Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diesel Prices Dublin

• 04-03-2020 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there’s a website showing diesel prices in Dublin?
    I’ve googled but prices seem to be not current.

Jos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Pumps.ie used to be your only man here, but they've appeared to have given up the ghost. Cheapest I saw recently was 129.9 at Emo, Mount Brown but that was a good two weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Still 129.9 for diesel at Mount Brown Emo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

And the same at the little place at the Ballsbridge end of Northumberland Road. Was on an bus passing there the other night and spotted a taxi pulling in so I reckoned he must be the best price in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jos_kel

Where is Mount Brown Emo?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jos_kel wrote: »

Mount Brown is the western extension of James' St.

Must be this place.............

https://goo.gl/maps/DKPe7VHMtFBrSUqi7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I used to get horrendous mileage out of their petrol.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I used to get horrendous mileage out of their petrol.

Needless to say you mean horrendously bad mileage.
    Just checking.
    I guess the question then becomes what is the best value diesel prices in Dublin?

coylemj wrote: »
    And the same at the little place at the Ballsbridge end of Northumberland Road. Was on an bus passing there the other night and spotted a taxi pulling in so I reckoned he must be the best price in the area.

That one has been quite keenly priced over the last 3 years. Hassle getting onto it; more often than not you need to reverse up to the pumps but it can be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Maxol in terenure use to be one of the cheapest, the one on the quay in city too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the one on usher's island? they were done 8 years ago for fraud, they had their pumps pumping less fuel than was displayed. under new management now AFAIK.

i've never seen much more than a 2 or 3c difference in price per litre, in stations near each other, so i've never bothered too much about hunting around. if you're getting a 50l fill, a difference of 2c per litre is a euro for the whole fill, on an outlay of €70 or thereabouts. diesel and petrol has to be the consumer 'item' with the most uniform price across retailers.

• Advertisement

i've never seen much more than a 2 or 3c difference in price per litre, in stations near each other, so i've never bothered too much about hunting around. if you're getting a 50l fill, a difference of 2c per litre is a euro for the whole fill, on an outlay of €70 or thereabouts. diesel and petrol has to be the consumer 'item' with the most uniform price across retailers.

I have seen up to 10 cent a litre of difference between the vendors around Harold's Cross/Kimmage and Tallaght. Generally though, you are correct.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i usually fill up these days at the filling station opposite the coolquay lodge on the ashbourne road; they used to be the cheapest in the area, but changed supplier a few years ago and the prices went up. however, they handed out discount cards a couple of months ago so are again the cheapest - if you have a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

coylemj wrote: »

I bought there twice, my fuel pump went on the 2nd tank. €500 bill for my trouble.
    Could be a co-incidence.
    But I haven't bought there since.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

I filled up last night at Jones Oil of the Green hills road yesterday for 1.269/L. Best value around as far as I know!

Where is the Greenville road?
    Also is there a catch, that seems ridiculously cheap?
    How long have you been filling up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Where is the Greenville road?
    Also is there a catch, that seems ridiculously cheap?
    How long have you been filling up there?

Sorry, phone auto-corrected there on me. Should have been Greenhills road, it's in Tallaght. No catch, been using it on and off when I'm passing by for a few years now. They do home heating oil and all, but also sell auto-diesel on pump at the depot. Never had a problem with it in the car, I just assume they're getting it for a good price and passing it on? They're ususally a good 5-10c cheaper than the average, which is gas on because in front of them is a circle k and people do be filling up there for more.

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Sorry, phone auto-corrected there on me. Should have been Greenhills road, it's in Tallaght. No catch, been using it on and off when I'm passing by for a few years now. They do home heating oil and all, but also sell auto-diesel on pump at the depot. Never had a problem with it in the car, I just assume they're getting it for a good price and passing it on?

Excellent. Google had me heading towards Greenville in Blackrock. What a waste of good fuel that would be? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there’s a website showing diesel prices in Dublin?
    I’ve googled but prices seem to be not current.

Jos

Waze has fuel prices but it's not easy to use, along with very few users in Ireland, so the prices are usually out of date. As someone posted earlier it's not worth driving far to get cheaper fuel, just get the cheapest on your normal routes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I know the last post is 4 months old but I just want to let people know there’s an inver garage on the n77 (Ballyragget to kilkenny road) that’s doing diesel for 1.09 a litre.
    I’ve used it three times now at this stage and have had no problem with dirty fuel or anything like that.
    Its the best value I’ve come across anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭costacorta

tom1ie wrote: »
    I know the last post is 4 months old but I just want to let people know there’s an inver garage on the n77 (Ballyragget to kilkenny road) that’s doing diesel for 1.09 a litre.
    I’ve used it three times now at this stage and have had no problem with dirty fuel or anything like that.

Ya I use a garage in Cork that was 1.09 but gone up in last week to 1.11 but still good at that price ..small garage with shop and girl working there said he bought prices way down at start of Covid just to get customers and cash flow ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭costacorta

Off topic a bit but I often hear guys go on about getting dirty fuel and blaming it on certain garages . I know an apple green that is super busy 1000 cars a day I’d say and people say don’t buy there it’s cheap but petrol dirty as I know people who had problems..,, Sure of that is case surely there would be a couple hundred cars a day getting same .. I suppose I’m trying to say is it a cop out on mechanics to say dirty fuel and then blame it on some wherever you got fuel last ? ..

Cheapest I’ve seen in Dublin is 1.11 in go garage on kylemore way.

tom1ie wrote: »

Is that the garage where FiFi works?

Is that the garage where FiFi works?

I dunno? Does fifi stand for anything or is that a name?
    Anyway it’s 113.9 now.

Advertisement