Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picard Trailer Thread [** SPOILERS FOR ALL TRAILERS WITHIN **]

• 06-03-2020 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

So, first thought is that 7 has opened a transwarp corridor or something thereabouts and the cube has reactivated and begun to repair itself. I'm not convinced that she's becoming a queen, but perhaps she has hijacked some of the queens tech, and she was close to the Borg queen so it would make a degree of sense that she would be able to operate it.

Also did that androind remind anyone elese strongly of Airiam in DISCO?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

My guess is she's using the Queen interface to put the cube to repair itself. We see scenes of that earlier in the trailer.

Might be that she activates a beacon as it felt implied that there's a threat on the way. Maybe it's Borg.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

During one of Picard's PTSD sequences in a previous episode, we saw one of the dormant drones in the lower decks open its eyes. I'll be very surprised if there isn't an all hell breaks loose moment with the remaining drones reactivating before the season is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Stark wrote:
    During one of Picard's PTSD sequences in a previous episode, we saw one of the dormant drones in the lower decks open its eyes. I'll be very surprised if there isn't an all hell breaks loose moment with the remaining drones reactivating before the season is finished.

That's what I'm thinking. One of the podcasts I listen to also pointed out that after earlier being warned about how dangerous it is to be in the cube without one of those badges, that Elron is badge free, which suggests a large scale reactivation at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Could be a threat older and greater than the Borg. Maybe a threat that gives Borg Queens nightmares.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Could be a threat older and greater than the Borg. Maybe a threat that gives Borg Queens nightmares.

That would be interesting, an older version of the borg, or a borg precursor species. It would fit with making the ex-bs somewhat sympathetic. The thing is I'm not sure if there's the time for bringing in something like that.

Could be that when 7 reactivates the cube it draws the attention of the collective proper, and they show up. That would be awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Outside force has threatened everyone. Create synths and we wipe you out.

Mic drop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

somuj wrote: »
    Outside force has threatened everyone. Create synths and we wipe you out.

Mic drop

Possibly. Hoping we aint going down the Section31/ Discovery route

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Possibly. Hoping we aint going down the Section31/ Discovery route

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of section 9 in Ds9, and it went downhill from there. Though a conspiracy like Undiscovered Country could be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well it looks like some of ye were right about what happened in this episode.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's the trailer for episode 9 that's a most curious one. The past trailers have all spoiled major events and plot directions. But the one for 9 shows only a few scraps from the first few minutes, and is remarkably devoid of anything that after that. Nothing from the planet or who's on the planet at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement