Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 Australian Grand Prix

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I take it Netfliks are recording all this for season 3 of ''Drive to Survive'' . Not going to make for a very exciting start to that season if F1 even gets a season this year. I would say they will be doing well to do 10 races this year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Uncertain and unprecedented times.

I wouldn't be inclined to be too hard on those involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

elperello wrote: »

Exactly, like nothing experienced in living memory. It's easy for people to criticise from the comfort of home, but I wouldn't like to be the one having to make these kinds of decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I was really looking forward to the season kicking off again

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

elperello wrote: »

I'd fully agree with this. Everyone, whether it's F1 or governments or health services should be cut some slack. People are having to make decisions none of them have had to make nor ever believed they'd have to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Cancelled rather than postponed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Liberty got their money then? The only loser will be the Australian economy in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

skipper_G wrote: »
    but I wouldn't like to be the one having to make these kinds of decisions

I dunno. WHO declared it a dangerous global pandemic which is spreading like wildfire, and they were humming and hawing about whether to allow 300k people sit in close proximity to watch a sporting event, in a standoff over who foots the bill? Burkie1203 is spot on IMO. There were countries shutting schools days before these idiots got off their asses and made a decision. Now we know there's paddock members infected, god knows how many travelled to Australia needlessly risking infection and taking it home to spread.

A huge failure of Aussie governance coupled with the FIA imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anyone see the schedule on Sky Sports F1 where the when the race was supposed to be on. Its just blank. I don't have the channel but can see what is or was going to be on it. Maybe Sky should let the fans vote what to have on instead.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement