Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blank and Double Gameweek discussion 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

As someone with only 6 for 31 as it stands who has the WC and FH and isn't totally happy with my team at present I'm tempted to save the wildcard for 37 and FH 31 with a view to using transfers to work towards 34.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

As someone with only 6 for 31 as it stands who has the WC and FH and isn't totally happy with my team at present I'm tempted to save the wildcard for 37 and FH 31 with a view to using transfers to work towards 34.

If you are not happy with your team now would you not be better off WC and setting yourself up for the remainder of season as oppose to waiting for 37 & getting minimal return in GW’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Happy now with my plan for the season:
    GW 29 TC chip Auba
    GW 31 have 7/8 players through transfers- 3 pool, 3 wolves plus 1/2
    GW 32 Wild Card:
    GW 34 DGW BB with players set up from wildcard- while keeping good single players
    GW 37: FH with big DGW getting in luxury players and teams

Leaves me well set up for season, or am I missing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

skippy15 wrote: »
    GW 29 TC chip Auba
    GW 32 Wild Card:
    GW 34 DGW BB with players set up from wildcard- while keeping good single players

I don't have TC left, but my post GW29 plan is identical to yours...at present!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

GW 29 TC chip Auba
    GW 32 Wild Card:

I was thinking the same. I saw someone talking about wildcard in 36 but I think that's too late in the day to get maximum benefit out of it. I prefer your plan although it does depend on the fixtures in 34.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Have FH, WC and BB. My current plan is:

FH 31 (My current team just won't cut it for 31 right now imo and I don't want to WC now sacrifice FTs on 29 and 30 on Spurs/Watford/Burnley players or take points hits to navigate 31)

Then appraise the fixtures released for 34 (which I believe will happen before GW32), whether I'm happy that the team I have is good for 32, 33, and with 3 FTs can effectively navigate 34.

If yes - WC 35 or 36, BB 37

If no - WC 32 to have a good XI for 34, have 2 transfers banked after 34 which will give me 4FTs to build towards a BB in 37

If I use my WC in 32 there's a small chance I'll decide to BB in 34 if I think the fixtures are attractive, remembering that the BB is really about your 4 bench players, not the full 15.

Anyone else doing something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

GW 29 TC chip Auba
    GW 32 Wild Card:

Good plan. Think I'll do the same. The only question would be the WC in GW32 or 33. Wolves, Southampton (of who I currently have 5 players) have nice games in GW32 so might leave them for that.

Liverpool play City in 32 also, with easy run ins afterwards, so depending on how they're looking (and who's getting minutes) I might want to wildcard earlier/later there.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Leaning towards FH in GW31. It's weak in terms of teams playing but that makes me think it's well suited for FH - get players in that you probably don't want either side of that week, and don't want to be using up FTs on. I have 3 liverpool and 3 wolves so any FTs would be for players from the other 6 teams. Plus one of my Wolves is Dendoncker. Also, my bench is a bit shoddy and FH-ing that week would give me space to use my next few FTs for more normal tweaking. If I had a couple more GW31 players in my squad I'd probably think differently.

I can't shake the feeling that a FH in GW37 could be gold. It will probably (certainly?) be the biggest DGW in terms of teams, and the chance to pick 11 DGWers who have something to play for looks too good an opportunity to overlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

loadwire wrote: »
    Leaning towards FH in GW31. It's weak in terms of teams playing but that makes me think it's well suited for FH - get players in that you probably don't want either side of that week, and don't want to be using up FTs on. I have 3 liverpool and 3 wolves so any FTs would be for players from the other 6 teams. Plus one of my Wolves is Dendoncker. Also, my bench is a bit shoddy and FH-ing that week would give me space to use my next few FTs for more normal tweaking. If I had a couple more GW31 players in my squad I'd probably think differently.

Exactly same boat and exactly same thinking. The bolded part is a good point too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    I can't shake the feeling that a FH in GW37 could be gold. It will probably (certainly?) be the biggest DGW in terms of teams, and the chance to pick 11 DGWers who have something to play for looks too good an opportunity to overlook.

You also get back your initial squad for gw 38 and will have it for gw 36 which may include a liverpool mid, trent and others that you will want who wont have a double.

You also get back your initial squad for gw 38 and will have it for gw 36 which may include a liverpool mid, trent and others that you will want who wont have a double.

Quite possibly, but Liverpool are home to Chelsea, may (better!) have the league wrapped up and Chelsea could have something to play for so there may be better options. It leaves everything on the table to have players who have meaningful matches.

EDIT: Think I misread you. Yes its a good thing to have Liverpool for 36 and 38, which those who WC in 36/37 may not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Quite possibly, but Liverpool are home to Chelsea, may (better!) have the league wrapped up and Chelsea could have something to play for so there may be better options. It leaves everything on the table to have players who have meaningful matches.

EDIT: Think I misread you. Yes its a good thing to have Liverpool for 36 and 38, which those who WC in 36/37 may not have.

Yes thats what I was saying those wildcarding in 36 and BB in 37 will limit themselves to 10 teams including going without players that will be good options in 36 and 38.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

GW 29 TC chip Auba
    GW 32 Wild Card:

That would be the out of the box tried and tested plan for dealing with them. Others have had success shaking it up in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Decision time on finishing strategy is here! :eek:

It comes down to Wolves v Arsenal for me. I've none of either.
    Getting Jota and Doherty (losing Vardy) or Jota Saiss (losing Ings) for a hit gives me 7 good starters for BGW31 and saves the FH chip and WC.

Going without Auba for his next four games is the scary part.

I'm sort of planning to delay WC or WC into a DGW itself if I use BB before then.

ElTel wrote: »
    Decision time on finishing strategy is here! :eek:

It comes down to Wolves v Arsenal for me. I've none of either.
    Getting Jota and Doherty (losing Vardy) or Jota Saiss (losing Ings) for a hit gives me 7 good starters for BGW31 and saves the FH chip and WC.

Going without Auba for his next four games is the scary part.

I'm sort of planning to delay WC or WC into a DGW itself if I use BB before then.

Can you afford Saïss and Auba by selling Vardy? I know that leaves you with only 6 for BGW31, but I think Auba will be highly captained this week.

I said all week I wouldn’t bring him in, but leaning strongly towards taking a hit to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

GW 29 TC chip Auba
    GW 32 Wild Card:

GW34 may only be a tiny double, might not even have any doubles!

I wouldn't be too depending on it being a major double this season, a few factors; TV Schedule (games already set for TV) and games staying in the GW34 which are postponed at the weekend of GW34 and will be played later on in GW34 (mid week games up to Thursday night). Might have only a tiny few teams doubling; Everton, Sheff Utd and Norwich at a look.

GW 37 could have up to 12 teams with a double, huge! BGW31 and GW34 games could all end up here. So BB has to be the way. So WC in 36.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Can you afford Saïss and Auba by selling Vardy? I know that leaves you with only 6 for BGW31, but I think Auba will be highly captained this week.

I said all week I wouldn’t bring him in, but leaning strongly towards taking a hit to do it.

Can't do that.
    We cant have em all!!
    All you Jimenez/jota owners already are on easy street. :pac:

Auba sends me into WC thinking and I'm hoping to get the better of it from GW33 on.

Auba for a hit looks good if it adds a GW31 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm thinking of FH'ing in GW31, as I'll only have 5 players, incl. Tanganga. My WC will essentially be a free hit for the first DGW, and the second DGW I can build up transfers to it. I also have BB and need to make up 70pts + on main rival! Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Might have to FH in 31. Only have 7 players & 1 of them is Snodgrass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

gammygils wrote: »
    Might have to FH in 31. Only have 7 players & 1 of them is Snodgrass

2 ft
    Maybe a hit
    That will be plenty
    I’ve 3 wolves 3 pool 2 Burnley and potentially 3 transfers to use
    I don’t see myself using more than 2 for 31
    Would rather carry an extra one out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    2 ft
    Maybe a hit
    That will be plenty

Same, I'll have 9 max. There isn't even 11 players I'd want that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Having a quick look around my leagues and many seem to be in the boat of having only 5/6/7 players for that week at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm going to end up with that many anyway. No interest in FH. We've seen what Watford and Wolves can end up doing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'm going to end up with that many anyway. No interest in FH. We've seen what Watford and Wolves can end up doing this week.

Yeah leaning that way at the moment. It's just that nagging feeling the Gomez and Traore are the wrong Wolves/pool players that has me contemplating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What would a FH31 team look like ya reckon?

Salah/Mane/TAA are no brainers really. After that the only defences I'd rely on is Wolves. So double Wolves defence? And then look for attacking threat from defenders?

Pope
    TAA Doherty PVA (Aurier, Ngakia)
    Salah Mane Alli Sarr Antonio
    Jimenez Jota Cilson

Any other options I'm forgetting? You need to bench one of those then. How many do you currently have, and how much do you think the difference is going to bridge? A FH team in a DGW has the potential for a double average score (average is what, 40?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What would a FH31 team look like ya reckon?

Salah/Mane/TAA are no brainers really. After that the only defences I'd rely on is Wolves. So double Wolves defence? And then look for attacking threat from defenders?

Pope
    TAA Doherty PVA (Aurier, Ngakia)
    Salah Mane Alli Sarr Antonio
    Jimenez Jota Cilson

Any other options I'm forgetting? You need to bench one of those then. How many do you currently have, and how much do you think the difference is going to bridge? A FH team in a DGW has the potential for a double average score (average is what, 40?)
    That looks about right but I'd have Wood upfront instead of Wilson though. I can field 11 of them for a - 4 but not sure it's worth a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Had a think about this today, putting it here as note to self

Current team
    McCarthy-Mcgovern

TAA-VVD-Soyunchu-Egan-Rico

Salah-KDB-Barnes-Saka-Martial

Auba-Ings-Jiminez

Going to try hold my free hit.
    And in lead up to GW 31 move

Auba out for Jota or Wood (free transfer)
    Rico out for Doherty (-4)

Pope out for McGovern (free transfer)
    One of Saka/Martial/Barnes out for Alli (maybe) (-4)

To give me the following in GW31

Pope

TAA-Doherty-VVD

Salah-Alli

Jota (or Wood)-Jiminez

This give me 8 starters for -8 points between now and GW31.

Then navigate the potential doubles with FH, WC and BB intact.

Not sold on Alli, especially with possible ban/FA action incoming, but he'd be a differential in my private league

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    2 ft
    Maybe a hit
    That will be plenty

Maybe Giroud
    (Note to self :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin