Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to the game...

• 03-01-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭

Hey there Boards.

Been out of airsoft for a long ass time ... but looking to get back into it.

Who’s still around from the old days (2012/13) and what’s changed?

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No go away .............

Welcome back dude not a lot has changed since you were away plenty still playing from back in the day ,hrta is gone forever most play at either Redhills in Kildare ,spec ops in roundwood in Wicklow and simtac in navan and fingal is still running ,
    Hobby Airsoft and airsofteire are still the go to retailers ,

Guns haven't really changed most have gotten over the Masada , Evo scorpions , Kriss vectors and Mauri NGRS are kings ,Along with cyma aks ,specna arms and various g&gs .

Warsoft craic on Facebook has a fair few members regularly posting and gaming ,
    Here is quite but still ticking along

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Looks like a few old heads coming back to the sport.

Also there's a site in the city centre now which looks to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,281 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

andy_g wrote: »
    Looks like a few old heads coming back to the sport.

Also there's a site in the city centre now which looks to be good.

I've a mate who's gotten mad into it and is trying to convince me to hit a site with him this month.

Time to dust off the FAL. Hasn't been used since approx 2008 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sardonicus

Kev
    Great to see you considering a return!! I haven’t gamed in the last 18 months but can’t bring myself to selling the last of the gear.
    Would be great to get out for a game sometime.
    Think Kiwi is located close to your new neck of the woods - but mainly into Drones these days.
    Catch up soon !!

Aidan

aka Defenderdude…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Well holy fcuk,,,,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Jaysus... everyone is coming out of the wood work now!

We finally bought a place where I’ve room for gear again - after 10 years in Sandymount we’ve moved outside Dublin. The upside is having space for all my gear, which was in storage for the last 4 years or so. It was mad unpacking all the aegs and kit!

Aido/Lar - where are ye getting out these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sardonicus

We finally bought a place where I’ve room for gear again - after 10 years in Sandymount we’ve moved outside Dublin. The upside is having space for all my gear, which was in storage for the last 4 years or so. It was mad unpacking all the aegs and kit!

Not getting out gaming at all Kev. Selling a lot of the kit to fund other new toys (bikes).

aka Defenderdude…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Out of the woodwork my ass Im gaming virtually every weekend :eek:
    I'm still in kildare so I'm at redhills nearly every Sunday (work permitting). Must get u out for a game there sometime

Master of the Universe

Played my first game in ten years yesterday at Spec Ops - can't believe how many folks were there, was amazing. The site is fantastic.

Brought along my old trusty King Arms FAL (SG Airsoft got it firing again, has been sitting stored away for over a decade!)

Also took my KSC G19 along which hasn't been fired in about the same amount of time. Thought all the seals would be gone on the mag but it also ran absolutely perfectly.

Main thing which didn't work quite as ten years ago was me, my legs are bloody knackared today from all the running :pac:

Guys let's organise a reunion of hrta players at a site or beers

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Played my first game in ten years yesterday at Spec Ops - can't believe how many folks were there, was amazing. The site is fantastic.

Brought along my old trusty King Arms FAL (SG Airsoft got it firing again, has been sitting stored away for over a decade!)

Also took my KSC G19 along which hasn't been fired in about the same amount of time. Thought all the seals would be gone on the mag but it also ran absolutely perfectly.

Main thing which didn't work quite as ten years ago was me, my legs are bloody knackared today from all the running :pac:

The Fal lives ,

We've definitely grown from the old one site days welcome back dude

Master of the Universe

andy_g wrote: »
    Guys let's organise a reunion of hrta players at a site or beers

That'd be great craic! I'm thinking about hitting Spec Ops in Roundwood at least once a month if you guys are ever about?
    Gatling wrote: »
    The Fal lives ,

We've definitely grown from the old one site days welcome back dude

Yeah I couldn't get over it at all, some of the gear people have now is incredible. There was a dude there with a GBB FAL on Sunday. I almost wet myself :pac:

Yeah I couldn't get over it at all, some of the gear people have now is incredible. There was a dude there with a GBB FAL on Sunday. I almost wet myself :pac:

Get yourself a high torque motor and 13:1 gears the Fal will fly ,look into lipo batteries if you haven't already it what we all run now a days ,

Spec ops might be an idea it's been a while since I was out that way

I've yet to go to spec ops although still not driving :( I'll bum a lift

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Could you all get out of my head please. I sold everything except my g&g m4 and m9 plus a few mags. I was looking at getting out for a game but wasn’t sure if there was still an air soft scene. Pretty sure it been 9 years since I was out 🀔

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    Could you all get out of my head please. I sold everything except my g&g m4 and m9 plus a few mags. I was looking at getting out for a game but wasn’t sure if there was still an air soft scene. Pretty sure it been 9 years since I was out 🀔

No get out and game .

Now !

Still a good scene boards is quite but the airsoft scene has grown a lot since the last time you played hundreds playing across sites most weekends now

Master of the Universe

No get out and game .

Now !

Still a good scene boards is quite but the airsoft scene has grown a lot since the last time you played hundreds playing across sites most weekends now

I went into Hobby Airsoft after the last game I was at to pick some stuff up and couldn't believe the sport is that big now to allow for a shop of that size. Mine blowing stuff.

I went into Hobby Airsoft after the last game I was at to pick some stuff up and couldn't believe the sport is that big now to allow for a shop of that size. Mine blowing stuff.

Remember the days of Tony selling us either a dboys m4 or JG G36 that was the only choices ,now we have every possible type of gun covered from WW1 to next generation guns ,

Oddly enough I've a thing for lever actions at the moment

Master of the Universe

Remember the days of Tony selling us either a dboys m4 or JG G36 that was the only choices ,now we have every possible type of gun covered from WW1 to next generation guns ,

Oddly enough I've a thing for lever actions at the moment

Hah, I do indeed! Or Paul's massive haul of JG MP5s, the cornerstone of any HRTA rental there for quite a while :D

Haven't actually see any lever action airsoft rifles - any in particular you've been using? Wouldn't mind checking them out.

Haven't actually see any lever action airsoft rifles - any in particular you've been using? Wouldn't mind checking them out.

KTW a south Korean company do a M1873 Carbine which is the most skirmishable one ,and a mares leg

https://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2347&category_id=23&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Maurshin still do the terminator 2 lever action shotgun and a slightly newer version with mlok handguard the raptor zero (expensive )
    And umerex do a shell ejecting lever action they recently brought out that is a clone of its air rifle gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Hey there Boards.

Been out of airsoft for a long ass time ... but looking to get back into it.

Who’s still around from the old days (2012/13) and what’s changed?

K

Well Men,

And nice to see you back Kev, with plenty of us still lurking around here :D

Now boards will always be the spiritual home of Airsoft imo, but the likes of Facebook (mostly Messenger), WhatsApp, and Telegram have taken over for the chats, sales/trades, Q&A, help, etc.

It's a younger community, mobile apps are handier, blah blah blah :P

Also, if anybody wants to be connected there, let me know ;)

Plus, the replies here made me feel better about my lazy arse not getting out much in the last couple of years, chairsofting has been real, but really need to get out playing more :)

Is the Irish airsoft association still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

In the interest of maintaining the peace process, let's hope people remain civil about this subject ;)

And it still exists, has officers assigned, but isn't active last I discussed with a current executive.

They are intending to jump start it again for the umpteenth time :D

I’ll park that one 😬

The who?

Advertisement