Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator: Hunting Grounds

• 10-05-2019 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh ffs how has noone made an "asymmetrical" Multiplayer game of any use in 20 years of online gaming.

Meh to the gameplay idea.

It would be awesome and made well to cater for quickmatches..........

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is this along the lines of Evolve/Holloween where one person is the predator and everyone else is a soldier?

I used to make lobbies like that in AvP about 20 years ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is this along the lines of Evolve/Holloween where one person is the predator and everyone else is a soldier?

I used to make lobbies like that in AvP about 20 years ago :o

One of the lads in giantbomb had the excellent idea, that the best way of doing this was squandered. When they added the predator mission to Ghost Recon, they shouldnt have told the players at all, and just have the Predator as an AI that would attack randomly while you were mid mission, It would have been great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Oh ffs how has noone made an "asymmetrical" Multiplayer game of any use in 20 years of online gaming.

Spy Party would like a word...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks like it's being made by the same team behind the recent Friday The 13th game so it'll be interesting to see what they've learned from that title.

As for other examples of this mode being done well, like Mickeroo, I have extremely fond memories of the various multiplayer modes in the AvP series such as Predator Hunt and Infestation which riffed on the idea.

There was also a cracking mod for Half-Life 2 called The Hidden which I had a ton of fun with with mates a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Could they have not made a single player game ffs

Spy Party would like a word...

How many hours do you have on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

See also Natural Selection 2, it's marines versus aliens, which also started out as a mod for halflife.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How many hours do you have on that?

I bought into the beta for this game in 2012 and the thing only came out last year
    still haven't got my Steam key

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

There was also a mod for half life 2 called "The Hidden", its probably the closest game ive played to what this will likely be like, it was fun but it doesnt last, you would quickly get bored, and a lot of people disconnect when they dont luck out as the hunter also which i predict will be an issue for this :(

Now you didnt have any cool gadgets like the predator does so it might last longer as a result. They prob would have been better off doing another Alien vs Predator game and just had this as a game mode within the multiplayer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

nix wrote:
    , and a lot of people disconnect when they dont luck out as the hunter also which i predict will be an issue for this

This was my experience with Friday the 13th the game,it sounds like the same game with a different skin tbh.This might be better if there's no legal trouble within the predator franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

They'll surely have better finances for this project too, given Sony's backing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

Budget title I suspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Top comment in that youtube video pretty much sums it up: “Looks great” - 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Zith wrote: »
    See also Natural Selection 2, it's marines versus aliens, which also started out as a mod for halflife.

Amazingly fun game. Loved the hell out of the HL mod, especially when servers had their own plugins for extra upgrades and such. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Free trial this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Played it for around three hours tonight. We were a group of three so because of the way matchmaking in the game works, none of us could ever be the Predator. I did play the Tutorial which allows you to play as the Hunter though.

In short? Sound design is on point. Everything else is garbage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement