Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corona Virus and events

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Had a feeling. Have you a link to the post?

On their homepage
    http://www.msbac.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

opus wrote: »
    Mallow 10 is cancelled :(
    Thats my mind made up for me then. Balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I'm coming to the end of a tough 12 week training plan for Lough Boora half. If it's cancelled I think I'll take up darts or something. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

opus wrote: »
    Mallow 10 is cancelled :(

What I learnt from this is apparently I entered Mallow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

MSBAC 5k cancelled.

A lot of postage gone to waste. Many people would have received their numbers and t-shirts this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Track season still 2 months away, but assume those meets would be safe enough given its generally 3 men and a dog watching most of them. As far from a mass gathering as it gets in sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Track season still 2 months away, but assume those meets would be safe enough given its generally 3 men and a dog watching most of them. As far from a mass gathering as it gets in sport.

Ya but if events are cancelled en mass it will be socialy unacceptable for any events to go ahead. There will be a pandemic of panic and postponements, maybe rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭thelordgod

Lisbon half marathon has been postponed till September. I'm not amused to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

DCM might start seeing a load of cancellations roll in now with all these marathons being postponed till October :pac:

Yep, with Paris deferred I now get to run.....Paris 18th Oct......Dublin 25th Oct and New York 1st November..............somethings gotta give !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Only race I've registered for is the Great Limerick Run, they're saying at this stage its still going ahead but I wouldn't be too confident. I'm not registering for anymore for the next few months, I've also decided not to fight Judo for most of this year too (but that's for another forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Yep, with Paris deferred I now get to run.....Paris 18th Oct......Dublin 25th Oct and New York 1st November..............somethings gotta give !!!!!

Your legs in New York lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

Your legs in New York lol

Reckon it'll be the legs or the wallet that goes first?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Kenya has banned all their athletes from taking part in international events for the next month. Doesn't yet cover London and Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

New York Half gone this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Ceepo

New York half marathon is also cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

New York Half gone this evening.

Some of the comments online are unreal!!!

Heres just one doozy

Runners don’t care about anything when they run!!! They just love to run!!!! A runner will run with both legs broke just to make it to the finish line!!! Cancel everything you want cause of FEAR but do not cancel marathons!!!! Runners are FEARLESS and running boosts your immunity!!! This is getting out of hand!!! I joined the lottery for the NYC Marathon and did not get chosen so I entered 2 other NYC Marathon contests. I still have hope to run the 2020 NYC Marathon so I’m hoping everyone just calms down about this virus!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Guarantee their kids don't need vaccinations either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

That person has the exclamation disease.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Murph_D wrote: »
    That person has the exclamation disease.

As bad a dose of bangorrhea as I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Starting to wonder as far ahead as the October Dublin marathon....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

adrian522 wrote: »

She thinks it's a hoax because there's an election this year.

Fooking stupid Americans thinking the world revolves around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hedgehoggy

Interesting that GAA matches haven't been cancelled - but perhaps there will be an announcement that fixtures will be behind closed doors
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0311/1121573-gaa-following-hse-advice-with-fixtures-to-go-ahead/

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

Vienna gone now also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Hedgehoggy wrote: »
    Interesting that GAA matches haven't been cancelled - but perhaps there will be an announcement that fixtures will be behind closed doors
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0311/1121573-gaa-following-hse-advice-with-fixtures-to-go-ahead/

Premier league matches are going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

Premier league matches are going ahead.

One of them cancelled tonight - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51829511

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Budapest half marathon gone now. Banned anything over 500 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Prague Half postponed also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

The Brits are going to hang tough as long as possible.

I think I've made up my mind not to travel to Manchester even if it does go ahead. Both my parents are late 70's and at risk, the thought of going over and catching it (always seem to get sick after a race anyway) and giving it to them just isn't worth the risk.

Advertisement