg/pg from Nichub . I might buy 3 or 4 liters at the time and get it delivered using their own delivery service instead of Parcel wizard..... because it might come in two boxes and PW charge for both .

jonski wrote: »
    I buy the pre-mixed 1lt 3mg 70/30 vg/pg from Nichub . I might buy 3 or 4 liters at the time and get it delivered using their own delivery service instead of Parcel wizard..... because it might come in two boxes and PW charge for both .

Check parcel motel for cheaper shipping options, also use code nichub10 for 10% off on their site. Forgot to add that to the above example.

My apologies, I am calculating 150ml of juice as I am going for a 20% flavour ratio. If I lower that I can stretch it out more.

I figured out the high cost was because of buying the PG and VG from them. Though the power of Bezos and Amazon Prime I can get the cost to €1.17 a bottle, which is acceptable. Ordering JUST the Nicotine results in a cost of €12.31 including shipping for a 100ml bottle.
    Using the ratios you mentioned I've worked the cost out for a 250ml bottle of juice @ 6mg 50/50 and 12%concentrate (30ml).
    20ml 7.2% nic = €2.13 including delivery.
    83.3 ml 1.8% nic shots = €12.45 a €1--50 per shot.
    That amount of nic shots is also going to greatly dilute the flavour of your finished juice.

My (new, Amazon VG/PG) maths is as such:
    Flavour: 30ml bottle for €14.80 inclusive of shipping.
    Nicotine: 200ml for €24.79 inclusive of shipping. Cost per ml: €0.12395
    VG (Amazon): €11 for 1000ml. Free Shipping. Cost per ml: €0.011
    PG (Amazon): €9.30 for 1000ml. Free Shipping. Cost per ml: €0.0093

As per the calculator: https://i.imgur.com/GAWXxXo.png
    (All figures rounded up to 2 decimal places)
    Flavour: 30ml. Cost €14.80
    Nicotine: 12.5ml. Cost €0.12395*12.5=€1.55
    VG: 62.95ml. Cost €0.011*62.95=€0.70
    PG: 44.55ml. Cost €0.0093*44.55=€0.42

Totals: 150ml for €17.49 = 10ml for €1.17

If I lower the Flavour to 12% https://i.imgur.com/yK5XHim.png the costs are:
    Nicotine: 20.83ml. Cost €0.12395*20.83=€2.59
    VG: 62.95ml. Cost €0.011*104.92=€1.16
    PG: 44.55ml. Cost €0.0093*94.25=€0.88

Totals: 250ml for €19.42 = 10ml for €0.78

It seems the real bottleneck is the flavour. I'll have to search around to find a cheaper one if possible.
    Check parcel motel for cheaper shipping options, also use code nichub10 for 10% off on their site. Forgot to add that to the above example.
    Nice. Thank you for that. Buying just the nicotine and not two litres of the base from Nichub lowers the shipping cost to about €4 for shipping and €4 for Parcel Wizard.

• Advertisement

My apologies, I am calculating 150ml of juice as I am going for a 20% flavour ratio. If I lower that I can stretch it out more.

I figured out the high cost was because of buying the PG and VG from them. Though the power of Bezos and Amazon Prime I can get the cost to €1.17 a bottle, which is acceptable. Ordering JUST the Nicotine results in a cost of €12.31 including shipping for a 100ml bottle.

My (new, Amazon VG/PG) maths is as such:
    Flavour: 30ml bottle for €14.80 inclusive of shipping.
    Nicotine: 100ml bottle for €12.31 inclusive of shipping. Cost per ml: €0.1231
    VG (Amazon): €11 for 1000ml. Free Shipping. Cost per ml: €0.011
    PG (Amazon): €9.30 for 1000ml. Free Shipping. Cost per ml: €0.0093

As per the calculator: https://i.imgur.com/GAWXxXo.png
    (All figures rounded up to 2 decimal places)
    Nicotine: 12.5ml. Cost €0.1231*12.5=€1.54
    VG: 62.95ml. Cost €0.011*62.95=€0.70
    PG: 44.55ml. Cost €0.0093*44.55=€0.42

Totals: 150ml for €17.46 = 10ml for €1.17

If I lower the Flavour to 12% https://i.imgur.com/yK5XHim.png the costs are:
    Nicotine: 20.83ml. Cost €0.1231*20.83=€2.57
    VG: 62.95ml. Cost €0.011*104.92=€1.16
    PG: 44.55ml. Cost €0.0093*94.25=€0.88

Totals: 250ml for €19.41 = 10ml for €0.77

It seems the real bottleneck is the flavour. I'll have to search around to find a cheaper one if possible.

Nice. Thank you for that.

Which flavour do you use or what flavour profile are you keen on?

Which flavour do you use or what flavour profile are you keen on?
    Blackjack. I managed to pick up a whole bunch for €1 a bottle when the Witchcraft Blackjack got discontinued but am running low. I tried mixing some regular aniseed and liquorice but the aniseed juices were far too bitter for my liking. My thought was to just use a pre-mixed flavour since they've gone though the trouble to make it actually correctly tasting. I'd also be partial to just plain liquorice too. The Dealz liquorice is actually rather nice but they only do 12 and 18mg which is too harsh on my throat.

