Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare hygiene is imperative

Options
  • 10-03-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭

Hand hygeine, cough into elbow and sneeze into a paper tissue and dispose immediately .

The virus is already in Kildare.

We must not panic but we must be sensible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Hand hygeine, cough into elbow and sneeze into a paper tissue and dispose immediately .

We must not panic but we must be sensible.
    Do tell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Ah sure it's only Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

Orion wrote: »
    Ah sure it's only Naas

No, its probably Kilcock but not that Kilcock and there may or may not be knives involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

No, its probably Kilcock but not that Kilcock and there may or may not be knives involved.

Apparently two cases in Kilcock; not sure if true but duirt ban liom go duirt ban lei.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hearing all sorts of rumours

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I wish people would stop spitting! - Disgusting habit.

I'm old enough to remember the anti spitting campaign in the 70's to stop TB (I think)

Its dreadfully prevalent at bus stops, in smoking areas of pubs and as people walk the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Apparently two cases in Kilcock; not sure if true but duirt ban liom go duirt ban lei.

Which Kilcock.... the one in Kildare or the one in Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I was over in Tesco's in Newbridge this morning 'armed' with my gloves no queue.............Great
    Saw a worker wiping all the trolleys in those parking bays out in the middle of the car parks.....................Great
    Saw plenty of people wearing gloves.......................Great
    People keeping a safe social distance.......................Great
    Flew through the store and was back at the car within 30 minutes...Great
    Unloaded the trolley, wheeled it back to the parling bays, retrieved my disck, took off my gloves to dispose of in the bin outside the front entrance, and then saw something which really disgusted me: Someone had worn their gloves, and when they were finished threw them on the ground.

What are some people thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I was over in Tesco's in Newbridge this morning 'armed' with my gloves no queue.............Great
    Saw a worker wiping all the trolleys in those parking bays out in the middle of the car parks.....................Great
    Saw plenty of people wearing gloves.......................Great
    People keeping a safe social distance.......................Great
    Flew through the store and was back at the car within 30 minutes...Great
    Unloaded the trolley, wheeled it back to the parling bays, retrieved my disck, took off my gloves to dispose of in the bin outside the front entrance, and then saw something which really disgusted me: Someone had worn their gloves, and when they were finished threw them on the ground.

What are some people thinking of?

They aren't thinking at all or they are only thinking of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

They aren't thinking at all or they are only thinking of themselves.

Totally agree. I wonder who they expect to pick these disposable gloves up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Why are people wearing ****ing gloves?

Wash your hands regularly, gloves are not a magic immunity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

mloc123 wrote: »
    Why are people wearing ****ing gloves?

Wash your hands regularly, gloves are not a magic immunity

For me it's because i cant wash my hands after being in a shop.
    But i have used gloves in my work environment for the better part of 20 year's and am well of proper usage unlike a lot of people i see using them like magic gloves as you said.

For example i bring 3 gloves when shopping 2 for each hand while shopping, when it's time to pay i take the right one off, use right hand to get my card from pocket, left hand to input code if needed. 3rd glove now goes on right hand to push trolley, unload and return trolley. Then all 3 are bined or taken with me if there's no bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

It is good some are wearing gloves. But I was just in Tesco's in Newbridge, and the amount of used gloves left in the shopping trolleys was surprising. We are going to have this virus for awhile because some people don't understand basic common sense and hygiene.

Advertisement