Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

membership system

• 09-11-2019 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Currently we're using a spreadsheet for membership but that just won't fly any more. Are there any OS membership systems that are easy to setup & use? I can do the techy side of things, but the person/people who will actually have to use it are not at all technically adept.

It needs to handle a hierarchical structure - think football league, with each team being a separate bunch of members, all linked into an umbrella entity. Simply being able to capture members details (or as many of them as they are willing to share), is a minimum requirement. It would be nice to be able to mailshot all members or specific members, e.g. the captains of each team. Publicising events either at the global or team level would be a plus. Taking annual membership fees would be great too.

So, what I'm looking for an easy to use, fully functional membership management software. I don't know if such exists, although I've seen references to different things like Admidio and Tendenci. However I have no idea what they're like.

Any help very gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

Did you ever find anything worth working with?

This might be an outside suggestion, but I think Moodle could offer a lot of the features you want. It's a mature system under hugely active development. If any of your members have attended third level in Ireland in recent years, they'll likely be familiar with it.

It's designed for education, but has a cohort system for enrolments which might work.
    Teaching roles (which can be renamed) have the ability to message groups, and permissions can be granted for other kinds of communication.
    It supports calendering and online document or activity sharing and the personal record can be extended with custom fields.
    It also supports taking a payment via paypal for example before enroling somebody in a course, so you could use that feature for membership fees.

It's also very easy to make it GDPR compliant, and all members could view the information you hold on them and request a deletion if they desire.

Advertisement