Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who'd have thunk it?

• 24-02-2020 8:45pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was in Dublin this morning on some personal business and while traveling home i decided to go a different route to avoid traffic. While waiting at a roundabout i noticed a sign on a shop front saying Hobby Airsoft.

Thought to myself i could do with a new holster so dropped in.

I'll put it this way, its airsoft, but you wouldn't know it.

Great shop and a good few items, actually more than a few, that could easily be used for live fire firearms.

They are stockists for 5:11 tactical gear. I love these boots. My last pair lasted me 7 years and i gave them hell. They have a huge range of 5:11 clothing among other camo and hunting clothing.

They have a decent selection of knives. I saw about 5 to 6 brands from 5:11 to Mora (i believe).

They also have a good selection of slings, holsters, and surprisingly accessories such as rails, rings, etc. Now i was dubious at first but everything is Magpul and swiss arms and other brands that are known real firearm useable. IOW the airsofts are so realistic in weight, material and design that they actually use real firearm accessories which can easily translate to real firearms. Granted its aimed more towards the AR and pistol market, but still good to have such a supply "locally".

They had a great selection of rifle cases and pistol cases including range bags. In fact its one of the best selection for size, design, and price, i've seen in any shop let alone other gun shops. Got myself a nice Nuprol hard case because the Sig won't fit into the old hard case with the red dot, and a holster too, but i think i'll be back up on Friday and will drop in for a more detailed snoop around.

The staff were really friendly from the moment you walk in which is a trait lost in a lot of shops nowadays.

Their website is good but doesn't show some/a lot of the gear they have in the shop and the pictures of the stuff i did see doesn't really so it justice.

Just thought it might be useful if anyone is around the area and looking for a few bits and bobs.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

Advertisement