Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blank and Double Gameweek discussion 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Fcuking Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Maybe I was a little hasty in taking noble out of my team lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Confirmed GW 31 Fixtures
    Liverpool Palace
    Wolves Bournemouth
    Burnley Watford
    Spurs West ham

Confirmed GW 34 Fixtures
    West Ham Burnley
    Brighton Liverpool
    Bournemouth Spurs
    Everton Southampton
    Of the above 8 teams Brighton, Everton and southampton may end up with a DGW34 the rest cant have one.

City Newcastle is off and both these teams will have a game the midweek so no blank and no double

Palace Chelsea will be off if Chelsea beat Leicester. If Chelsea lose both palace and Chelsea could have a double

Watford Norwich will be off if Norwich beat UTD/Derby. If Norwich lose they could have a double Watford cant have a double but could end up with a blank.

Arsenal Leicester will be off if either win their FA QF. Neither will have a Blank both could end up with a double if both lose FA QF

Sheff Utd Wolves will be off if Sheff Utd beat Arsenal. If Arsenal win Sheff Utd very likely to have a double. Wolves cant have a double in 34 but could end up with a blank.

Villa Utd will be off if Utd beat derby and Norwich. If utd get knocked out of Fa Cup both teams are highly likely to have a dgw 34 and highly unlikely to have a blank.

Their is a free midweek after the FA cup SF so some of the cancelled games will just move to the midweek after and remain in the same GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

So 31 is set...

Spurs v West Ham
    Burnley v Watford
    Liverpool v Palace
    Wolves v Bournemouth

3 Pool 3 Wolves Pope and Sarr plus maybe Deeney will do me for that week I think. Don't think it will worth taking hits for. Will not be touching Spurs, they're poison.

I'm finding it hard to justify free hitting for those teams. I think I'll ride out gw31 with 8 or 9 players and save it for a double week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It's great to have you back busts

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    It's great to have you back busts

If only I Knew how to design a spreadsheet planner like Crelin I could be rich:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

If only I Knew how to design a spreadsheet planner like Crelin I could be rich:D

Cartman is living in the Bahamas now sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    Cartman is living in the Bahamas now sure

I only stayed there for 6 months in the end....couldn't stand the heat and the Guinness over there was brutal altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Nice bit of chaos thrown in there with Spurs losing. I think that will annoy a lot of rivals who might have DCL and Cantwell, maybe others and were banking on them for 31. Less likely to have Spurs and WH assets i imagine.

West Ham are leaky away, there might be one or two Spurs assets worth looking at, will have a look at least.

I've gone back and forth but think FH31 is what I'm doing. Some will say the fixtures aren't appealing but the likes of Jota, Mane, Doherty, a possible Spurs player, Sarr, Pope.. all players I don't have who i think could return well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

KDB missed tonight through injury and is a doubt for the weekend.

Certainly throws a spanner into the works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

FitzShane wrote: »
    KDB missed tonight through injury and is a doubt for the weekend.

Certainly throws a spanner into the works.

I thought as much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

Is anyone in the same boat as myself having used WC but have everything else left and are not planning to FH in 31? Currently have 5 for 31 but can take -4 next 3 gws to get 11 out for 31 without using FH. Plan on using TC and BB in DGWs is there likely to be only 2 DGWs or possibly a 3rd that I can use FH

markc91 wrote: »
    Is anyone in the same boat as myself having used WC but have everything else left and are not planning to FH in 31? Currently have 5 for 31 but can take -4 next 3 gws to get 11 out for 31 without using FH. Plan on using TC and BB in DGWs is there likely to be only 2 DGWs or possibly a 3rd that I can use FH

There could be a third dgw but it would probably only be villa and sheff utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yes
    Also do not have BB
    Currently have
    3 pool 2 Burnley 2 wolves and 2 FT
    I will probably get jota and sarr
    After that I am not sure I will want anymore and have to keep DGW options open too
    I might even carry a second ft out of 31 now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

I'm finding it hard to justify free hitting for those teams. I think I'll ride out gw31 with 8 or 9 players and save it for a double week.

yes but will we ever have a double gameweek where there is more than 2-4 teams with an extra game? Everyone seems to be waiting for this monster gameweek that never comes.

Think alot of people will get stung by trying to be clever with their chips. And this is coming from someone with BB, FH and WC left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Also debating with myself whether I am trying to be too smart with chips (FH & BB) for the DGWs.

