Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bloodshot (Vin Diesel)

Options
  • 21-10-2019 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭

This looks like a good popcorn-and-coke-and-leave-your-brain-at-home cinema movie. :)

I kind of think the trailer gives too much away though....
    Based on the bestselling comic book, Vin Diesel stars as Ray Garrison, a soldier recently killed in action and brought back to life as the superhero Bloodshot by the RST corporation. With an army of nanotechnology in his veins, he’s an unstoppable force –stronger than ever and able to heal instantly. But in controlling his body, the company has sway over his mind and memories, too. Now, Ray doesn’t know what’s real and what’s not – but he’s on a mission to find out.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Lamorne Morris is not wearing a fabulous bird shirt, 0/10.

:D

Given the times we live in, that looks like the kind of genre fillter Netflix would release - whether that's a good or bad thing is up to the reader ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There was actually another version of Bloodshot in the web series, Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe that looked more like the comic.

latest?cb=20190909182237

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Looks like a fun time I must admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Sounds like Universal Soldier basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

International trailer feels more action..ey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I watched some of the trailer then looked like it was getting into the latter parts of the film so stopped.

Was reading about this and other Valiant IP last week. Seems there are a few films in the works, but I wouldn't expect a Valiant-verse as it seems different properties are with different studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So nothing connected to DC or Marvel

A robo man apart :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ubald.stone

When will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

IMDB says February 2020.

Solid release date for a newcomer. Reminds me of the deadpool release strategy. Although.. I can't imagine Vin Diesel doing a bunch of in-character viral videos like Reynolds did :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Mr E wrote: »
    I kind of think the trailer gives too much away though....
    No kidding! They gave away what I'd have thought was a major plot twist.

Still, Murder on the Orient express this is not.

Trailer 1 felt like it laid down the "What's the story?"
    Trailer 2 feels like it's focusing a little more on the action

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given the well publicised in-fighting between Diesel and Johnson on the Fast & Furious franchise, over who was the nominal star, this may be instructive to Vin as to just how box-office he truly is :D

This doesn't feel proper Vin though..

not Pitch Black or Fast/Furious Vin.

Bit more vocab than MCU Vin all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

When is this due out? It would not surprise me if this was put back too just like Bond 25.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I think this will continue to release because Sony own it. They have the cash reserves for it.

From what I understand, MGM have.. well.. Bond.. James Bond :D so they need that cash

Wiki says it's out next week here and in the States, but I see there are cams available online.
    Looking at imdb it was due for release in Hong Kong, India, Germany and Spain by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Saw this earlier in a near empty cinema. Actually was a lot better than I thought it'd be. Some ropey dialogue for sure but it zipped along at a good clip and it was never boring.

This is joining the other films getting an early digital release starting next week

Advertisement