I will say I am willing to try other flavours especially if my maths is correct and DIY juice is really this much cheaper.

Blackjack. I managed to pick up a whole bunch for €1 a bottle when the Witchcraft Blackjack got discontinued but am running low. I tried mixing some regular aniseed and liquorice but the aniseed juices were far too bitter for my liking. My thought was to just use a pre-mixed flavour since they've gone though the trouble to make it actually correctly tasting. I'd also be partial to just plain liquorice too. The Dealz liquorice is actually rather nice but they only do 12 and 18mg which is too harsh on my throat.

I will say I am willing to try other flavours especially if my maths is correct and DIY juice is really this much cheaper.

This one is quite close to the sweets but that's subjective, I have others that I've tried I'll check on them and post links a little later this afternoon.

https://picknmixdiy.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Black%20jack

This one is quite close to the sweets but that's subjective, I have others that I've tried I'll check on them and post links a little later this afternoon.

https://picknmixdiy.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Black%20jack

Thank you in advance. :) That's the same brand I am calculating on from another store.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Molinberry Shock is a good liquorice/aniseed flavour on it's own but may taste better with the addition of a fruit concentrate.
    https://www.ezsmoke.ie/molin-berry/1392-molin-berry-shock.html

T Juice Red Astaire is also a nice fruity/aniseed flavour and was a very popular choice a couple of years back.
    Clara T from T Juice is also good,not as fruity.
    https://www.ezsmoke.ie/t-juice-concentrates/432-concentrate-tjuice-astaire-10ml-p-432.html

https://www.ezsmoke.ie/t-juice-concentrates/661-concentrate-t-juice-clara-t-30ml.html

One I discovered by chance is from Flavour Boss UK, Candy Cane,not really a liquorice/aniseed flavour, more akin to a Murray Mint flavour,very nice though and is easily an adv type of juice.

https://flavour-boss.co.uk/product/candy-cane-boss-shot/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I need some help. Due to obvious reasons local liquid shop is closed and nothing that I know was open. Could you recommend an online retailer to get liquids? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

I need some help. Due to obvious reasons local liquid shop is closed and nothing that I know was open. Could you recommend an online retailer to get liquids? Thanks.

Do you still work in Cork?

If your stuck for liquid, you could probably pickup emergency cheap supplies from Dealz/EuroGiant or Try WickedVapes in cork. (Patrick Street, Oliver Plunket St and Wilton).

Also does online orders or ecigarettesworld(.)ie is a site I used last year.

Be careful using DPD for deliveries due to covid19, no depot deliveries allowed at present.

Edit: - https://dpd.ie/DPD-Ireland-Corona-Virus-Updates

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    Do you still work in Cork?

If your stuck for liquid, you could probably pickup emergency cheap supplies from Dealz/EuroGiant or Try WickedVapes in cork. (Patrick Street, Oliver Plunket St and Wilton).

Also does online orders or ecigarettesworld(.)ie is a site I used last year.

Be careful using DPD for deliveries due to covid19, not depot deliveries allowed at present.
    Are you sure about that for DPD? I got an email from them today saying they'd deliver my Parcel Wizard package tomorrow.

The Dealz juice is actually quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

Are you sure about that for DPD? I got an email from them today saying they'd deliver my Parcel Wizard package tomorrow.

The Dealz juice is actually quite good.

They changed brand from '88Vape' to 'Vape utopia' recently.

Tried and enjoyed 'heisen freeze' and also picked up a 'heisen blue' shortfill today.

Email extract from ecigarettesworld(.)ie (17 Mar 2020).

Re: - Covid19
    Few words from DPD as a procces of delivery has changed to provide safe service.

1 - Effective today, we will allow consignees to change their delivery address from work to home via our Inflight options. This is to facilitate all the people who are now working from home. It will ensure that the consignee's delivery gets to them. If you don't want to to allow your consignee to change address, please ensure that they give you the address where they are operating from so that we can get deliveries to them.

2 - To minimise risk, we can no longer facilitate Collection from Depots. Please don't address parcels for Collection at a DPD Depot. Delivery must be directly to the recipient.

3 - Do not address goods for delivery to locations which are now closed (schools, universities, pubs, restaurants etc) - these will be returned directly to our warehouse.

4 - And a reminder about the change to our Proof of Delivery Capture Process;DPD has ceased passing the driver's scanner to the consignee to capture a proof of delivery signature.Instead, where the consignee is present to receive delivery, the driver will retain possession of the scanner, will request the name of the signatory which he/she will key into the name field and will capture the words C19 in the signature field. Driver will not capture the signature of the recipient. Where "Safe Place" or "Letterbox" options are in place for the delivery, these instructions will be followed.

https://dpd.ie/DPD-Ireland-Corona-Virus-Updates

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement