Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Browning B525 SL Laminate

• 29-02-2020 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen the new Browning B525 SL in stock anywhere?

It’s a new laminate version for 525 :eek:

Your gonna love it or hate I guess but I’m intrigued :eek:

Here’s a good review if your interested

https://youtu.be/UTz26jRy67Y

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not mad about the laminate. Looks..... wrong on a shotgun.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭.243

Just another way to keep costs down without having to buy in Turkish walnut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Seems to have a massive following in the uk. But wouldn't be for me

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

.243 wrote: »
    Just another way to keep costs down without having to buy in Turkish walnut

If to keep costs down they are doing a good marketing job when charging 500 more for it vs standard 525 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

it might look nice but from my experience laminate stocks crack and split more readily than a walnut stock with the correct grain structure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Anyone come across above since.

Would not mind seeing one hands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Suppose it’s different, but not for me my reservation would be how the Laminate will wear over time, it’s not like a traditional stock that will age naturally can be recheckered and re oiled.

Advertisement