Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris for the rugby

• 08-03-2020 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Hi all heading over for the match on Friday, having been all over France but never in Paris. I know beer prices vary and can be quite extortionate but anyone recommend any reasonable bars around buttes Chaumont region 19th arrondissement. Not overly keen on irish bars mainly because they'll be packed. Any advise greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

This evening the French banned gatherings of more than 1000 people. Will the match go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hi all heading over for the match on Friday, having been all over France but never in Paris. I know beer prices vary and can be quite extortionate but anyone recommend any reasonable bars around buttes Chaumont region 19th arrondissement. Not overly keen on irish bars mainly because they'll be packed. Any advise greatly appreciated.

I would have thought that questioning whether the match was even going ahead would have been the first concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭ Bailee Damaged Tailpipe

Take Metro Line 2 from Colonel Fabien to Blanche / Place de Clichy (about 20 minutes) and go to The Harp Bar on Boulevard de Clichy. It shouldn't be too packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

lawred2 wrote: »
    I would have thought that questioning whether the match was even going ahead would have been the first concern.

I can't control the match being cancelled but with flights + accom paid for we're still going to go unless told otherwise

This evening the French banned gatherings of more than 1000 people. Will the match go ahead?

Hopefully but with that info you may be correct that it'll be postponed or even played behind closed doors,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

https://twitter.com/FranceRugby/status/1236768142199750656

No indication that it'll be postponed as of yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

https://twitter.com/FranceRugby/status/1236768142199750656

No indication that it'll be postponed as of yet anyway.

That message smacks of the FFR putting it up to the French Govt to make the decision. Much like Harris did with IRFU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

L'Equipe reporting PSG Champions League game to be played behind closed doors with Ireland match postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chris_c

We had flights booked with Flybe to Paris on Friday but have decided against booking with another airline as it too big of a gamble whether or not the game will go ahead.... Looking at the jump in the number of people testing positive for the virus in France i think it would be madness for the game to go ahead with so many other events getting cancelled or played behind closed doors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Postponed. Wonder how many will still travel

The Six Nations meeting of France and Ireland, scheduled for Saturday March 14, has been postponed as a result of coronavirus fears, according to reports in France.

As the number of coronavirus cases across Europe continues to rise, French Rugby Federation officials met with government officials at the French sports ministry this morning to discuss the fate of the France v Ireland game, due to be played at the Stade de France this coming Saturday.

Other nations may follow suit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭ Bailee Damaged Tailpipe

Dovies wrote: »
    Postponed. Wonder how many will still travel

The Six Nations meeting of France and Ireland, scheduled for Saturday March 14, has been postponed as a result of coronavirus fears, according to reports in France.

As the number of coronavirus cases across Europe continues to rise, French Rugby Federation officials met with government officials at the French sports ministry this morning to discuss the fate of the France v Ireland game, due to be played at the Stade de France this coming Saturday.

Other nations may follow suit

Woah Neddy... https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/0309/1121090-six-nations-say-decision-not-yet-made-on-cancellations/

Edit: now officially postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

I can't control the match being cancelled but with flights + accom paid for we're still going to go unless told otherwise

I'm in the same boat, what's your plan I am suppose to be heading Wednsday but I am very worried about 2 week quarenteen if things eslcate

I'm in the same boat, what's your plan I am suppose to be heading Wednsday but I am very worried about 2 week quarenteen if things eslcate

I'm self employed and have 2 kids at home. I won't be paid if I have to self isolate, Mrs works part time. Think we'll just take the hit on losing the flight/ hotel money, not worth the risk for €900 or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭jacool

The match is on 31 October. You'll still need a mask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I'm self employed and have 2 kids at home. I won't be paid if I have to self isolate, Mrs works part time. Think we'll just take the hit on losing the flight/ hotel money, not worth the risk for €900 or so..

Try changing flights and hotels to october.

I know one person who managed this yesterday no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Is the 31st of Oct as good as confirmed for the refixture?

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Mrs on to AL earlier so hopefully we can change to another date. Thanks for heads up..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Brewster

I seemed to be able to change Aer Lingus flights this evening without paying any change fee. Aer Lingus have jacked up the flights for 31st Oct, so game must be that weekend!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Brewster wrote: »
    I seemed to be able to change Aer Lingus flights this evening without paying any change fee. Aer Lingus have jacked up the flights for 31st Oct, so game must be that weekend!!

Did you not have to pay a €40 fee per ticket? just trying to do ours now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Any other dates would be provisional at this stage to be honest and we've 2 games to catch up on. How long did it take to reschedule during Foot & Mouth?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

pc7 wrote: »

To be fair pretty much all the airlines have waived change fees - You'll still have to pay the difference in the flight costs though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Most likely people just taking a punt on it. As tickets get snapped up, the prices go up automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

Anyone still going? Couldn't sink the lost cost of accommodation since we are going for a long trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭blackwhite

pc7 wrote: »

Changed ours last night.

Saver fare had a change fee of €40 per head per sector - so €160 in total.

Plus fare had a en extra cost of €20 per head per sector - €80 in total, with the added benefit of no change fees if we need to change again in future

Hi folks, I booked Air France for the game flying out from Dublin on the 11th at 2pm flight. I just went to check flight times again and got a notification that the outbound flight has been cancelled, even though it is now going out at 2.10 pm with the same flight number. Agent confirmed that it's cancelled but got cut off while speaking to them and couldn't get thru again. Anyone aware of this change and have AF any obligation to put us in the 2.10 flight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If they have consolidated flights for 'operational reasons' then perhaps. I'd try Air France on twitter, they say they are available 24\7 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Speaking of the game in Paris, has anyone been able to access their etickets yet for the game?

Advertisement