Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Kildare County Council

• 28-02-2020 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My partner just completed the preliminary interview and main interview for Kildare CC and was placed in the 40s in the panel. She is quite disheartened as she felt the final interview went very well.

Couple of queries: did anyone else go for the position? How'd ye get on?

Also, how long does the panel last for does anyone know? Any chance at all it'd get to the 40s?

Is it okay to ask HR these questions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭FluffPiece

From previous experience with councils, most panels are normally a year and generally can be extended if needed for another year. Some places might have different rules so no harm to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Hi folks,

My partner just completed the preliminary interview and main interview for Kildare CC and was placed in the 40s in the panel. She is quite disheartened as she felt the final interview went very well.

Couple of queries: did anyone else go for the position? How'd ye get on?

Also, how long does the panel last for does anyone know? Any chance at all it'd get to the 40s?

Is it okay to ask HR these questions?

Thanks!

Hi , we are in a similar situation but a bit higher on the panel . Hopefully not all offers are accepted and it goes trough the numbers quickly . Would love to know how many are on the panel . Keep the faith , you just never know . Presumably they don’t just create a large panel for the sake of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Hi,

Yeah it is hard to know how far they might come down, only thing I do know is that there are lots of clerical officers in the county and will be chopping and changing frequently.

No idea how many are likely to be on the panel or how many jobs are going initially, which is a bit frustrating. 2 x interviews to get on the panel, so rigorous enough process.

I think it is okay to email HR in a few weeks/months and ask what number they are currently on so it will give an idea of how far down they might have come then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jomzy

I had an interview with them and I'm 35th on the panel. I am waiting as well atm. I heard from the receptionist after my final interview that there were loads of internal staffs that went for interview as well and that 60 out of 300+ people passed to final stage of the interview.

Hi anyone know if Kildare local authority / co council hours are 9-5 it can they be different to other public service jobs in that regards ? ( administration) thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone got an offer yet?

Daz_ wrote: »
    Hi anyone know if Kildare local authority / co council hours are 9-5 it can they be different to other public service jobs in that regards ? ( administration) thanks

Pretty sure it's 9-5.30 for indoor staff with Flexi time.

jomzy wrote: »
    Anyone got an offer yet?

Didn't hear of anything yet. With the pandemic going on I doubt they'd be taking on anyone. Hopefully they'll start to take off the panel soon with the country getting back to normal. Fingers crossed they need a few people!

Didn't hear of anything yet. With the pandemic going on I doubt they'd be taking on anyone. Hopefully they'll start to take off the panel soon with the country getting back to normal. Fingers crossed they need a few people!

Do you reckon they will extend the duration of the panel?

Do you reckon they will extend the duration of the panel?

I would guess that they will. It seems to be at the discretion of management in HR to extend for another year. Setting up interviews and all that would be a nightmare as things stand.

• Advertisement

Some movement here , Offer made

Hi what number are you on the panel if you don’t mind me asking? Have you been offered a permanent or temporary?

Hi Daz,

Congrats!!

Can you tell me what place you were on the panel or a rough idea? You can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks.

Anybody hear of any more movement on this?

Anybody hear of any more movement on this?

Hi I rang them yesterday and I was told they’re currently number 15 on the panel for permanent position 13 temporary position from the panel so basically 28 people on panel been given a job atm.

Hi I rang them yesterday and I was told they’re currently number 15 on the panel for permanent position 13 temporary position from the panel so basically 28 people on panel been given a job atm.

Thanks for the update!

28 people possibly offered - not all accept and some hit stumbling blocks

Hi I am just wondering how long before they give you start date after the medical? I did my my medical on the 12th of this month, but haven’t heard anything since.

I have start date and it’s on the 15th of February, but only for temporary contract :(

I have start date and it’s on the 15th of February, but only for temporary contract :(

The very best of luck with it. How long are the temporary contracts for?

• Advertisement

The very best of luck with it. How long are the temporary contracts for?

Thanks! 12 months contract

Just an update for anyone in the panel. They extended the panel till feb 2022 they’re now on 20th for permanent position.

For anyone else following this my wife was offered a temporary position today, early 40s on the panel, and they are on 25 for permanent.

Bit of a dilemma as to whether to take it or not as she is permanent where she is at the moment.

For anyone else following this my wife was offered a temporary position today, early 40s on the panel, and they are on 25 for permanent.

Bit of a dilemma as to whether to take it or not as she is permanent where she is at the moment.

The panel is moving they were only on 20th couple of weeks ago. I am really enjoying my time working in the council so far, the amount of support and kindness from people I’m working with is just unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dorcelliny

Hi everyone. Does anyone know how far they got on this panel?

I applied for 2022 panel and was wondering what are the chances like.

Also does anyone know if it’s flexi hybrid work? Thank you.

I know for a fact they got to 40+ on the permanent panel, it took a while but they got there.

Currently they're 3 days in the office and that looks to be for the foreseeable. That's probably department dependant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dorcelliny

Thank you very much for your answer 😊 and would you know if they have flexi time?

Yep, flexi back after a suspension during the pandemic, it's a nice benefit in the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

I also applied for the 2022 panel, have you heard anything back from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

@jomzy just wondering is there any chance of a temporary contract becoming permanent? I am on the panel and they should be coming up to my number soon for a temporary position but I’d only want to take it if there’s a possibility of being offered a permanent position in the near future.

Advertisement