Currently on a wildcard so doing small changes like swapping Fernandez for Tanganga with a view to having an extra player for the GW31. Both players would only be 4th or 5th choice defender anyways so not relying on them in between.

I think I might end up using FH for GW31 just so i can keep assets like PEA & KDB, rather than using FTs to try get 9 or 10 players in GW31 and taking a -4 getting them back in the following week and setting up for BB GW34.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

I have 7 players for Gameweek 31, 3 Liverpool, 2 Burnley, 2 Wolves. No plans to free hit. If I go 11 for Gameweek 31, I will take hits. Not a big fan of Spurs vs West Ham so may just add an extra player or two from the other matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Pepe or Mahrez?
    I have Martial (7.9) and 1.3 in bank to exactly afford Pepe.

Bench so far is
    - McCarth (H Newcastel)
    - Femenia (A CRY)
    - Lascelles (A Sou)
    - Hayden (A Sou).

I can see 10+ points there. I'm planning FH in GW 31 and probably WC GW 32. After WC I don't want to have expensive bench so I like the idea of using it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭893bet

The matches that are on don’t scream Free Hit to me for 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

I only have 3 players for gameweek 31, which I'm pleased about because it makes the decision to FH very straighforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Any idea when the GW34 fixtures will be confirmed? Is it dependent on the results of the next round of the FA Cup?

Blanco100 wrote: »
    yes but will we ever have a double gameweek where there is more than 2-4 teams with an extra game? Everyone seems to be waiting for this monster gameweek that never comes.

Think alot of people will get stung by trying to be clever with their chips. And this is coming from someone with BB, FH and WC left.
    Yes either gw 34 or gw37 will have atleast 10 teams with an extra game. More than likely gw 37.

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Any idea when the GW34 fixtures will be confirmed? Is it dependent on the results of the next round of the FA Cup?

Ye dont think they will announce them till after GW 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

893bet wrote: »
    The matches that are on don’t scream Free Hit to me for 31.

When you planning on using your FH then? I've Fh,BB and TC left and 5 players for 31 but can get to 11 with (-12) over the next 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

When you planning on using your FH then? I've Fh,BB and TC left and 5 players for 31 but can get to 11 with (-12) over the next 3 weeks

11 players may not be much of an advantage for 31 outside liverpool and wolves there will be a fair few 2 pointers around and without your 2nd wc your hurting yourself for 34

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Blanco100 wrote: »

I can get to 9 players without taking hits and most of these 9 are guys who I would have in my team if I were to use the free hit. I'd basically be using the FH to fill two spots and upgrade a couple of players which might be worth as little as 4 or 5 points to me. I think it makes more sense to roll the dice on a DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think if you have 3 Pool and 3 Wolves and those Wolves players contain really good Wolves assets (prob 3 of Doherty, Saiss, Boly, Jimi, Jota) and one more player, I can see why you don't want to FH.

The problem is for people like me who have Dendonker as one of their Wolves players. This totally hamstrings me he likely won't play or if he does will return nothing and you want 3 strong Wolves players, so I'd actually have to use a transfer taking one of my only confirmed players out.

Not really willing to take hits for one week only. Not willing to sacrifice a transfer this week and getting PEA in to prepare for 31.

This essentially means I will have only 7 players for 31 if I don't FH. I could easily see myself losing 10 points or more to the average non-FHer on 31.

Whereas if I play the FH I get the ideal 11, I hope that the likes of Mane can deliver as a differential, and that I instead make 10-15 points on the non-FHer.

Enables me to relax for the next GW transferring in who I want.

It's all dependent on your team, I can understand why people aren't using FH, but to say it's a definite waste and not an attractive week is wrong imo, you have some games there where you can definitely hope for home cleanies and home goals. There's enough options there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm coming round to the idea of going with 8 possible starters in gw31 and just hoping for the best. It's a bogus gw with very little obvious value outside of Liverpool and Wolves. Then i have FH for dgw37 and can put out a Rolls Royce lineup without having the stress of having to plan for it.

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm coming round to the idea of going with 8 possible starters in gw31 and just hoping for the best. It's a bogus gw with very little obvious value outside of Liverpool and Wolves. Then i have FH for dgw37 and can put out a Rolls Royce lineup without having the stress of having to plan for it.

If you have already used your wildcard its the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If you have already used your wildcard its the best option.
    Yeah there's various ways to look at it. Of course the idea of BB for dgw37 is tempting too, especially since i'm not doing very well anyway and the idea of planning towards a potential 'monster' dgw with BB ignites the punty side of my nature.

Advertisement